Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman
Pacman shows up to camp with 4.2 percent body fat I would say he's ready to go
Reply/Quote
He is always ready to go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Despite his past with all the off the field crap, his career has been quite remarkable. Hasn't really shown any inclination of performance decline. I hope the dude retires a Bengal, he's been a pretty good success story and id hate to see him finish his career some where else.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
4.2% may be a bit overly lean, for practicing/playing in the heat.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I really am curious to see how long of elite play he has. with the time he missed for his issues early in his career, I wonder if he can duplicate Terrance Newman and play into his mid to late 30's at a high level.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 09:19 AM)Au165 Wrote: I really am curious to see how long of elite play he has. with the time he missed for his issues early in his career, I wonder if he can duplicate Terrance Newman and play into his mid to late 30's at a high level.

Jones has missed several years to suspensions.  Newman does a great job taking care of his body, but Adam is a flat-out freak.  He has the conditioning of a 20 year-old, but the experience of a veteran.  He is probably trying to keep excess pounds off to save his knees and keep his speed.  

I didn't want him originally, and I was dead wrong.  Until someone else steps up, I think he is the heart and soul of this defense.  
Reply/Quote
The praise is deserved.

However, the hypocrisy of fans bashing other players (ie Bell, Rice) for character issues is hilarious.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 08:58 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: He is always ready to go.

He's always ready to go as n always ready to fight assistant coaches.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Funny thing that body fat stuff..As a young man playing football, etc. not having much body fat helps you stay light on your feet and all that. As you age, especially in your 70s and up lack of some body fat makes it really easy to bruise. That's one of the issues with my 87 year old dad..no body fat and his arms are always bruised from just brushing up against things. Genetics plays a huge part in body fat as well. I have very little fat myself and have a tough time gaining any weight...just like my old man and at 57 you won't catch me in the gym all day. In fact if you do catch me in a gym it's because the street outside the gym is probably on fire..
I hope Jones can stick around with the Bengals awhile and keep performing at his high level.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 09:05 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Despite his past with all the off the field crap, his career has been quite remarkable. Hasn't really shown any inclination of performance decline. I hope the dude retires a Bengal, he's been a pretty good success story and id hate to see him finish his career some where else.

From all indication of what he has said, I think he intends to retire as a Bengal.  I have to say he is one who has backed up his loyalty talk by staying in Cincy once they made their offer to him.  
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 09:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Jones has missed several years to suspensions.  Newman does a great job taking care of his body, but Adam is a flat-out freak.  He has the conditioning of a 20 year-old, but the experience of a veteran.  He is probably trying to keep excess pounds off to save his knees and keep his speed.  

I didn't want him originally, and I was dead wrong.  Until someone else steps up, I think he is the heart and soul of this defense.  

Here's to hoping his personality and attitude of being in shape will fester through the locker room and get Burfict and Rey M up to snuff!
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 10:31 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Here's to hoping his personality and attitude of being in shape will fester through the locker room and get Burfict and Rey M up to snuff!

He is a great player but his personality is trash. I don't want him having any influence outside the locker room on our other players. 

I'm probably being harsh but his demeanor at certain points last year is a concern. Sometimes his passion clouds his judgment. The same can be said for Burflict.

Here's hoping to they learned their lesson.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 10:42 AM)jeremydc Wrote: He is a great player but his personality is trash. I don't want him having any influence outside the locker room on our other players. 

I'm probably being harsh but his demeanor at certain points last year is a concern. Sometimes his passion clouds his judgment. The same can be said for Burflict.

Here's hoping to they learned their lesson.

His personality and influence off the field is on the other players.  They are all grown men and should know how to conduct themselves in an acceptable manner.

His personality in the locker room and on the field is all that matters, because he's a winner and knows what it takes. Yes, the emotional penalties and fouls are costly and ALL the players need to be aware of that just as he's aware of it here in a recent quote of his;

“You go back and look at the game, we’re not losing the game because of what Coach Lewis did. The games we lost are because we either made dumb-ass mistakes or flags . . . It’s never been conditioning … I’m trying to think of when I’ve seen us play and we were just really tired. I can’t, I can’t recall that one.”
Reply/Quote
Just my opinion.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 12:06 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Just my opinion.

Mine too!  We aren't good enough to be NFL coaches so all us 'couch coaches' have are opinions!!   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 12:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Mine too!  We aren't good enough to be NFL coaches so all us 'couch coaches' have are opinions!!   Tongue

Rock On

Reply/Quote
Here is a great stat on Pacman's 2015 season.  FootballOutsiders ranks Adam among the top 5 in their two main measurements of CB performance.  Pac was #2 in yards allowed per target, and #5 in success rate (success rate is a stat that takes down and distance into account.  For example allowing a 5 yard completion on 2nd and 10 is a success but a failure on 3rd and 5)

The only other CBs to rank in the top 5 in both categories were Patrick Peterson and Josh Norman.
Reply/Quote
By all accounts, from personnel staff to coaches to the stat-heads, Jones was one of the best cover corners in the NFL last year. I'm not sure what body fat means on the field, other than the dude is jacked. But as Vance Joseph told me a year ago when I did the story below on Adam, if you can't run, your intellect and technique don't matter - and Adam can still run.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/12/04/beautiful-mind-adam-pacman-jones-cincinnati-bengals/76766542/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
I have to give Jones a lot of credit.
Falling out of favor, then working your way back from being on Pros vs Joes is an amazing accomplishment.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Still cost Bengals their long awaited playoff victory.

There were other variables that happened in real time.

He just took the bait, swallowed hook and run with it without thinking.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote