Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers release RT Rick Wagner
Had a 77.8 PFF last year he's 31. Might be a nice pickup.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 07:49 PM)pulses Wrote: Had a 77.8 PFF last year he's 31. Might be a nice pickup.

Wow. Surprised they let him go. He's really not that expensive, but I guess they need the cap space. I'd totally be down for him to be a Bengal if they can't land Daryl Williams or Taylor Moton (who likely will get tagged).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 07:49 PM)pulses Wrote: Had a 77.8 PFF last year he's 31. Might be a nice pickup.

had a nice one year at GB,  but was it the system and Rodgers.. hard to judge after one year but look at his years with in Detroit.. gave up 16 sacks over 3 years there, more than Hart 3 years here , at baltimore was not given a 2nd contract also.. I would look higher
Reply/Quote
[quote='Essex Johnson' pid='992440' dateline='1613775712']

had a nice one year at GB,  but was it the system and Rodgers.. hard to judge after one year but look at his years with in Detroit.. gave up 16 sacks over 3 years there, more than Hart 3 years here , at baltimore was not given a 2nd contract also.. I would look higher
[/quote

2020 77.8

2019 58.6

2018 71.4

2017 75.2

2016 75.0

the system huh???
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 08:07 PM)pulses Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 08:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: had a nice one year at GB,  but was it the system and Rodgers.. hard to judge after one year but look at his years with in Detroit.. gave up 16 sacks over 3 years there, more than Hart 3 years here , at baltimore was not given a 2nd contract also.. I would look higher
[/quote

2020 77.8

2019 58.6

2018 71.4

2017 75.2

2016 75.0

the system huh???
sacks ?  Yes... i believe he yet to land a 2nd contract with any team.. Baltimore, Detroit, GB... I think we should look higher.. don;t you ?
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 08:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: sacks ?  Yes... i believe he yet to land a 2nd contract with any team.. Baltimore, Detroit, GB... I think we should look higher.. don;t you ?

Depends on what they wanna do? It's their job to figure it out. But in case we get priced out on some others he might be a good piece.
Reply/Quote
He was on my list of potential cuts that maybe the Bengals could pickup before they were released. Green Bay has a capable RT in Billy Turner and they need cap space. I thought even a swap of him and Gio could make sense for both clubs given Jones and Williams are both free agents and Bernard would fit their scheme really well. I strongly feel that Cincinnati should use one or both of their 7th round picks to pick up a potential cap casualty that has some value since that would eliminate the competition aspect of securing the player's services both with contract bidding and recruiting the player to here which is an obvious issue.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 10:27 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: He was on my list  of potential cuts that maybe the Bengals could pickup before they were released. Green Bay has a capable RT in Billy Turner and they need cap space. I thought even a swap of him and Gio could make sense for both clubs given Jones and Williams are both free agents and Bernard would fit their scheme really well. I strongly feel that Cincinnati should use one or both of their 7th round picks to pick up a potential cap casualty that has some value since that would eliminate the competition aspect of securing the player's services both with contract bidding and recruiting the player to here which is an obvious issue.

I'm like a lot of people cutting Gio because of his pay is a pretty good idea. He's solid but just not worth the money at this point.  I'd like to have someone like Travyeon Williams in his spot or someone like Micheal Carter UNC or even possibly Demetric Felton RB/WR UCLA.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 08:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wow. Surprised they let him go. He's really not that expensive, but I guess they need the cap space. I'd totally be down for him to be a Bengal if they can't land Daryl Williams or Taylor Moton (who likely will get tagged).

Yeah, surprised by this Wagner is a good player. Would take any one of those 3 in an instant over Hart.
Reply/Quote
This guy is a bit of a mystery.

Starter for 3 years in Baltimore, but they don't re-sign him.

Starter in Detroit for three years but they cut him while still under contract in 2020

Starter in his one season in Green Bay, but they cut him while still under contract in 2021.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This guy is a bit of a mystery.

Starter for 3 years in Baltimore, but they don't re-sign him.

Starter in Detroit for three years but they cut him while still under contract in 2020

Starter in his one season in Green Bay, but they cut him while still under contract in 2021.

Lets let him be our little bit of a mystery. Bring him in!
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 01:56 AM)pulses Wrote: I'm like a lot of people cutting Gio because of his pay is a pretty good idea. He's solid but just not worth the money at this point.  I'd like to have someone like Travyeon Williams in his spot or someone like Micheal Carter UNC or even possibly Demetric Felton RB/WR UCLA.

Gio is not only paid for his ability to run the ball, but for his abilities to protect Burrow. He's a great blocker.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 09:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  Gio is not only paid for his ability to run the ball, but for his abilities to protect Burrow. He's a great blocker.

Still paid to much when Travyeon Williams can do the same job for a whole lot less.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 06:32 PM)pulses Wrote: Still paid to much when Travyeon Williams can do the same job for a whole lot less.

Do we know Trayveon can pick up the blitz as well as Gio?
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 09:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  Gio is not only paid for his ability to run the ball, but for his abilities to protect Burrow. He's a great blocker.

LOL

You honestly believe Trayvon Williams is as good as Gio?

Right...
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 08:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Do we know Trayveon can pick up the blitz as well as Gio?

He done it well in college so I'm sure he can do it here. But until the coaching staff lets him play we wont know.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 09:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: LOL

You honestly believe Trayvon Williams is as good as Gio?

Right...

LMAO just STOP already!   Quit making Gio out like he's some all world pro bowl player because he's not. If he was as good as you make him seem to be their would've been no need to draft Mixon. So stop drinking the kool aid.
Reply/Quote
I have always been a big fan of Gio.  At the time we gave him his contract extension I did not think he was grossly overpaid.  But Mixon's cap hit will go from less than $4 million last year to over $8 million this season.  So Gio's $4.8 cap hit is going to be a much bigger burden.

In 2019, even with Mixon healthy for all 16 games, Gio played over 40% of the snaps. Even though he was not getting a lot of touches he was on the field a lot. But last year before Mixon was injured Gio played less than 30% of the snaps in 4 of the 5 games.  At that pace he would not be worth anything close to $4.8 million.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 01:05 AM)pulses Wrote: He done it well in college so I'm sure he can do it here. But until the coaching staff lets him play we wont know.

Trayveon was great in college, I just haven't seen any of that player translate yet in the NFL.

Hope it does.
Reply/Quote
Somehow I feel like adding Wagner to an already good OL would work out well for the team needing his services. However, if he came to the Bengals, we likely would be questioning why the team chose to spend that much money on such an average guy that can't seem to stick with a team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote