Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer + Gresham = Paybacks?
I really hope that this team doesn't look past the Texans. Hoyer made us look ridiculous in last year's Thursday night game and JJ Watt usually has his way with our offensive line. With that being said there isn't really a whole lot that is scary about the Texans offense.

What does scare me is the remaining schedule. Three divisional games that are usually tough. By the time we play the Browns and Ravens those games should be meaningless when it comes to the division but I'm worried about our players coming out healthy.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 10:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gresham has posted a 13-158-1 statline through 9 games. It's a shame that Gresh keeps landing with teams that don't know how to properly utilize his immense talent.

Maybe we could trade Eifert to them for Gresh straight up  Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not to sound like a Gresham lover, but while he's crap compared to Eifert I still think he's better than Kroft, so I'm still not over the moon we let him go. Who cares, we're 8-0 and should beat the Cardinals. They won in Seattle, that's their Super Bowl. Then again, the only starting QB the Seahawks beat this year was the 2-7 Stafford and that was thanks to a blown call. Anywho, I think this "drama" really only applies to fans. I can't imagine the players get too worked up about this stuff. I've changed jobs before and I suppose I got a laugh when my old co-workers complained about the old office and/or something pleasant happened at the new one, but that's about the extent of it.

I will admit that Seahawks fans have become as bad as Steelers and Cowboys fans, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 02:54 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: I really hope that this team doesn't look past the Texans.  Hoyer made us look ridiculous in last year's Thursday night game and JJ Watt usually has his way with our offensive line.  With that being said there isn't really a whole lot that is scary about the Texans offense.  

What does scare me is the remaining schedule.  Three divisional games that are usually tough.  By the time we play the Browns and Ravens those games should be meaningless when it comes to the division but I'm worried about our players coming out healthy.

This team seems to have handled all their past demons thus far....I don't see them looking past the Texans.  They will be more sharp than against the Browns, which was a short week after a very physical pittsburgh game.  I hope they are able to stuff the running game of the Texans, who are coming off a bye and surely spent time trying to get theirs in sync, and create a few turnovers with their pass rush.  

Biggest hope is always to stay injury free, but I would also love to see Hill start to get on track.  Gio has been outstanding.  If we have two backs that average 5 ypc, it would be a very long day for the Texans.  
Reply/Quote
I think Gresham had the potential to be a really good TE. Like with most pass catching TEs, the Bengals wanted to make him a blocker. Had they used Gresham more split out wide and allowed him to be more of a pure receiver, I think a lot of people would have a different opinion.

That's not trying to defend Gresham, that is just simply my opinion. He made a lot of mistakes at inopportune moments. He always seemed to fumble when it hurt the most. I know when looking at his career that Gresham didn't really have a fumbling problem, he just fumbled in big moments.
Reply/Quote
They are a pretty good team the Cards. Carson has some zip on his balls not like i have seen from him in
years but he is also still prone to throwing bad interceptions. They will have to run the ball on us for them
to beat us. Ellington and CJ2K are a pretty good tandem, so they might.

But still i say we beat them in a high scoring affair. I doubt Gresh will be that big of a factor.

Like another poster said, they have our leftovers. Should be a fun game.

But first, lets beat the shit out of them Texans. :angry:
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They are a pretty good team the Cards. Carson has some zip on his balls not like i have seen from him in
years but he is also still prone to throwing bad interceptions. They will have to run the ball on us for them
to beat us. Ellington and CJ2K are a pretty good tandem, so they might.

But still i say we beat them in a high scoring affair. I doubt Gresh will be that big of a factor.

Like another poster said, they have our leftovers. Should be a fun game.

But first, lets beat the shit out of them Texans. :angry:

Gresham isn't their #1 TE, though.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 04:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Gresham isn't their #1 TE, though.

Who is?

I cannot remember from last night.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who is?

I cannot remember from last night.

I think it's mostly Darren Fells, but he and Gresham (and Troy Niklas, I guess) seem to be more of a committee since Gresham recovered from that surgery and Fells tweaked something (I think).  At any rate, I feel like people are still comparing Gresham to Eifert when Gresham is more of an effective support TE and one the Cardinals got for next to nothing, at that.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 04:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think it's mostly Darren Fells, but he and Gresham (and Troy Niklas, I guess) seem to be more of a committee since Gresham recovered from that surgery and Fells tweaked something (I think).  At any rate, I feel like people are still comparing Gresham to Eifert when Gresham is more of an effective support TE and one the Cardinals got for next to nothing, at that.

Oh yeah, Fells. I agree, thats tough on Gresham comparing him to Eifert. They are different type of TE's
even if they were both 1st round picks. Gresham was not bad while he was here, he just wasn't great and
in my opinion did not live up to his pick status. I did think it was a mistake at the time to just let him go
and expect a rookie 3rd rounder in Kroft to replace him.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 11:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Let's see...one of them quit on their team, and the other didn't play because he was hurt (yet many folks that saw him in practice thought he could have played).  I am hopeful that the team still has a case of the red ass against Palmer and shuts him down.

It will be a real challenge, on the road after a short week, but if they win tonight and win at AZ, they are going to go 16-0.

I think you're right.  If we lose, AZ will be the first one.  Maybe the only one.  Of course, if NE is still unbeaten, our last game or two won't mean much, and we may be resting guys, resulting in another loss.....or two.  It's really hard to imagine falling to less than 13-3 or 12-4 at worst.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote