Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacman Jones Is Opening A Pizza Place In Covington
Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but he's a former Bengal, and this is pretty much in Cincinnati, so I figured it should go here.

Pacman and his wife, Tishana Holmes, are opening a pizza joint in Covington, Kentucky, which is the town you enter when you cross the bridge from the west side of Cincinnati (but it's actually in East Covington). It's one of the lower-income areas of the city (not horrible, but not great), so hopefully it will be a nice place for people to go, provide employment to people, and just hopefully build the area.

Quote:Tishana Holmes learned a love for food from her father, a culinary chef in her native Tennessee where he operates a catering business.
She is bringing those kitchen skills to Covington, with her husband, former Cincinnati Bengals player Adam "Pacman" Jones, with EndZone Pizza, named as a nod to the other business that brought the couple to the region.
"We put in a lot of work to make sure we come into the community and just represent very well," Holmes said. "We want to come into the community and add to what you already have, and just add our flair to it."

There's about three more paragraphs about things like what they're offering- including wings, one of which is named the Pac Attack, another is after Chad (the Ocho spice), Ickey Woods (the Ickey Shuffle, naturally), Andrew Whitworth (the Whitworth), and the late Chris Henry (Slim Henry sauce).

It doesn't look like there's any TVs up yet, but I think they could get big crowds in their on Sundays for Bengals games.

His wife sounds like she knows what she's doing in training the chefs, so I'll have to go check it out sometime!
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 09:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but he's a former Bengal, and this is pretty much in Cincinnati, so I figured it should go here.

Pacman and his wife, Tishana Holmes, are opening a pizza joint in Covington, Kentucky, which is the town you enter when you cross the bridge from the west side of Cincinnati (but it's actually in East Covington).  It's one of the lower-income areas of the city (not horrible, but not great), so hopefully it will be a nice place for people to go, provide employment to people, and just hopefully build the area.

There's about three more paragraphs about things like what they're offering- including wings, one of which is named the Pac Attack, another is after Chad (the Ocho spice), Ickey Woods (the Ickey Shuffle, naturally), Andrew Whitworth (the Whitworth), and the late Chris Henry (Slim Henry sauce).  

It doesn't look like there's any TVs up yet, but I think they could get big crowds in their on Sundays for Bengals games.  

His wife sounds like she knows what she's doing in training the chefs, so I'll have to go check it out sometime!

Pizza is a tough one.  Just so  many of them, both national chain and locally owned.

They should be able to open well enough, based on name recognition alone.  If they're good, they have a change.  Most people have a favorite and that brings a loyalty that's hard to break.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 09:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but he's a former Bengal, and this is pretty much in Cincinnati, so I figured it should go here.

Pacman and his wife, Tishana Holmes, are opening a pizza joint in Covington, Kentucky, which is the town you enter when you cross the bridge from the west side of Cincinnati (but it's actually in East Covington).  It's one of the lower-income areas of the city (not horrible, but not great), so hopefully it will be a nice place for people to go, provide employment to people, and just hopefully build the area.

You're fine. Pacman is retired and a former Bengal. If we was still playing for say - Denver - then it'd usually go in around the NFL.

As someone who spent his first 30 years in and around Covington, west side of Cov probably isn't the best spot for Pacman. Not that it's ever been a great place, but Cov is really run down with heroin addicts over the last 10 years or so. It's an epidemic down there. I guess as long as he's not in there flipping pizzas and is very hands off, he should be fine..but for someone who is so prone to finding trouble, he should definitely avoid hanging around that area. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're fine. Pacman is retired and a former Bengal. If we was still playing for say - Denver - then it'd usually go in around the NFL.

As someone who spent his first 30 years in and around Covington, west side of Cov probably isn't the best spot for Pacman. Not that it's ever been a great place, but Cov is really run down with heroin addicts over the last 10 years or so. It's an epidemic down there. I guess as long as he's not in there flipping pizzas and is very hands off, he should be fine..but for someone who is so prone to finding trouble, he should definitely avoid hanging around that area. 

Honestly, I haven't been through there much besides for just passing by or if I had a meeting or something in Covington (or I've presented at Holmes a few times), so I couldn't make a comment one way or the other.  I quit going to Mainstrasse just because that was always a bunch of college kids with fake IDs, but it sounds like some people are trying to buy property along the riverfront and build it up with nice houses, hotels, and whatever else.  I could be completely wrong about that.  

This sounds like it's more inner-city, though, and Covington definitely has its share of questionable characters.

I'll definitely make sure the sun's out if I ever go there, but maybe he'll end up doing ok.  His wife sounds like she knows what she's doing, so maybe she'll be the sane one.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're fine. Pacman is retired and a former Bengal. If we was still playing for say - Denver - then it'd usually go in around the NFL.

I'd like to see what the quality of the food is like.  It sounds pretty good from the descriptions.  I'm always up for trying some new wings, and I think it's cool that he opened up shop in a more "authentic" part of town.  

I love me some Covington.  Cincinnati changes and gentrifies.  Over The Rhine becomes a overpriced hipster hangout.  The Banks tries to emulate (relatively poorly) what other cities do extremely well with open-air entertainment districts around sports venues.  Covington just stays Covington, and sometimes even gets worse, lol.  You can go to a nice bar in Mainstrasse, but don't park too far south in the neighborhood, lol.  I look at it as having all of the fun of Cincinnati plus a little added unpredictability.  There's no better place to pregame, IMO.
Reply/Quote
I wish em success and hope he can keep his nose clean to keep the cops from putting them under a microscope every day.. I would not be too shocked to learn the shop gets raided at some point by police...not that he's ever done anything to deserve any such scrutiny..  Nervous
Pizza shops often are boom or bust. The ingredients are typically dirt cheap so there's a buttload of markup to be made so lots of it boils down to taste (Is is really good) and marketing and location. If you have a great location, good at marketing and management and make great pizza it's REALLY tough to go broke running a pizza joint, but plenty have managed to screw it up more than once.. I bet plenty of snot nosed, pimple faced kids will be dropping by to "fill out an application".. lol
 If you're a teenager working in a pizza joint and don't have a face full of zits you're just not trying.. I have a buttload of experience with pizza joints.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're fine. Pacman is retired and a former Bengal. If we was still playing for say - Denver - then it'd usually go in around the NFL.

It doesn't matter where he hangs out. Trouble doesn't follow him. He is trouble.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I'm gonna go make it rain in there!   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 10:45 PM)McC Wrote: Pizza is a tough one.  Just so  many of them, both national chain and locally owned.

They should be able to open well enough, based on name recognition alone.  If they're good, they have a change.  Most people have a favorite and that brings a loyalty that's hard to break.

There are lots of them, but it is also the lowest overhead restaurant...ingredients are cheap.  Good margins....
Reply/Quote
Hmmmm...What could possibly go wrong with Pac Man owning/hanging out in a place that serves alcohol?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 08:59 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Hmmmm...What could possibly go wrong with Pac Man owning/hanging out in a place that serves alcohol?

I wonder if he'll put a "No Firearms Allowed" sign, as it's sometimes seen in AZ businesses.
Reply/Quote
Chefs, in a pizza joint??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Every pie should have a missing piece so it looks like Pacman.
Reply/Quote
I'll have 1 large "Beat-A-Ho"
1 large "Strip Club Shootout"
1 large "Spitter"
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 10:37 AM)Earendil Wrote: Every pie should have a missing piece so it looks like Pacman.

Does Namco have good lawyers? 
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Does Namco have good lawyers? 

Not as good as Nintendo's, but I would imagine they have decent ones.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:40 PM)Earendil Wrote: Not as good as Nintendo's, but I would imagine they have decent ones.

The fact that PacMan as a character is known for video games and Adam Jones is using Pac to sell an unrelated food product could make it legally distinct, but who knows.  Legal stuff is tricky, but I know Namco used the name "Pac Attack" before, for example.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 08:59 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Hmmmm...What could possibly go wrong with Pac Man owning/hanging out in a place that serves alcohol?

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^
Reply/Quote
Police eat for free.

But they can't watch him make the pie.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 01:38 AM)grampahol Wrote: I would not be too shocked to learn the shop gets raided at some point by police...not that he's ever done anything to deserve any such scrutiny..  Nervous

[Image: 20190614_173835_zpsbhp4ut4p.jpg]

[i]EndZone team poses for a photo from Covington Police Chief Rob Nader, who popped in to try the menu during a preview on Friday (RCN)[/i]
Reply/Quote