Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis
This Carson quit on the Bengals theme is ridiculous. If Carson had a down year or two, the Bengals might have very well quit on him. It's a business people, so stop pretending it's like some sort of god an country thing. This is not patriotism, it's PROFESSIONAL sports. Carson made a brilliant move really. He knew they would seek to get value for him, before letting him retire. He also knew this franchise was flawed, and didn't have the ability to take the next step. The guy has had his share of bad luck, but he's a decent person and a tremendous talent.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 10:28 AM)Rainbow stiller Wrote: I'm torn because before the steelers cardinals super bowl I was a cards fan. But the steelers stole my heart that night with their passion brawn and no quit attitude. Still, cardinals are my second team so it's not too bad. 

WTF

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 10:28 AM)Rainbow stiller Wrote: I'm torn because before the steelers cardinals super bowl I was a cards fan. But the steelers stole my heart that night with their passion brawn and no quit attitude. Still, cardinals are my second team so it's not too bad. 

Lol Steeler's fan alert! Just like Big Ben stole the heart of that bar skank in Georgia? 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 02:22 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Lol Steeler's fan alert! Just like Big Ben stole the heart of that bar skank in Georgia? 

He's a recently banned Bengals fan posing as a gay Steelers fan. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 07:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's a recently banned Bengals fan posing as a gay Steelers fan. 

This simply isn't true.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 07:55 PM)Rainbow stiller Wrote: This simply isn't true.

Then you have trouble reading?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 07:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Then you have trouble reading?

No? I'm not saying anything malicious? Just throwing my two cents in every now and then. What harm am I causing here?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 07:59 PM)Rainbow stiller Wrote: No? I'm not saying anything malicious? Just throwing my two cents in every now and then. What harm am I causing here?

You're allowed to post anywhere on this website.

The place to discuss anything and everything related to the Cincinnati Bengals. {This section is for BENGALS FANS ONLY.} 

Except Jungle Noise.

Reply/Quote
In case I've never said it: F. Carson Palmer.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: In case I've never said it: F. Carson Palmer.

You really are the poster child for the large contingent of Bengal fans who thought Palmer was garbage, wanted him gone, but then hated him for giving you exactly what you wanted.

It's hilarious
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 05:45 AM)Utts Wrote: This Carson quit on the Bengals theme is ridiculous. If Carson had a down year or two, the Bengals might have very well quit on him. It's a business people, so stop pretending it's like some sort of god an country thing. This is not patriotism, it's PROFESSIONAL sports. Carson made a brilliant move really. He knew they would seek to get value for him, before letting him retire. He also knew this franchise was flawed, and didn't have the ability to take the next step. The guy has had his share of bad luck, but he's a decent person and a tremendous talent.

I don't pay money to watch business men on Sundays.  Carson Palmer made a commitment to the Bengals, his team mates and his community.  He broke that commitment.  That reflects poorly on his character whether you want to think of it as a business or personal decision.

The notion that the franchise justified Palmer's decision has been disproven by their results since.  They've been to the play-offs ever year since Palmer left and the bulk of the blame for losses in those games has fallen on his replacement.   If you believe that then you have to Palmer would have won one of those.

The truth is that I don't know if the Bengals even make the Playoffs each of those years if Palmer is their quarterback.  It's evident that he doesn't have the mental toughness required to compete in the AFC North year after year.
Reply/Quote
Carson is Carson. When he's good, he's really good. When he's bad, he As far as I can tell, he's healthy. But that playoff loss was probably the worst I have ever seen him play. And, I've seen him play a lot, for us, the Raiders and AZ.

I don't think he would have been better (maybe worse) than Andy has been for us. Matter of fact, I feel better with Andy as our QB as I ever did having Carson.

Don't know how the stealers entered into this conversation. They are riding on a QB that acts tough, but seems to spend significant amounts of time injured. Then there are all those "fake" injuries that he always seems to milk.

None of that matters. I'm glad we have AD (and McCarron, for that matter).

From what Carson has said, it was a monumental fight between him and Mike Brown. Not sure what the topic was, or who was to blame. But, as there things go, at least recently with the Bengals, there's a feeling that if cooler heads prevailed, the differences could have been overcome. Ask TJ how he feels about leaving the Bengals.

Anyway, Carson jumped from a stable franchise into that mess in Oakland as a preferable move. Stupid move, actually. For what it's worth, I have never seen him play a worse game (ar any QB's worse game) than he played last weekend.

Roland...agree with you. You're a smart guy!
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:02 PM)Roland Wrote: I don't pay money to watch business men on Sundays.  Carson Palmer made a commitment to the Bengals, his team mates and his community.  He broke that commitment.  That reflects poorly on his character whether you want to think of it as a business or personal decision.

The notion that the franchise justified Palmer's decision has been disproven by their results since.  They've been to the play-offs ever year since Palmer left and the bulk of the blame for losses in those games has fallen on his replacement.   If you believe that then you have to Palmer would have won one of those.

The truth is that I don't know if the Bengals even make the Playoffs each of those years if Palmer is their quarterback.  It's evident that he doesn't have the mental toughness required to compete in the AFC North year after year.

Couldn't disagree with this more.  If a player stinks he is summarily dismissed and no one cries foul for the player saying "oh my lord, the team signed a contract, they have to hold up their end of the deal or else they have bad character and lack moral fiber!!"

Because you pay to watch these guys that means them exercising the same basic human rights as anyone else makes them a bad person??

You do see the complete and total failure of anything resembling sound logic in that thought process right??

Lacks the mental toughness to compete in the Afc north??  I'm proud of our division too but srsly,  the NFC west has produced the last three NFC reps in the Superbowl and should have won the last two if not for Pete Carroll being an idiot

And only Palmer blowing out his knee last year even opened the door for that seahawk team to win the division last year!!

I'm telling, the fantastical irrationality and full on hypocrisy bengal fans must employ in order to justify hating Palmer and to try and continue believing that he's a bad player when he clearly is a very good one is off the charts!!!

Pure unfiltered nonsensical garbage.  It really is.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 02:22 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Couldn't disagree with this more.  If a player stinks he is summarily dismissed and no one cries foul for the player saying "oh my lord, the team signed a contract, they have to hold up their end of the deal or else they have bad character and lack moral fiber!!"

Because you pay to watch these guys that means them exercising the same basic human rights as anyone else makes them a bad person??

You do see the complete and total failure of anything resembling sound logic in that thought process right??

I see that you don't understand how sports contracts work.

The team is not breaking their commitment when they cut a player.  Sports contracts are written to give the team the exclusive right to terminate the contract.  Those are the terms.  Players accept those terms because they're paid a lot of money to make a multi-year commitment.  If they want, they can negotiate for guaranteed money and when the Bengals make that commitment they keep it.

Quote:Lacks the mental toughness to compete in the Afc north??  I'm proud of our division too but srsly,  the NFC west has produced the last three NFC reps in the Superbowl and should have won the last two if not for Pete Carroll being an idiot

And only Palmer blowing out his knee last year even opened the door for that seahawk team to win the division last year!!

No division has produced as many playoff teams as the AFC North in recent years.  I'm sure Carson will be more comfortable in a place where he doesn't have to contend with four division games against play-off level competition year in and year out.   As recently as 2011 the Seahawks won the NFC West with a losing record.

Quote:I'm telling, the fantastical irrationality and full on hypocrisy bengal fans must employ in order to justify hating Palmer and to try and continue believing that he's a bad player when he clearly is a very good one is off the charts!!!

Pure unfiltered nonsensical garbage.  It really is

You talk about logic and rationality but you really don't seem to have a grasp of either.    If you don't care about the commitment, integrity, or resilience of the guy who is supposed to be leading your team that's your prerogative.  But those are attributes that important to a great quarterback and Carson Palmer demonstrated that he is lacking in those areas.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:02 PM)Roland Wrote: I don't pay money to watch business men on Sundays.  Carson Palmer made a commitment to the Bengals, his team mates and his community.  He broke that commitment. 

You mean players get to choose who they play for. Mellow

Quote:That reflects poorly on his character whether you want to think of it as a business or personal decision.

So Character wins SBs? Why does Brady have so many of them then?

You guys take this waaaaay to personal.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 02:01 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Carson is Carson.  When he's good, he's really good.  When he's bad, he  As far as I can tell, he's healthy.  But that playoff loss was probably the worst I have ever seen him play.  And, I've seen him play a lot, for us, the Raiders and AZ.

I don't think he would have been better (maybe worse) than Andy has been for us.  Matter of fact, I feel better with Andy as our QB as I ever did having Carson.

Don't know how the stealers entered into this conversation.  They are riding on a QB that acts tough, but seems to spend significant amounts of time injured.  Then there are all those "fake" injuries that he always seems to milk.

None of that matters.  I'm glad we have AD (and McCarron, for that matter).

From what Carson has said, it was a monumental fight between him and Mike Brown.  Not sure what the topic was, or who was to blame.  But, as there things go, at least recently with the Bengals, there's a feeling that if cooler heads prevailed, the differences could have been overcome.  Ask TJ how he feels about leaving the Bengals.

Anyway, Carson jumped from a stable franchise into that mess in Oakland as a preferable move.  Stupid move, actually.  For what it's worth, I have never seen him play a worse game (ar any QB's worse game) than he played last weekend.

Well said.

I don't think it was a smart move fr him to "retire" the way he did, but I never took it personal either.  If he was the only Bengal to ever try that then I would be harder on him, but back then the Bengals were like that guy you knew who had been divorced four times.  When his fifth wife files you start to suspect he might be part of the problem.

Carson was a very good QB.  When he was on he was as much fun to watch as any QB in the league.  His arm was ridiculous.  But he was inconsistent, and when the talent dropped around him he started to force a lot more throws and make a lot more mistakes.  His arm still looks strong and if he stays healthy he will probably be back in the playoffs next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 06:17 AM)Roland Wrote: I see that you don't understand how sports contracts work.

The team is not breaking their commitment when they cut a player.  Sports contracts are written to give the team the exclusive right to terminate the contract.  Those are the terms.  Players accept those terms because they're paid a lot of money to make a multi-year commitment.  If they want, they can negotiate for guaranteed money and when the Bengals make that commitment they keep it.

Yes, the hypocrisy is built in to the non-guaranteed contract, yes it is.  Where did I say different?  Do you understand the words that you're reading before you reply to them?

No division has produced as many playoff teams as the AFC North in recent years.  I'm sure Carson will be more comfortable in a place where he doesn't have to contend with four division games against play-off level competition year in and year out.   As recently as 2011 the Seahawks won the NFC West with a losing record.

Bwaahhahahaa, what a weak argument.  This is the first year that Palmer has been in the NFC West that the division didn't produce the NFC Champion.  It's been an excellent division featuring outstanding defenses top to bottom his entire time there with the exception of San Fran's D falling off just in the last year.  Cmon now!!

You talk about logic and rationality but you really don't seem to have a grasp of either.    If you don't care about the commitment, integrity, or resilience of the guy who is supposed to be leading your team that's your prerogative.  But those are attributes that important to a great quarterback and Carson Palmer demonstrated that he is lacking in those areas.

What does logic and rationality have to do with whether I "care" about a guys commitment, integrity etc.??  He retired, completely within his rights to do so, whether that reflects poorly on his personal integrity is debatable and in the eye of the beholder really.  Commitment??  As I've said, the team offers no real commitment and can cut a player whenever they want and when they do, the team's "integrity" is never questioned by anyone.

You've failed miserably to demonstrate that Bengal fans are anything other than what I said they were with regard to Palmer in my previous post.  In fact, your lame attempt to discredit the NFC West and even lamer attempt at implying NFL contracts aren't inherently hypocritical in cases such as Palmers by suggesting I don't understand how "contracts work" when clearly I do has only furthered my point on the matter.

Thanx bud :) 

In bold and Italic above.....
Reply/Quote