Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer an "idiot"
During training camp for the Bengals. Paints an interesting picture of how camp was and his "leadership".

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/173461/carson-palmer-says-he-was-an-idiot-for-training-camp-sidelights-in-cincinnati
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 10:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: During training camp for the Bengals. Paints an interesting picture of how camp was and his "leadership".

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/173461/carson-palmer-says-he-was-an-idiot-for-training-camp-sidelights-in-cincinnati

I like Palmer has a player but he was a diva while he was here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
?????

Just seems to me he was overly competitive and too active, i.e young......not sure how this makes him a poor leader.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 08:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: ?????

Just seems to me he was overly competitive and too active, i.e young......not sure how this makes him a poor leader.

I found it interesting they were doing all this during their small breaks between practices. I doubt Luck, Manning, Brady etc do/did. I guess it's cool if Chad, TJ etc were doing it, but your qb? Now he feels all the more better and is a great presence and leader for the Cards during camp. It would have been nice if we had a qb that took camp a little more seriously, but he admittedly didn't, and that couldn't have been helpful to us.  He called himself an "idiot" so I think he knows. Too late for us, but good for the Cards.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

This is the same thing that I read.  I'm not saying that he was a good leader, but I don't see how this is any evidence of it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 09:42 AM)jj22 Wrote: I found it interesting they were doing all this during their small breaks between practices. I doubt Luck, Manning, Brady etc do/did. I guess it's cool if Chad, TJ etc were doing it, but your qb? Now he feels all the more better and is a great presence and leader for the Cards during camp. It would have been nice if we had a qb that took camp a little more seriously, but he admittedly didn't, and that couldn't have been helpful to us.  He called himself an "idiot" so I think he knows. Too late for us, but good for the Cards.

Yeah, it's definitely interesting.  That said, we're not 100% sure that those guys weren't doing the same things when they were immature and idiots.  I just chalk it up to Palmer being older and wiser.

Another thing ya gotta look at is the coaches those two guys you mention came up under.  Mora and Belichik are pretty much no nonsense kinda guys.  Any tendencies to do something like that would have probably been snuffed out rather quickly, whereas Marv is well known as a player's kinda coach......and then you have Zampese.....I don't even want to get into that. Smirk

Seems like they were (hopefully not still) letting the inmates run the asylum.....no?  More of an indictment of the coaching than anything.....in my eyes anyway.  It was an interesting insight, thanks for the link. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 10:58 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This is the same thing that I read.  I'm not saying that he was a good leader, but I don't see how this is any evidence of it.

Right.

Reply/Quote
I don't view this as a bad thing like some of you are trying to imply. IF CP didn't understand our Offense, then it could be a knock on him, but that's not the case, so down time is his to use as he saw fit.

It's not like he's Manziel and did dumb things (partying, etc) when he still doesn't understand the offense.
Reply/Quote
I'd be the last one to come across as a Palmer apologist... but even I think saying these statements would be considered a lack of leadership is ridiculous.

Palmer's body language on the field seemed stoic and uncaring.

Whether that actually was the case is anyone's guess.

Palmer is merely stating what we all know as adults.

Youth is wasted on the young.

You don't realize what is wasted in the moment.

"Woulda coulda shoulda" at it's epitome.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
My god, playing golf and throwing footballs at garbage cans? Can you say DIVA!!!! No wonder this franchise hasn't won a playoff game in a quarter of a century!!!!!
Reply/Quote

Agreed! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 09:42 AM)jj22 Wrote: I found it interesting they were doing all this during their small breaks between practices. I doubt Luck, Manning, Brady etc do/did. I guess it's cool if Chad, TJ etc were doing it, but your qb? Now he feels all the more better and is a great presence and leader for the Cards during camp. It would have been nice if we had a qb that took camp a little more seriously, but he admittedly didn't, and that couldn't have been helpful to us.  He called himself an "idiot" so I think he knows. Too late for us, but good for the Cards.

(08-06-2015, 10:58 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This is the same thing that I read.  I'm not saying that he was a good leader, but I don't see how this is any evidence of it.

Essentially I agree.  It has nothing to do with leadership.  Going out and being "one of the boys" is one kind of leadership.  Another is for the QB to be the first in the building and last to leave and spending time on film and health instead of "play", which is what Palmer is doing now because he's matured and his body can't take that kind of play any more.
Reply/Quote
I mean it's not like Dalton is the pinnacle of leadership himself :snark:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 10:56 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I mean it's not like Dalton is the pinnacle of leadership himself  :snark:

People declaring QBs to be leaders or not leaders is the most self-serving, deductive, biased thing fans do...and that's really saying something!  
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 10:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: During training camp for the Bengals. Paints an interesting picture of how camp was and his "leadership".

Really? Talk about feeling like your girlfriend dumped you for the "other" guy. he was in his 20's having fun. On top of that he was building his relationship with other players if they were doing that in between practice instead of going off on his own. 

The Palmer haters sound like rejected ex boyfriends to me...
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 06:00 PM)GodFather Wrote: Really? Talk about feeling like your girlfriend dumped you for the "other" guy. he was in his 20's having fun. On top of that he was building his relationship with other players if they were doing that in between practice instead of going off on his own. 

The Palmer haters sound like rejected ex boyfriends to me...

What?  You don't buy into the idea that we spent 8 years rooting for a guy who apparently was a terrible person the whole time because he had side competitions with fellow players?  Geezzzz what's he gotta do before you realize he is and always was a monster...blow up a bus full of nuns?! Ninja Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote