Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pacman and AJ on their time in Cincy
Warning for bad language but interesting to hear from players who were on the team. Pacman seems to think that those report cards led to some changes. Also they liked Marvin but he worked them hard according to Pacman.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3r1y2r9k0yU&t=202s&pp=ygUOUGFjbWFuIGFqIGhhd2s%3D
Reply/Quote
Glad to see AJ comment on how much things had changed and how much better they were.

I think they're even better now, so let's hope we keep upgrading in any spots we're still weak in!
Reply/Quote
Pacman mentioned that the Bengals are putting in a Daycare for the players kids during the week and for games. That's 2 out of the 3 things on the NFLPA report card for the Bengals. I expect the restaurant is probably open every day now too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I saw that episode

I literally forgot AJ Hawk was a Bengals. I looked up his stats and it made sense. Dude started 11 games, played in 16, but only had like 23 tackles combined

That’s COOKED
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 12:06 PM)Housh Wrote: I saw that episode

I literally forgot AJ Hawk was a Bengals. I looked up his stats and it made sense. Dude started 11 games, played in 16, but only had like 23 tackles combined

That’s COOKED

He was the 5th LB in terms of defensive snaps played, only playing 26%. He clearly played his role pretty well, though. That defense was great.... 11th overall, 2 scoring, 6th in takeaways, 9th in sacks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 12:07 AM)Synric Wrote: Pacman mentioned that the Bengals are putting in a Daycare for the players kids during the week and for games. That's 2 out of the 3 things on the NFLPA report card for the Bengals. I expect the restaurant is probably open every day now too.

Some teams had real issues to overcome on that report card. Our team didn't...glad to see they are paying attention though especially since some of it was so easy to remedy

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

That’s COOKED

Disrespecting the Hawk is such a bad look.  Bengals were his childhood team and he is still a huge fan.  He is also the all time tackles leader in Packers history. 

Reply/Quote
I know they are giving credit to Burrow for the change in practice facilities and the players' food/locker room/workout etc. But, as much as I think Burrow is a credit to this team, he doesn't have that kind of juice.

The changes they speak of are directly related to Katy. Mike was old school like Paul Brown. The players were employees and just chess pieces to Paul Brown. Katy, as her responsibilities have grown, so have the modernization of the franchise and the facilities.

Hell, they're even talking about pitching in major dollars to upgrade or maybe even replace the stadium. They've already taken Paul Brown's name off the stadium. No way Mike or Paul Brown would ever have allowed that.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 10:23 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: I know they are giving credit to Burrow for the change in practice facilities and the players' food/locker room/workout etc.  But, as much as I think Burrow is a credit to this team, he doesn't have that kind of juice.

They've already taken Paul Brown's name off the stadium. No way Mike or Paul Brown would ever have allowed that.

Mike Brown is the one who took Paul's name off the stadium, knowing the organization needed more capital for the guaranteed contracts coming up.  It has been well documented in countless stories.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 04:20 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Mike Brown is the one who took Paul's name off the stadium, knowing the organization needed more capital for the guaranteed contracts coming up.  It has been well documented in countless stories.

So you can teach an old dog new tricks, it just takes 30 years of him peeing on the carpet first.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

That’s COOKED

Wrong.

He didn't fit their system and was the first LB off of the field in nickel or dime packages.

No shame in that at all. James Harrison is another great NFL LB that was neutralized and looked out of place playing in the Bengals scheme.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
These multi-millionaires complaining about having to be at work 10-12 hours a day and not being provided a free lunch and childcare is such a bad look. I work 10 hour days as well, and guess who pays for my lunch? Guess who paid for my childcare when I had small kids? When I hear that whining coming from NFL players I just want to say FO, be grateful for what you have been given and buy your own lunch and shut your pie hole.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 08:28 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Wrong.

He didn't fit their system and was the first LB off of the field in nickel or dime packages.

No shame in that at all. James Harrison is another great NFL LB that was neutralized and looked out of place playing in the Bengals scheme.

Funny thing I learned recently is that Zimmer was against the Harrison signing. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote