Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Palmer/Chad vs AD/AJ
I would have loved to see Dalton and Chad honestly. I wish we were able to switch receivers in those era's. I think Green would have been better suited for Palmer, and Chad for Dalton. Both were great receivers and could work for any QB, but their specialties synergies better with the other QB IMO. Palmers cannon arm for AJs speed and Daltons accuracy and anticipation for Chads shiftiness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Was anyone else surprised that Housh wasn't in the show at all like TO and Palmer? I always thought Chad and Housh were pretty tight.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 02:13 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Was anyone else surprised that Housh wasn't in the show at all like TO and Palmer? I always thought Chad and Housh were pretty tight.

Thought the same thing when I was watching.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I would rather have AD and AJ because there more no nonsense type guys and we have won more in this era then in the previous era.
 If I had to break it down I would say Carson was by far the more talented of the two between him and Dalton. However Dalton is the better leader between the two and his personality fits the city more. Carson was great here but I soured on him after he left because of how it went down.
Aj is hands down better than Chad though. To me AJ is a similar style player to Randy Moss while Chad is more of a marvin Harrison type of receiver.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 10:24 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We forgot to cut the head off of a live rooster for the football Gods that year, so our starting QBs got hurt the years we would have won it all.

.....Boomer also had a bum shoulder in '88 going into the big game....Stanley Wilson coked out.....Krumrie's leg.... Twitch

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 01:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....Boomer also had a bum shoulder in '88 going into the big game....Stanley Wilson coked out.....Krumrie's leg.... Twitch

It's almost like the franchise is cursed Sick  Perhaps a some sort of sacrifice is in order...
Reply/Quote
Yes, 1000 terrible towels must be burned, 24 Hudey's have to be downed, and 500 cheese coneys must be consumed. These all have to happen at the same time, before a home game, 30 minutes before kickoff, the game must be against a division opponent.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 01:14 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Palmer left whining while Dalton has been a team player. So I'll take Dalton over Palmer. Who needs the headaches?

Chad was great! AJ is great! Both great is their own way but both scare defenses.

In all fairness, Palmer was whining about the crap medical staff, Bratkowski, and a certain lack of accountability with some super-tenured coaches.  5 years later we are the ones still whining about those things, though.  So it goes.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 05:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, Palmer was whining about the crap medical staff, Bratkowski, and a certain lack of accountability with some super-tenured coaches.  5 years later we are the ones still whining about those things, though.  So it goes.

Agreed. I was ready to move on from Palmer after 2010, but I've never hated him for demanding a trade. Seems most of our great players over the last 25 years have done that. Boomer, Pick, Dillon, Takeo, Chad, Palmer, etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 05:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. I was ready to move on from Palmer after 2010, but I've never hated him for demanding a trade. Seems most of our great players over the last 25 years have done that. Boomer, Pick, Dillon, Takeo, Chad, Palmer, etc.

I'll also say that I find it very logical to assume Andy and AJ leave the Bengals in a more pleasant and friendly way than Carson and Chad did, but until they walk out the door with giant smiles on their faces it's just an assumption.  Then again, I don't think Andy and AJ are facing the same brick walls as the "trade demanders" who came before.

Bringing up the attitude and exits of the eras does add a lot of grey area to the discussion.  I do have to say it is somewhat telling that the only guys we can really claim "like being Bengals" are the ones who are still on the team right now.  Then again, I DO have to point out that it is pretty clear my current gf likes me a lot more than my ex gf did...you know, the one who broke up with me?  hmm...
Reply/Quote
Yeah I thought the same thing initially, but like you said, we won't know for sure until the time comes. Andy and AJ both seem extremely loyal, but if they go another 5 years without playoff wins, I'm sure that could wear on them.

I know one thing, if they asked out after 10 years of loyal service, I wouldn't forget the good they'd accomplished. Playoff success is just hard to come by with this franchise.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 01:00 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Could you honestly say that 2005 and 2015 weren't the best years the team had under either QB? Both of those years our team was much better than any other year under those QBs. In 2015 both the defense and the offense were playing lights out. In 2005 the offense was playing really well, and the defense caused a lot of turnovers.

2013 the Bengals were 8-0 and averaging over 30ppg at home. They beat Roethlisberger, Flacco, Rodgers and Brady at Home. They had just beaten Rivers in SD 5 weeks earlier. Dalton had thrown for over 4,000 yards and 33 tds.

What happened there?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 06:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 2013 the Bengals were 8-0 and averaging over 30ppg at home. They beat Roethlisberger, Flacco, Rodgers and Brady at Home. They had just beaten Rivers in SD 5 weeks earlier. Dalton had thrown for over 4,000 yards and 33 tds.

What happened there?

Offensive line injured, mistakes from multiple offensive players, the secondary was in shambles due to injuries, no Atkins and bad playcalling on offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 05:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, Palmer was whining about the crap medical staff, Bratkowski, and a certain lack of accountability with some super-tenured coaches.  5 years later we are the ones still whining about those things, though.  So it goes.

LOL You do have a point there.

Reply/Quote

actually it seemed the worse Palmer played the more he whined.. we should have given him some cheese with that whine   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 07:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: actually it seemed the worse Palmer played the more he whined.. we should have given him some cheese with that whine   Hilarious

I'm pretty sure our medical staff, owner, and possibly our OC were crap even when Palmer was still good.  But we can pretend he just started to stink and started blaming his troubles on our spotless franchise, if you wish.  As previously stated, if AJ and Dalton are still without a playoff win after a few more seasons and they don't start to get bugged with the status quo, I'd be amazed.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 09:54 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: The Chad/TJ/Palmer offense was and still is my favorite era of Bengal football. I'm still a little bummed we never got to see Palmer throw to AJ but hey, things change.

AD>Palmer IMHO, and the one thing that Palmer had that AD doesn't is Chris Henry.  When they lost him, the offense was never the same.  

I have said it a number of times:

Boyd=TJ

AJ= Chad

??? = Chris Henry?  I have high hopes for the big-bodied Core.

This team also has a very solid group of TEs that Palmer never had.  The offensive lines aren't even close, though.  Palmer would be pushing up daisies in this offense.  
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 10:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have said it a number of times:

Boyd=TJ

Whoa now...I remember people comparing Sanu to Housh and that comparison looks silly in hindsight. Housh was probably one of the top 5 Bengals WRs ever, and I think it'll be a long time before we have a #2 as productive as he was.

I see Boyd more as a MLJ clone. Dude has amazing hands, deceptive speed and a similar build. He's playing more slot now, but I look for him to take over that outside role from LaFell in '17. He's looked good outside in limited snaps so far, and even flashed some deep ability.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 11:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Whoa now...I remember people comparing Sanu to Housh and that comparison looks silly in hindsight. Housh was probably one of the top 5 Bengals WRs ever, and I think it'll be a long time before we have a #2 as productive as he was.

I see Boyd more as a MLJ clone. Dude has amazing hands, deceptive speed and a similar build. He's playing more slot now, but I look for him to take over that outside role from LaFell in '17. He's looked good outside in limited snaps so far, and even flashed some deep ability.

I think Boyd is more like Housh than Jones personally, but he still has a lot to prove to have the skill level of Housh. Boyd still has a long way to go IMO to actually be compaired to either of those guys.
Reply/Quote
Chad and Andy have more heart.

Carson and AJ have more skill.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote