Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pacman Jones is still human garbage
(09-14-2015, 12:11 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Wut?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZOEH44HHtI

He seems to look just fine in this video.

Wasn't as bad as I remembered eh? Still though, markedly more violent scrap just as an example. The pac helmet and face shove is just not a big deal to me. Relative to the fights and brawls that happen all the time it's really nothing of note.....but its pac so..
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:06 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Remember the beatdown Andre Johnson put on courtland Finnegan?  It was generally seen as rather a good thing even though he completely rearranged Finnegan's face with impunity.  This was such a non radar tripping incident if its not pac.

Finnegan grabs Johnson's facemask prior to the fight. That was an actual fight. Pacman is upset that a rookie blocked him on a big run, so he gets on top of Cooper, takes Cooper's helmet off, grabs his head and slams it into the helmet. Maybe if Johnson takes Finnegan's helmet and hits him with it we can compare the two.

I also don't know how you're going to tell me that this isn't "radar tripping" if Jimmy Smith does it to Nelson Agholor or something. Is it bigger because Pacman has a history of being an awful person? Sure, that's what happens when you grab a stripper's head and slam it into a hard surface (hmmm, replace stripper with football player), pay a guy to shoot up a strip club you were kicked out of (paralyzing a man), and punch a woman in the face on the street. Maybe you don't use a helmet as a weapon on the field if  that's your past. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Finnegan grabs Johnson's facemask prior to the fight. That was an actual fight. Pacman is upset that a rookie blocked him on a big run, so he gets on top of Cooper, takes Cooper's helmet off, grabs his head and slams it into the helmet. Maybe if Johnson takes Finnegan's helmet and hits him with it we can compare the two.

I also don't know how you're going to tell me that this isn't "radar tripping" if Jimmy Smith does it to Nelson Agholor or something. Is it bigger because Pacman has a history of being an awful person? Sure, that's what happens when you grab a stripper's head and slam it into a hard surface (hmmm, replace stripper with football player), pay a guy to shoot up a strip club you were kicked out of (paralyzing a man), and punch a woman in the face on the street. Maybe you don't use a helmet as a weapon on the field if  that's your past. 

Use a helmet as a weapon????? Really?? Your rhetoric is so over the top and misrepresentative of reality that conversing with you at all becomes virtually unbearable at times.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Cortland had it coming, hes had a history of being an instigator on the field. Pacman however hasn't been the type of guy whos been a jerk on the field, just one off the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:26 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Use a helmet as a weapon?????  Really??  Your rhetoric is so over the top and misrepresentative of reality that conversing with you at all becomes virtually unbearable at times.

you defended him punching a woman... I'm not sure why you're even talking.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:27 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Cortland had it coming, hes had a history of being an instigator on the field. Pacman however hasn't been the type of guy whos been a jerk on the field, just one off the field.

Finnegan definitely had it coming on that play. He started it right there. Both deserved some sort of punishment, but if Henry wants to know why people were ok with what Johnson did, that might be a good place to start.

Pacman also seems to reserve his violence for the fairer sex, so I was surprised that he did that to a grown ass man. I could see him paying someone else to do that to Cooper. All jokes about what an awful person he is aside, are you suggesting he was instigated or are you just saying that it's out of character for his character issues to be displayed on the field?

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: My sentiments....I guess Cooper pulling his dreads and the throat punch that led to Pacman's dirty pool wasn't dirty.....   Rolleyes

I didn't see that, but if that is true then I can understand his retaliation.  However you gotta keep your cool out there.  It's always the guy that retaliates that gets caught.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: you defended him punching a woman... I'm not sure why you're even talking.

Nope, I said it was wrong but saw it as more slap than punch and not entirely undeserved. It's not as though he struck her cuz she wouldn't give him the digits. It was reactionary.

And of course you did us all the huge favor of defending Ray rices cave man krap after riding pac so hard. And you take this message board stuff so seriously I'm sure you'll just lie about it, but I know I wasn't the only laughing at your defense of rice. Good ol' bmore hypociritcal. Bmore hyperbolic etc. It really is to laugh, reading your convoluted self righteous drivel.

How ya been?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Finnegan definitely had it coming on that play. He started it right there. Both deserved some sort of punishment, but if Henry wants to know why people were ok with what Johnson did, that might be a good place to start.

Pacman also seems to reserve his violence for the fairer sex, so I was surprised that he did that to a grown ass man. I could see him paying someone else to do that to Cooper. All jokes about what an awful person he is aside, are you suggesting he was instigated or are you just saying that it's out of character for his character issues to be displayed on the field?

Instigated or not, we haven't seen this behavior displayed on a regular basis, so its not like we can lump into the company of a player like Suh who seems to get his jollies stomping on opponents.

I find it funny how guys like to come on here and bash players like Pacman, until he's a player on their team. I still think he's a scumbag, but I don't mind that he's shutting down opposing teams WR's.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Finnegan grabs Johnson's facemask prior to the fight. That was an actual fight. Pacman is upset that a rookie blocked him on a big run, so he gets on top of Cooper, takes Cooper's helmet off, grabs his head and slams it into the helmet. Maybe if Johnson takes Finnegan's helmet and hits him with it we can compare the two.

I'm in no way defending Pacman's actions, but don't pretend that Cooper was this "defenseless victim" that was just blocking. Watch the ENTIRE PLAY, not just the 6 second vine good sir...Grabbing Pacman's hair, and then his neck, will result in pacman, not adam, coming out to play. I do think he deserves a fine, but he's not going to get a suspension. They are already calling it a retaliation, not something out of the blue.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: My sentiments....I guess Cooper pulling his dreads and the throat punch that led to Pacman's dirty pool wasn't dirty.....   Rolleyes

You got a video of that throat punch?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:51 PM)mroudfly Wrote: Watch the ENTIRE PLAY,

Do you have a video...I can't find one.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote

You're sugar coating what happened in the play during the run. Cooper was either pulling his jersey or hair running alongside him. Then Cooper basically throws a punch to Jones face/throat area. Neither of which fall into the (blocking) category.

Does any of the above make what Adam did after the play ok ? No

But they're playing a violent, passionate, sport. Emotions run high. Jones should be fined, no doubt.

But you can't lump this in with off field incidents.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:51 PM)mroudfly Wrote: I'm in no way defending Pacman's actions, but don't pretend that Cooper was this "defenseless victim" that was just blocking. Watch the ENTIRE PLAY, not just the 6 second vine good sir...Grabbing Pacman's hair, and then his neck, will result in pacman, not adam, coming out to play. I do think he deserves a fine, but he's not going to get a suspension. 

(09-14-2015, 01:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You're sugar coating what happened in the play during the run. Cooper was either pulling his jersey or hair running alongside him. Then Cooper basically throws a punch to Jones face/throat area. Neither of which fall into the (blocking) category.

Video?

Reply/Quote
Hey Pat, while Suggs is out is it true he's gonna be the new Clorox spokesman?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://deadspin.com/pacman-jones-rips-amari-coopers-helmet-off-slams-his-h-1730425238

Wanted to know how Cincy fans felt about this. I know a lot of you have defended him for punching women (he had beer poured on him, he could have hurt himself on the bottle!!), so I guess this is ok? Should be interesting to see if those vilifying Suggs for a legal tackle think this is ok.

I think he needs fined and suspended. Absolutely classless act... :angry:
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote

Ravens sucked yesterday so you're fishin' hard. Put the chum away. There was more to what Cooper did than block but i'm not about to defend what Jones did. He should have handled it differently, but that's easy for me to say, sitting on my recliner. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Finnegan definitely had it coming on that play. He started it right there. Both deserved some sort of punishment, but if Henry wants to know why people were ok with what Johnson did, that might be a good place to start.

What i'm saying is, that Flacco pick was turrrible. Yet, not surprising. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
not getting suspended because the league didn't see it as anything excessive. Plus Cooper moved on from it. Can't blame Jones for reacting physically. Plus the extra nonsense of Adam Jones off field history is that, history. He's turned his life around better than most troubled players. Want scum? Dez, Suh, Aldon Smith, Ray McD, etc. go comment on those team boards because those guys are still at large.

You all just hold on to old things a little too much.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:30 PM)type_stripe Wrote: not getting suspended because the league didn't see it as anything excessive. Plus Cooper moved on from it. Can't blame Jones for reacting physically. Plus the extra nonsense of Adam Jones off field history is that, history. He's turned his life around better than most troubled players. Want scum? Dez, Suh, Aldon Smith, Ray McD, etc. go comment on those team boards because those guys are still at large.

You all just hold on to old things a little too much.

He won't get suspended because it's the first big on field incident. That's understandable. However, you guys really need to stop deflecting to other league scum bags. Dude beat two women.

(09-14-2015, 02:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ravens sucked yesterday so you're fishin' hard. Put the chum away. There was more to what Cooper did than block but i'm not about to defend what Jones did. He should have handled it differently, but that's easy for me to say, sitting on my recliner. 

I legit would like to see the video of Cooper doing that so I can call for him to get punished too. People keep saying it, but I haven't seen it.

Reply/Quote