Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers Defense
I heard on moving the chains that GBs overall defense is ranked 29th, and they are dead last in red zone defense. Can this be true? And now they lost a LBer to a knee injury. Burrow ought to have a huge day.
Reply/Quote
They’ve had some untimely injuries for sure. I believe Jaire Alexander is out and he is arguably a top 5 corner.

After the Bears game I trust nothing though. A lot of folks thought we would roll through them and we did pretty much nothing.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I heard on moving the chains that GBs overall defense is ranked 29th, and they are dead last in red zone defense. Can this be true? And now they lost a LBer to a knee injury.  Burrow ought to have a huge day.

They're 6th in overall defense, one spot ahead of the Bengals. 8th in passing, 12th in run defense and 19th in ppg. 

They are dead last in redzone defense giving up a TD 100% of the time, tied with the Panthers. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
They are hurting on the edges. They lost Za'Darius Smith and now Chauncey Rivers. Preston Smith left last week with a shoulder and didnt looked the same when he came back in. Hes not on the injury report but it's a factor.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I heard on moving the chains that GBs overall defense is ranked 29th, and they are dead last in red zone defense. Can this be true? And now they lost a LBer to a knee injury.  Burrow ought to have a huge day.

I file that under human nature.  Aside from the Saints debacle, the Packers jumped out to two score leads in all their last three games.  Human nature, no matter the team, is to simply relax when your team is dealing on offense and you have a lead.  I think that when they are called upon to get stops, they do.  They are giving up 20.7 points per game in the last three and with that offense, that is a pretty good winning %.

That being said, the offenses they faced from Detroit, SF, and pitt aren't what they will see this weekend.  
Reply/Quote
The packers are like the squeelers in general, they have solid players. No mistake they are 2-1
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 11:06 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: The packers are like the squeelers in general, they have solid players. No mistake they are 2-1

Packers had their bye week already? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Their D won't be the factor. The O will. We are in for a shootout. Last QB with ball will win it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 12:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Packers had their bye week already? Ninja

Oh noes, its even better than i hoped at 3-1. Sad  
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 12:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Their D won't be the factor. The O will. We are in for a shootout. Last QB with ball will win it.

Green Bay actually has a pretty good defense,they're currently the 11th best team against the pass and the 14th best against the run..I don't think this game is a shoot out I'm thinking it'll be a game of whoever makes the first mistake loses..
Reply/Quote