Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman
Picking up Adam will turn out to be the best free agent signing of all time for Mike Brown but he is not a Eagle Scout.

Adam has a bad past hangin with really bad crowds. Gunshots, strip clubs, drugs, booze, money and lawsuits-this never turns out good.

As a Bengal, he has been our best corner for years. He shuts down all the best WR's we face.

I watched Leapin' Lemar Parrish but Adam is the best punt returner ive ever seen- electric

Dude is talented, passionate, winner, competitor and thank God a Bengal !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 10:16 PM)CincyKid Wrote: Picking up Adam will turn out to be the best free agent signing of all time for Mike Brown but he is not a Eagle Scout.

Adam has a bad past hangin with really bad crowds. Gunshots, strip clubs, drugs, booze, money and lawsuits-this never turns out good.

As a Bengal, he has been our best corner for years. He shuts down all the best WR's we face.

I watched Leapin' Lemar Parrish but Adam is the best punt returner ive ever seen- electric

Dude is talented, passionate, winner, competitor and thank God a Bengal !
I remember laughing and saying "Why the hell not?" When they signed him. They picked up Tank Johnson the year before. Chris Henry was with the team til he died. Those 3 right there were public enemy number 1 when Goodell took over. Then to top it off they brought in T.O. I wouldn't want to hang out with the guy, and his impulsiveness bit us in the ass in January, but I still root for the guy every Sunday.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Great player. Love his passion. Team needs his leadership back there.

The Steelers used his emotion against him and others last year. Needs to realize it and clean it up.

Best way to stick it in their eye ball is to just win baby.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 08:53 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I have to give Jones a lot of credit.
Falling out of favor, then working your way back from being on Pros vs Joes is an amazing accomplishment.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Man that show was awful.

Remember he also took on pro wrestling for a while.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 10:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Still cost Bengals their long awaited playoff victory.

There were other variables that happened in real time.

He just took the bait, swallowed hook and run with it without thinking.

Meh, he was a factor, no doubt.  However, if Hill doesn't fumble, it's game over.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 12:07 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Man that show was awful.

I think he did anything and everything to make money.  I have been vocal about my thoughts on him, and don't mean this to be an excuse for everything, but it did give me some perspective.  I saw an interview where he said that he had never had a bank account when he was drafted by the Titans.  In fact, no one in his family had ever had a checking account, and he wasn't even sure what to do with a check.  He never knew anyone that had a credit card, yet he was handed one and told he could buy anything he wanted on it.

I would like to think that I would have handled the situation better, and am certain that I would have learned my lessons quicker than he did, but it had to be a big adjustment for him.  You just hate that the whole strip club incident had to happen... except for that, I believe it was a lot of him hurting himself by being stupid.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 12:49 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think he did anything and everything to make money.  I have been vocal about my thoughts on him, and don't mean this to be an excuse for everything, but it did give me some perspective.  I saw an interview where he said that he had never had a bank account when he was drafted by the Titans.  In fact, no one in his family had ever had a checking account, and he wasn't even sure what to do with a check.  He never knew anyone that had a credit card, yet he was handed one and told he could buy anything he wanted on it.

I would like to think that I would have handled the situation better, and am certain that I would have learned my lessons quicker than he did, but it had to be a big adjustment for him.  You just hate that the whole strip club incident had to happen... except for that, I believe it was a lot of him hurting himself by being stupid.

That's pretty astounding that a grown man had gotten that far without ever having a bank account to his name. I guess it shows how easily you skate through school when you're athletically gifted. I'm interested in knowing whether or not anyone reached out to him or he just wasn't listening to advice he was given. I think at times people can underestimate the circumstances some of these people grow up in. I saw a show about a year ago and it was about inner city kids ages 16-20 and they were showing these kids how to grow food because the lack of fresh food in the cities and one kid not only didn't know that a carrot grew out of the ground but he never even tasted one. That's crazy to me and blew my mind that they never knew that.

Jones is an example of how you can't throw somebody in a college and expect them to take advantage of that opportunity if they don't even understand why it's a great opportunity to begin with. It was only after he was humbled and began listening to people who knew more that he was open to learning anything it seems.
Reply/Quote
Jesus I don't think I even have 4.2% body fat on my forehead.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 12:07 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Man that show was awful.

Yep.
TNA, I think.
I still admire that he tried to keep himself busy.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote