Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Palmer Says Burrow Is Better Than Mahomes!
It's all relative anyway. You can argue hardware except that you can also very validly point out the bad calls at the end of the AFCCG that directly caused the Chiefs to advance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's the thing though. Football is a team sport. If Burrow had the Chief's Oline for the last couple of years, and Mahomes had ours, a lot of those production numbers and success would be flipped. That's why I don't put too much in these conversations about which QB is the best when they are close. You have to look at the teams they play on.

I think we have some disagreements but overall, I don't think Mahomes is on a different level than Burrow so it starts splitting hairs. I will say, football is a team sport but when we discuss QBs, we are discussing the single most important player for team success in the vast majority of situations. That's normally why the conversations are so intertwined - QBs drive success most of the time. QB could arguably be the most important player in all of sports. 
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 09:26 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'll take Burrow...for $100 Alex.

If the question is who’s the 2nd best QB in the league you’d have the correct answer. Wink

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As long as Mahomes and Andy Reid are on the Chiefs, the Chiefs will always be a force to be reckoned with.
This could ultimately get into the whole Manning vs Brady debate back in the 2000's up to the point Manning retired.
At the time, Manning had the records but Brady had the rings because he always had the better overall team.

I think ultimately, Burrow and Mahomes are in that top tier, but the Chiefs have had the better team longer and a top-tier offensive mind running the show. The big test was to see if they could keep their level of play after Mahomes signed his big contract, and they found a way.

It's going to be Mahomes, Burrow, and probably Josh Allen for a long time.

At the start of his run, Brady might have had better defenses but Manning had some stacked teams and couldn't get over the hump to win the Super Bowl until, what, 8(?) seasons in and then he wasn't even the biggest part of his second one.

You could say that they weren't all his fault, like when Vanderjagt missed that game-winner to send the Steelers to the Super Bowl when he had been the most accurate kicker in NFL history, but you could also say that those games shouldn't have been that close. 
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 05:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If the question is who’s the 2nd best QB in the league you’d have the correct answer. Wink

I never liked you.  Lol
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 08:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: At the start of his run, Brady might have had better defenses but Manning had some stacked teams and couldn't get over the hump to win the Super Bowl until, what, 8(?) seasons in and then he wasn't even the biggest part of his second one.

You could say that they weren't all his fault, like when Vanderjagt missed that game-winner to send the Steelers to the Super Bowl when he had been the most accurate kicker in NFL history, but you could also say that those games shouldn't have been that close. 

Never gets old. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 12:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Never gets old. 

Did you hear that Vanderjagt tried to kill himself after that game?

He tried to hang himself but he couldn't kick the chair out from underneath himself, so he tried to shoot himself but he kept missing wide right.............

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 07:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Palmer would take Burrow over Mahomes because he's "more consistent."

I LOVE that Palmer's talking good about this franchise after we all hated him for so long!

I softened when it came out how he demanded change, was promised it, and then only left when Mike reneged.

He doesn't mention how Burrow has shown he's the best behind a bad line but you know it had to be in his mind.

Palmer's "adding fuel to the fire" and I LOVE IT! He knows that this will be the best rivalries in the league- Burrow vs Mahomes and us vs the Chiefs- for the next fifteen years or so!

That's basically saying he can do everything Pat can do, plus morse.

There's more in the article but a lot of it making sure they don't make it sound like we're better than the Chiefs and to kiss their asses:

I LOVE that Palmer's giving us props and I hope he cheers us on to a few Super Bowls!

Cannot disagree, I think this year many will see Burrow is the best in the league. Mahomes is great though and right now is #1.

This will change though with Burrow getting a better OL this year and a better LT that can stay healthy along with a better running game.

Better pass pro from the RB's will also help him get to the next level. Same with another talented weapon at TE in a loaded class.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cannot disagree, I think this year many will see Burrow is the best in the league. Mahomes is great though and right now is #1.

This will change though with Burrow getting a better OL this year and a better LT that can stay healthy along with a better running game.

Better pass pro from the RB's will also help him get to the next level. Same with another talented weapon at TE in a loaded class.

I think the fact that he's even been in the conversation despite having horrible lines makes it pretty obvious that Burrow will soon be known as the best in the league.

At times, our running game wasn't bad and Burrow acknowledged how much better that made us because I remember posting the video of Burrow telling Mixon that no one can beat us if we run the ball as effective as we were running it one game, so I agree that people are underestimating just how good Burrow will be with a solid run game, a back to pass protect, and then the line to give him time to throw. 

A tight end from this class should also make Burrow the best in the league because a big target that can be anywhere on the field just gives Burrow so many more options. 
Reply/Quote
Two different types of Quarterbacks. Alot of former QB's love Joe Burrow because he does the small things for a QB at an very high level. Mahomes is a scrabbler that makes incredible throws from wild arm angles. Mahomes takes less sacks but Burrow is a more aggressive passer fitting balls into very tight windows.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 08:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think the fact that he's even been in the conversation despite having horrible lines makes it pretty obvious that Burrow will soon be known as the best in the league.

At times, our running game wasn't bad and Burrow acknowledged how much better that made us because I remember posting the video of Burrow telling Mixon that no one can beat us if we run the ball as effective as we were running it one game, so I agree that people are underestimating just how good Burrow will be with a solid run game, a back to pass protect, and then the line to give him time to throw. 

A tight end from this class should also make Burrow the best in the league because a big target that can be anywhere on the field just gives Burrow so many more options. 

Cannot imagine how good Joe will be with the OL improved, some new talent at RB that are good in pass pro and a TE that can 
block and catch with talent. A good run game just takes the pressure off of the QB and we all know Joe loves the pressure, but it 
helps to not have ALL OF IT on the QB.

(04-11-2023, 09:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Two different types of Quarterbacks. Alot of former QB's love Joe Burrow because he does the small things for a QB at an very high level. Mahomes is a scrabbler that makes incredible throws from wild arm angles. Mahomes takes less sacks but Burrow is a more aggressive passer fitting balls into very tight windows.

A scrabbler, first I heard that one lol

But yeah, Mahomes wild arm angle throws are really cool to watch and special beyond belief.

Some of those balls Burrow throws into tight windows are insane as well. They are the 2 best QB's in the league no question.

I like Josh Allen too, but his accuracy is still not on par with these guys yet as we saw in the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 10:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cannot imagine how good Joe will be with the OL improved, some new talent at RB that are good in pass pro and a TE that can 
block and catch with talent. A good run game just takes the pressure off of the QB and we all know Joe loves the pressure, but it 
helps to not have ALL OF IT on the QB.

This is related to the good OL but just imagine how good he'll be when he has time to let the receivers finish their routes, read the defense, go through progressions, and step into throws! 

I think we're going to see him be able to just dissect defenses and make defensive coordinators' lives hell.

It will be impossible for defenses to stop Burrow when he has time, especially since he'll be on the same page with his receivers and will know what they're going to do in routes.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cannot disagree, I think this year many will see Burrow is the best in the league. Mahomes is great though and right now is #1.

The OL is the elephant in the room. Also, Mahomes SB wins.

It will be interesting to see how an improved oline fares. I've read that sacks are a QB stat. Meaning playing style factors into it.

We shall see.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 10:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This is related to the good OL but just imagine how good he'll be when he has time to let the receivers finish their routes, read the defense, go through progressions, and step into throws! 

I think we're going to see him be able to just dissect defenses and make defensive coordinators' lives hell.

It will be impossible for defenses to stop Burrow when he has time, especially since he'll be on the same page with his receivers and will know what they're going to do in routes.

That's the hope.

I still think he's going to get sacked a decent amount no matter what line is in front of him. It's just his style. But, hopefully the quick pressure is gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 12:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The OL is the elephant in the room. Also, Mahomes SB wins.

It will be interesting to see how an improved oline fares. I've read that sacks are a QB stat. Meaning playing style factors into it.

We shall see.

True, interested as well in seeing how good Burrow and this Offense can be, haven't been close to what we can be yet.

(04-12-2023, 12:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the hope.

I still think he's going to get sacked a decent amount no matter what line is in front of him. It's just his style. But, hopefully the quick pressure is gone.

Oh yeah, Burrow will take more sacks than about any QB the way he plays no matter how good the OL is. He has that killer mentality 
of waiting and trying to make the big play that baffles the opponent. This hasn't been shaken out of him thankfully, tough dude.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 12:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the hope.

(04-12-2023, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, interested as well in seeing how good Burrow and this Offense can be, haven't been close to what we can be yet.

Oh yeah, Burrow will take more sacks than about any QB the way he plays no matter how good the OL is. He has that killer mentality 
of waiting and trying to make the big play that baffles the opponent. This hasn't been shaken out of him thankfully, tough dude.

Agree with both of you but my hope is that, with receivers like Chase, Tee, and whatever tight end we select, Burrow won't need to hold on to the ball too long to wait for them to get open. I know that some routes take longer than others and he'll always need time regardless, but being on the same page with his targets and knowing how and when they'll break means that he can throw the ball to a spot, rather than the receiver, and trust that his guys will be there.
Reply/Quote