Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer retiring?
https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/31/report-carson-palmer-has-pulled-kids-out-of-school-and-moved-out-of-arizona/amp/

Sounds like he might be calling it a career. Just heard Mike and Mike speculate that Arizona would be a good option for Tony Romo if that's the case.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Lol at everyone finding out he's retiring by his actions. "I'm leaving."
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Gotta be some unhappy corner backs and safeties league wide ,who were looking forward to intercepting him in games.
Reply/Quote
He's been in the league for what?  14 years?  Hard to believe its been that long.  Best of luck to him. 

Will the Cards be looking hard at Romo now?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 12:28 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Gotta be some unhappy corner backs and safeties league wide ,who were looking forward to intercepting him in games.

The projected number of defensive touchdowns for the 2017 NFL season has just dropped dramatically. 
Reply/Quote
I looked at the AZ Cardinals board and someone made a thread about this but they seem to regard it as old news and locked it.

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?72199-Is-Palmer-Gone-!-Sources-say-Yes-!!!

Not sure what that means.
Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/31/report-carson-palmer-has-pulled-kids-out-of-school-and-moved-out-of-arizona/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

Quote:The Arizona Cardinals may have to begin preparations for life without Carson Palmer sooner than later.

According to Mike Jurecki of Fox Sports 910 in Phoenix, Palmer has pulled his kids out of school and has moved out of the state following the conclusion of the Cardinals’ season.

I'm sure there is a Civil War starting on some Arizona Cardinal Message Board. As the bfine of the Cardinal world has to smack around the fanboys.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Hey Cardinals, interested in AJ McCarron? Bengals be sellin'!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He denies it...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/carson-palmer-says-arizona-house-is-not-on-market-we-leave-every-offseason/ar-AAmvDKK?li=BBnbfcL
Reply/Quote
Can't say I blame him if he would. He's up there in age, has kids and got absolutely destroyed during the season.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 06:59 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Can't say I blame him if he would. He's up there in age, has kids and got absolutely destroyed during the season.

And if there's garbage in his yard, forget it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 06:59 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Can't say I blame him if he would. He's up there in age, has kids and got absolutely destroyed during the season.

That's why I don't see them replacing him with Romo.  Romo is just as old and has managed to survive for something like 4 games in the past 2 seasons behind an amazing o-line. 
Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer is going to retire? Meh, big deal.. Yawn

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.3uYv10A8XI-gNCWWzwEjcwESEs&pid...=300&h=300][Image: raw]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 05:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hey Cardinals, interested in AJ McCarron? Bengals be sellin'!

OMG I would fall out of my chair laughing if this happened. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 09:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/31/report-carson-palmer-has-pulled-kids-out-of-school-and-moved-out-of-arizona/amp/

Sounds like he might be calling it a career. Just heard Mike and Mike speculate that Arizona would be a good option for Tony Romo if that's the case.

Perhaps I don't have the right understanding of cap hits for when a player retires, but from what I've read, the guaranteed money still has to be paid to said player if he retires early.
In Palmer's case, he would have $13.25 million in dead money for 2017, $6.6 million in dead money for 2018. Tony Romo is set to be paid an average of $24 million a year for the next three years. If the Cardinals have to pay for Palmer's dead money, can they afford Romo's high salary too plus give up a draft pick (or picks)? I would think the Cardinals would rather have a cheaper option for QB and use any remaining cap dollars to help the team in other areas. Romo only makes sense (to me at least) if he's cut from the Cowboys and willing to sign with the Cardinals for cheaper than $20 million a year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote