Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers release RT Rick Wagner
(02-27-2021, 08:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Do we know Trayveon can pick up the blitz as well as Gio?

It is actually one of his biggest strengths in an article I read about him from his former coach.  Then again, that was college...

I like Williams and Perine as well as he is a big guy that runs "downhill".  I think less dance in the backfield and more hitting the hole at speed is a big part of what hurts this rushing attack.  That doesn't mean I am willing to move on from Gio.

Yes, Gio is very well compensated for his production, but I see him as a valuable piece if the Bengals ever decide to use him and Mixon in a rotation of series instead of the moronic "it is 3rd down, let's take one of our best weapons off the field" crap they are doing now.  Gio is a complete back and is probably a better receiver than a rusher.  I just wish the coaching staff would not give up on the run so quickly.  They need much better balance to keep defenses honest as well as be less predictable and put Burrow in fewer 3rd and 10 situations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is actually one of his biggest strengths in an article I read about him from his former coach.  Then again, that was college...

I like Williams and Perine as well as he is a big guy that runs "downhill".  I think less dance in the backfield and more hitting the hole at speed is a big part of what hurts this rushing attack.  That doesn't mean I am willing to move on from Gio.

Yes, Gio is very well compensated for his production, but I see him as a valuable piece if the Bengals ever decide to use him and Mixon in a rotation of series instead of the moronic "it is 3rd down, let's take one of our best weapons off the field" crap they are doing now.  Gio is a complete back and is probably a better receiver than a rusher.  I just wish the coaching staff would not give up on the run so quickly.  They need much better balance to keep defenses honest as well as be less predictable and put Burrow in fewer 3rd and 10 situations.

Yes, if they used Gio more in 2 back sets with Mixon I would be for keeping him around.

Don't understand why they don't do this. Especially for how much they are paying both of them. Both are good in the passing
game and like you said it would make us less predictable.
Reply/Quote