Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacman Jones Is Opening A Pizza Place In Covington
(06-17-2019, 10:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Chefs, in a pizza joint??

".  .  .  the dry rub wings, which are tossed in a Grippo's potato chip and lemon pepper dust."
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: 20190614_173835_zpsbhp4ut4p.jpg]

[i]EndZone team poses for a photo from Covington Police Chief Rob Nader, who popped in to try the menu during a preview on Friday (RCN)[/i]

Hmm, plastic chairs.  Pretty classy..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Could be Great television to have Chef Gordon Ramsey come in when the Restaurant is on hard times and chew out Pac Man & his Staff on camera.

Ramsey yelling profanities in Pac Man's face telling him all of the changes he needs to make to stay in Business.

Pac Man's eyes starting to water before he snaps and gets into "Airport fight mode" on Ramsey with some choice words of his own.

Must see TV...   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 08:59 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Hmmmm...What could possibly go wrong with Pac Man owning/hanging out in a place that serves alcohol?

Who said they'll be serving alcohol?  Did I miss something?
Reply/Quote
I doubt Pacman has much to do with the restraunt other then the clout his name brings in Cincinnati. It sounds more like a project for his wife and EndZone Pizza. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Honestly, I haven't been through there much besides for just passing by or if I had a meeting or something in Covington (or I've presented at Holmes a few times), so I couldn't make a comment one way or the other.  I quit going to Mainstrasse just because that was always a bunch of college kids with fake IDs, but it sounds like some people are trying to buy property along the riverfront and build it up with nice houses, hotels, and whatever else.  I could be completely wrong about that.  

This sounds like it's more inner-city, though, and Covington definitely has its share of questionable characters.

I'll definitely make sure the sun's out if I ever go there, but maybe he'll end up doing ok.  His wife sounds like she knows what she's doing, so maybe she'll be the sane one.
yeah likely shes running the business and hes the cash behind it.

Wish Adam Jones well.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 05:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Who said they'll be serving alcohol?  Did I miss something?

It's a Pizza/Wings place. If they don't they'll be open for about 5 minutes. 

WTS, best of luck to the Jones' 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

[i]EndZone team poses for a photo from Covington Police Chief Rob Nader, who popped in to try the menu during a preview on Friday (RCN)[/i]

Does that photo count as his next mug shot?
Reply/Quote
We dont really consider Covington to be part of Kentucky. Ughh...what a craphole
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote
No Pacman arcade game? How'd they mess that one up? Good luck Pac!
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 07:38 AM)bonesaw Wrote: No Pacman arcade game?  How'd they mess that one up?  Good luck Pac!

If he gets one of those Baby Pac Man arcade/pinball hybrids from 1982 I'm on board. 
Reply/Quote

Wow..They really went all out on those high end dining room decor items, eh? I remember back when waitresses would sometimes have to pay to get certain high end waitressing gigs because the tips were so good.. I bet they'll be scratching each others eyes out for this one..and EVERYONE knows the Afro American community is known for great tippers..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 01:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  Hmm, plastic chairs.  Pretty classy..

Keys to a good business start up in the food business Fast food which pizza includes pizza):

1. Low overhead - keep rent low so place like Covington likely extremely low overhead.
2. Keep start up costs low for décor and equipment.
3. Brand the business, Jones seems to have branded it well with former Bengals items on the menu.
4. Keep food and paper costs down - Pizza has around a 15% cost so one of the best money makers. The alcohol can be tricky, due to theft, added insurance costs and others costs has to be managed well.

It appears they have a great business plan, as far as the class comment, it is a fast food bar/restaurant so you don't spend $500K on décor, if he did quick way to go out of business. I am surprised he did not go with orange and black décor, red is traditional pizza, but he is trying to brand Bengals into his business,
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 09:38 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Keys to a good business start up in the food business Fast food which pizza includes pizza):

1. Low overhead - keep rent low so place like Covington likely extremely low overhead.
3. Brand the business, Jones seems to have branded it well with former Bengals items on the menu.
4. Keep food and paper costs down - Pizza has around a 15% cost so one of the best money makers. The alcohol can be tricky, due to theft, added insurance costs and others costs has to be managed well.

It appears they have a great business plan, as far as the class comment, it is a fast food bar/restaurant so you don't spend $500K on décor, if he did quick way to go out of business. I am surprised he did not go with orange and black décor, red is traditional pizza, but he is trying to brand Bengals into his business,

I agree with everything above ...except... The photo just reeks of cheap.. You would think orange and black MIGHT have been the better color option, but then it would clash with police uniforms so there is that to think about.. Perhaps they're thinking to add a little orange somewhere and have the SWAT team kind of round out the black parts.. In other news Zac Taylor announced a ban on current Bengals players from ever stepping foot in... well,, you know..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 09:38 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Keys to a good business start up in the food business Fast food which pizza includes pizza):

He'll rack up plenty of replacement costs in those chairs, especially if a group of guys my size or bigger venture in..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 10:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He'll rack up plenty of replacement costs in those chairs, especially if a group of guys my size or bigger venture in..

Those chairs are sturdier than they look and cost around $200 each. I have had some, they last around 5 years with heavy use.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
He should serve a Bengals Prime Time special. A pizza that completely falls apart when it isn't 1pm on a Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 10:16 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Those chairs are sturdier than they look and cost around $200 each. I have had some, they last around 5 years with heavy use.

Ok, they just look like those cheap, plastic patio chairs you find at Walmart.  I've crushed a few of them in my days.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bengals themed menu:

The Prime Time - a pizza that completely falls apart if it isn't 1pm on a Sunday
The John Ross - a pizza that still isn't ready 2+ years after you paid for it
The Carson Palmer - a slightly above average pizza that you are forced to trade to someone else
The Mike Brown - a venerable and lousy pizza that sits in a display case and can't be removed no matter how bad it is
The Marvin Lewis - a bland and doughy pizza that seems like it's been on the menu forever
The Zampese - a pizza made by someone who has no idea what he is doing and shouldn't be making pizza
The Burfict - the dirtiest pizza this side of the Hines Ward

Oh, the cleverness of me.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 10:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Bengals themed menu:

The Prime Time - a pizza that completely falls apart if it isn't 1pm on a Sunday
The John Ross - a pizza that still isn't ready 2+ years after you paid for it
The Carson Palmer - a slightly above average pizza that you are forced to trade to someone else
The Mike Brown - a venerable and lousy pizza that sits in a display case and can't be removed no matter how bad it is
The Marvin Lewis - a bland and doughy pizza that seems like it's been on the menu forever
The Zampese - a pizza made by someone who has no idea what he is doing and shouldn't be making pizza
The Burfict - the dirtiest pizza this side of the Hines Ward

Oh, the cleverness of me.

Cute if your goal is to go out of business in 6 months.

Reply/Quote