Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers Sign Jarran Reed
Nothing more to see here.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Figured once Larry O's contract fell though that would be their preferred option .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Ye. Get Larry O back here cheap and a draft pick and DT is solid.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:09 PM)Yogo Wrote: Ye.  Get Larry O back here cheap and a draft pick and DT is solid.

I doubt we draft a DT if Larry O comes back. It is unlikely we carry more than 5 DTs (and 10 DL). Reader & Hill start. Tupou backs up DJ and can play wider in 5 man fronts. Larry would be 4 and #2 at 3T. Shelvin was pretty poor last year, but I doubt they give up on him yet. Not unless a real stud falls in our lap (Wyatt?). 

Plus, Hubbard & Sample can kick inside on passing downs.

DE: Hendrickson, Hubbard; Ossai, Kareem, C. Sample 
DT: Reader, Hill; Tupou, Ogunjobi, Shelvin. 

We have Hubert from last year's draft.  
Reply/Quote
I was never that impressed with Reed. If Larry is hurt do we really want to re-sign him? and at what cost? Personally, I wouldnt want to pay him even close to what Hill signed for.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:24 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I was never that impressed with Reed.  If Larry is hurt do we really want to re-sign him? and at what cost?  Personally, I wouldnt want to pay him even close to what Hill signed for.

Lordy, no. If we re-sign Larry, it is likely on a 1 year discount deal. Probably $5 mil, max. Only way it makes any sense. A lot of FA dollars are spent now, pkus his value is in the toilet. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:05 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Lordy, no. If we re-sign Larry, it is likely on a 1 year discount deal. Probably $5 mil, max. Only way it makes any sense. A lot of FA dollars are spent now, pkus his value is in the toilet. 

at 5 million for 1 year you may also want to put feelers out for Calais Campbell, Sheldon Richardson or maybe Suh.  Although I dont know if any of these guys would be a good fit for the defense we run.
Reply/Quote