Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...? Pro Bowl
Peerman was just added according to PFT.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/26/adam-jones-cedric-peerman-join-the-pro-bowl-fun/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 05:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Peerman was just added according to PFT.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/26/adam-jones-cedric-peerman-join-the-pro-bowl-fun/

Nice. I'm surprised other teams are even aware of him but he really is a great special teams player/captain. 

Reply/Quote
In the pro bowl, I would like to rather see specialty plays. Like testing QB accuracy. Moving targets. Testing FG kicker accuracy, moving targets. Testing Punters accuracy, moving targets. OK that doesn't sound very fun to watch but maybe better than the pro bowl as it stands.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 09:30 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: In the pro bowl, I would like to rather see specialty plays. Like testing QB accuracy. Moving targets. Testing FG kicker accuracy, moving targets. Testing Punters accuracy, moving targets. OK that doesn't sound very fun to watch but maybe better than the pro bowl as it stands.

Like the NHL has. Do a skills comeptition on Saturday and then play the game Sunday. And got back to AFC vs NFC.

In the '70s and '80s it meant something to the players. They didn't make a hundred times what their spectators did. That Pro Bowl money meant something at the end of the season, and a free vacation in Hawaii for the wife and kids was nothing to sniff at. And, people were chosen more on merit, not what breathing person was available after everyone else dropped out. People will still watch it, though.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Good for Adam and Peerman making the Probowl, they both deserve it and should of been much higher
on the pecking order. Two of the best at what they do and Adam is also a great returner so two of the
best ST'ers in the league.

I agree with the people that say they should go back to the way the Probowl used to be with the NFC
vs the AFC. It does need to be more meaningful so it has some entertainment value.

When the players are not trying it is not worth watching and you can see how this has translated.

The only ones that really care are Irvin and Rice.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 09:30 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: In the pro bowl, I would like to rather see specialty plays. Like testing QB accuracy. Moving targets. Testing FG kicker accuracy, moving targets. Testing Punters accuracy, moving targets.  OK that doesn't sound very fun to watch but maybe better than the pro bowl as it stands.

Yeah, but you are on to something... How about events like Richard Sherman on Antonio Brown (for instance) one on one with a QB throwing?  Oklahoma drill with All Pros?  The game is unwatchable and should be scrapped.  The chance of being embarrassed mano a mano would probably drive the stars away from any skills type challenges though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
From what I saw, Dalton turned down the invitation. He was just out of the top 6 from what I saw.

Also, Pro Bowl is boring. I wish they would bring back the individual drills.

Remember those passing games they had between QBs? The WR gauntlet? That stuff was fun to watch and really cool. I definitely liked that stuff more than the actual game.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 09:30 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: In the pro bowl, I would like to rather see specialty plays. Like testing QB accuracy. Moving targets. Testing FG kicker accuracy, moving targets. Testing Punters accuracy, moving targets.  OK that doesn't sound very fun to watch but maybe better than the pro bowl as it stands.

I know they used to do that back in like 2005 and such. I used to love watching that stuff. Made the Pro Bowl more enjoyable.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Team Irvin I guess Big Grin

Michael Irvin drafted all the Bengals except Cedric Peerman (Assigned to Rice) Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 11:06 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Team Irvin I guess Big Grin

Michael Irvin drafted all the Bengals except Cedric Peerman (Assigned to Rice) Big Grin

Good chance to throw on some ski masks and break Decastro's legs. Take the Steelers up on those twitter threats.

?
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 04:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Should make it meaningful like MLB. AFC vs NFC. Winner gets home field in the next Super Bowl. That is thd only way to fix the pro bowl. Or really increase the money they get for playing in it and winning it.

That would never work. Teams put bids in for their stadiums to host a Super Bowl years in advance.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 06:17 AM)Bryan Wrote: That would never work. Teams put bids in for their stadiums to host a Super Bowl years in advance.

I don't like it either. Not fair for small market teams.
Reply/Quote
All Bengals except one on the same team nice.... (Poor Ced Peerman)

Adam jones made it dispite being a 7th alt haha...
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 02:52 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah, but you are on to something... How about events like Richard Sherman on Antonio Brown (for instance) one on one with a QB throwing?  Oklahoma drill with All Pros?  The game is unwatchable and should be scrapped.  The chance of being embarrassed mano a mano would probably drive the stars away from any skills type challenges though.

Agree the game is unwatchable.  But NFL players are very competitive and they alwasy seem to get into skills competitions.

So the could have a "7 on 7" passing game for the skills guys.  That would be a lot of fun to watch.  Still a slight chance of injury, but with no blocking or tackling it would be much much safer.

Then have have as series of events for the LBs and Linemen to compete in.  These can be interesting if done properly.  The NBA slam dunk competition has becoame a joke, but the new format for the MLB Home Run Derby was very entertaining.
Reply/Quote