Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Paid Protesters Protest not getting Paid
(05-21-2015, 03:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm really not trying to be difficult, but the organization having a page that says how they compensate travel doesn't mean they also didn't pay people or in this case promise to pay them.  If I show you a page where they accept donations, I can't say, 'See they don't pay people, they are asking people to pay them."

This is why I replied that the link did nothing to refute the claims made in the OP. The OP references $50,000 already paid out and another $57,000 on the way. I am not sure what a "Travel Grant" site set up at a $20,000 cap does to refute this claim.

Sorta like saying "Here's proof your company paid for your plane ticket, so this means they didn't agree to pay you to perform your duties once you arrived at your destination."
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Open society, Soros, SEIU, have Been paying all of thes protests.

Been a long history of this happening.
I'd just like to see some evidence beyond claims from right wing media sources. I tried drilling down with the links and it was just one of those after another and I never found any unbiased source in the mix. From what I can tell, MORE handled, or is handling, a fund that has been receiving donations intended to help support the protestors in the Ferguson situation. However, that money has not been going towards the protestors and they think that is wrong.

The group may be slimy for a number of reasons, but I don't see the evidence of these being paid protestors bused in just to stir things up.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-21-2015, 05:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'd just like to see some evidence beyond claims from right wing media sources. I tried drilling down with the links and it was just one of those after another and I never found any unbiased source in the mix. From what I can tell, MORE handled, or is handling, a fund that has been receiving donations intended to help support the protestors in the Ferguson situation. However, that money has not been going towards the protestors and they think that is wrong.

The group may be slimy for a number of reasons, but I don't see the evidence of these being paid protestors bused in just to stir things up.

There are pics of docs in this article plus the ad looking for protestors. I hate using info wars but they have it all in one place

http://www.infowars.com/leaked-list-shows-ferguson-protesters-paid-by-soros-front-group/
(05-21-2015, 05:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There are pics of docs in this article plus the ad looking for protestors.   I hate using info wars but they have it all in one place

http://www.infowars.com/leaked-list-shows-ferguson-protesters-paid-by-soros-front-group/

I'm glad to see the truth of this matter coming to light. Didn't anyone else find it strange that the bulk of the people being arresting during the looting and violence in Ferguson, were not from the area? Judging by the tweets in the comments section, of the article in the OP, those people definitely must have been under the impression that they were going to get paid to go cause pandemonium in Ferguson.

People can dismiss this as just "Right Wing Propaganda", but hey, someone has to have the guts and decency to bring this things to light. You sure as heck can't count on the mainstream media to tell you about it.

Speaking of "Right Wing" new sources.. Does anyone even realize that the news isn't even supposed to be biased? It's just the news, a telling of events. When ratings came into play, every news source at that time went straight for the human interest stories. Why? Because a good tear jerker draws a crowd in a hurry. What happened? Political minds noticed that those type of stories were a great way to divert a populations attention away from what politicians were up to. Kudos to Rupert Murdoch for creating Fox News to combat the Liberal Propaganda Machine. And, if you check the ratings, Fox is America's most trusted news source. Now, I hardly watch Fox news anymore, I just like that they are there to keep the mainstream on their toes.

If you ask me, the BEST source to find any unbiased news without slant to either side? Matt Drudge.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-21-2015, 05:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There are pics of docs in this article plus the ad looking for protestors.   I hate using info wars but they have it all in one place

The ad is the same as we have been discussing about the travel money. The documents are mostly for reimbursements and travel expenses for organizers. Maybe I am misunderstanding the claims, but this doesn't show evidence of them sending buses of paid protestors to Ferguson with salaries. What I see is no different than what occurs in any other activist group on any side of the aisle when it comes to expenses.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-21-2015, 06:35 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The ad is the same as we have been discussing about the travel money. The documents are mostly for reimbursements and travel expenses for organizers. Maybe I am misunderstanding the claims, but this doesn't show evidence of them sending buses of paid protestors to Ferguson with salaries. What I see is no different than what occurs in any other activist group on any side of the aisle when it comes to expenses.

Matt, If you decide to look at the stories in these links, scroll down and look at the comments. It is very apparent that many of these folks though they were going to get paid to protest. Now, how in the world would they get that idea?

http://overpassesforamerica.com/?p=9598

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/05/326169-protests-ferguson-last-year-didnt-pay-off-people/?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=morning_newsletter
http://news.investors.com/blogs-capital-hill/052015-753642-ferguson-protesters-complain-about-not-getting-paid.htm

If you ask me, it's bad enough to cry about a guy that got shot for trying to take an officer's gun. And even worse to cry about not getting paid for crying about it..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-21-2015, 06:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Matt, If you decide to look at the stories in these links, scroll down and look at the comments.  It is very apparent that many of these folks though they were going to get paid to protest.  Now, how in the world would they get that idea?  

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/05/326169-protests-ferguson-last-year-didnt-pay-off-people/?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=morning_newsletter
http://news.investors.com/blogs-capital-hill/052015-753642-ferguson-protesters-complain-about-not-getting-paid.htm

If you ask me, it's bad enough to cry about a guy that got shot for trying to take an officer's gun.  And even worse to cry about not getting paid for crying about it..

It is of no use. As I have said folks see what they want to see and close their eyes to the things they do not. Even though the very homepage of Millennial Activists United contains a letter that questions the way the funds were distributed to fund the protest:

http://millennialau.tumblr.com/

There will be those that suggest this is not enough evidence to prove that individuals were compensated/ promised compensation to protest. Apparently many just received "grants".

(05-21-2015, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is of no use. As I have said folks see what they want to see and close their eyes to the things they do not. Even though the very homepage of Millennial Activists United contains a letter that questions the way the funds were distributed to fund the protest:

There will be those that suggest this is not enough evidence to prove that individuals were compensated/ promised compensation to protest. Apparently many just received "grants".

Yes, the entire idea that anyone was "recruited" to cause a massive chaotic disturbance, with the thought that they would be paid, by a group that has public funding, it just so outrageous. Why do many not seem to care?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-21-2015, 06:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Matt, If you decide to look at the stories in these links, scroll down and look at the comments.  It is very apparent that many of these folks though they were going to get paid to protest.  Now, how in the world would they get that idea?  

If you ask me, it's bad enough to cry about a guy that got shot for trying to take an officer's gun.  And even worse to cry about not getting paid for crying about it..

The articles provided nothing new and the comments were primarily people deriding the protesters. I'm not sure what I was supposed to be seeing. Admittedly, I didn't go through all of the comments because, well, comments.

(05-21-2015, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is of no use. As I have said folks see what they want to see and close their eyes to the things they do not. Even though the very homepage of Millennial Activists United contains a letter that questions the way the funds were distributed to fund the protest:

Because it is not. We've seen that from the beginning, it's not new. You're saying about only seeing what you want to is very ironic because you keep making assumptions not supported by the documents.

I get that there is a lot of shady stuff going on here, but the claim that these folks were promised compensation for protesting has not had any support to it from a hard source. Just claims. Paying for travel expenses, bailing people out, etc., that isn't compensation. As I said, this is nothing different than any other activist organization from either side of the aisle.

(05-21-2015, 08:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Because it is not. We've seen that from the beginning, it's not new. You're saying about only seeing what you want to is very ironic because you keep making assumptions not supported by the documents.

I get that there is a lot of shady stuff going on here, but the claim that these folks were promised compensation for protesting has not had any support to it from a hard source. Just claims. Paying for travel expenses, bailing people out, etc., that isn't compensation. As I said, this is nothing different than any other activist organization from either side of the aisle.

There's an open letter on their (Millennial Activists United) very homepage that talks about unequal compensation. What other documents are required for "support"? A personal check with "to riot" written in the purpose line?

I am going to ask you a question. Do you think there were those that were compensated to protest?

I'll listen to Alex Jones from time to time and/or watch his videos while exploring the rabbit hole ....trust me, I've explored plenty. Sometimes the guy has something of value, but only sometimes. I would never cite 'PrisonPlanet'/'infowars' as a reliable source.

Why does it matter that protestors may be paid?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(05-21-2015, 09:01 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I'll listen to Alex Jones from time to time and/or watch his videos while exploring the rabbit hole ....trust me, I've explored plenty. Sometimes the guy has something of value, but only sometimes. I would never cite 'PrisonPlanet'/'infowars' as a reliable source.

Agreed he has his moments. He is ahead on plenty... But most don't give him a chance. You have to have an open mind when reading info wars. Most do not and they are reactionary.

As far as paid protestors .... It's the BS storyline put out by the media and governemnt that this is a grassroots outrage at these matters
(05-21-2015, 08:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's an open letter on their (Millennial Activists United) very homepage that talks about unequal compensation. What other documents are required for "support"? A personal check with "to riot" written in the purpose line?

On the link you posted? I see one letter, and it does not mention compensation.

(05-21-2015, 08:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am going to ask you a question. Do you think there were those that were compensated to protest?

I don't know.

And almost 40 replies in someone still thinks Soros is behind it...some still thinks this is hard proof of paid and organized protesters...and someone still thinks others can't see it because they only see what they want. Rolleyes

*IF* someone paid of buses of people to go and protest...fine. Those were more than likely not the looters. Unless they took all the stolen goods back to the bus. Maybe that's why they need all that traveling expense money! LOL!

So "$5000 and all the looting you can do" probably isn't their compensation...as someone suggested in the first post. Smirk

However nothing points to that except bias and refusal to accept they might be wrong.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-21-2015, 09:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: On the link you posted? I see one letter, and it does not mention compensation..

The entire letter is about compensation. You do know that compensation means being awarded for a loss?

(05-21-2015, 09:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know.

I didn't ask you if you knew. I don't "know". Now ask if I think there were those compensated and I will give you my honest thoughts.

(05-21-2015, 09:01 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I'll listen to Alex Jones from time to time and/or watch his videos while exploring the rabbit hole ....trust me, I've explored plenty. Sometimes the guy has something of value, but only sometimes. I would never cite 'PrisonPlanet'/'infowars' as a reliable source.

It matters plenty that protesters may have been paid. It means the entire thing was a hoax, created in order to dupe the American population into thinking that a tragedy had occurred. When the reality of the situation was a dude robbed a store, beat an officer, and tried to take the officer's gun from him. They tried to pull the wool over the entire Nation's eyes, claiming "another injustice" had occurred. When, in all actuality, only what should have happened, happened.

Did you know that White folks killed by the police each year outnumber Black folks by 2 to 1?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-21-2015, 09:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: And almost 40 replies in someone still thinks Soros is behind it...some still thinks this is hard proof of paid and organized protesters...and someone still thinks others can't see it because they only see what they want.  Rolleyes

*IF* someone paid of buses of people to go and protest...fine.  Those were more than likely not the looters.  Unless they took all the stolen goods back to the bus.  Maybe that's why they need all that traveling expense money!  LOL!

So "$5000 and all the looting you can do" probably isn't their compensation...as someone suggested in the first post.   Smirk

However nothing points to that except bias and refusal to accept they might be wrong.

Well there was this one guy that posted a link where the fact that they were given "travel grants" was definitive proof that they were not compensated to protest.

That was probably the most non-biased post I've seen in this whole thread.

(05-21-2015, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The entire letter is about compensation. You do know that compensation means being awarded for a loss?

I do not typically think of it that way, but you are correct. I see nothing wrong with them seeking that compensation. That is, after all, what it appears the donors to the fund were intending its use to be. However, that sort of compensation is not what the claims are about. The claims are about these folks essentially receiving a paycheck for protesting.

(05-21-2015, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't ask you if you knew. I don't "know". Now ask if I think there were those compensated and I will give you my honest thoughts.

When looking at compensation in regards to recompenses for losses, absolutely. In regards to the claims of payments that are being made by some of these sources, I see no evidence of it.

And I am not going to bother asking because really it doesn't matter to me.

(05-21-2015, 09:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It matters plenty that protesters may have been paid.  It means the entire thing was a hoax, created in order to dupe the American population into thinking that a tragedy had occurred.  When the reality of the situation was a dude robbed a store, beat an officer, and tried to take the officer's gun from him.  They tried to pull the wool over the entire Nation's eyes, claiming "another injustice" had occurred.  When, in all actuality, only what should have happened, happened.

You do realize the Ferguson protests began the night Michael Brown was shot. What do paid protestors do while there's no protesting.... collect unemployment?

I think I'll hand in my two weeks notice in order to become a 'paid protestor'. A check with George Soros' name on it has to be good right? Meh... with my luck the group I'd join would end up being outbid by another group and I'm sure unemployment benifits would suck and of course the union contract would stipulate that I couldn't join another more active group presently working and receiving monies.

At best the protests were co opted. At best. They were not a hoax. Remember, I'm a conspiracy theorist. I don't see it here. Tell me the purpose of duping the American people. Do you believe the PTB are trying to set the stage for civil war? Honest question.

Quote:Did you know that White folks killed by the police each year outnumber Black folks by 2 to 1?

Why is this relevant? Nonetheless I'd suspect it has something to do with whites outnumbering blacks 5/1.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/?page=all

Despite what O'really would have you believe, blacks are more likely to be killed by police than whites.

Quote:“The odds that any given black man will shoot and kill a police officer in any given year is slim to none, about one in a million. The odds for any given white man? One in four million,” he said. “The odds that a black man will be shot and killed by a police officer is about 1 in 60,000. For a white man those odds are 1 in 200,000.”
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-