Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis
When the Cardinals were in St. Louis (again, why the eff did they not re-name and re-uniform the team for AZ) they were my second-favorite team behind the Bengals. I also like Carson and think that 75 yard play to Larry Fitzgerald was one of the greatest plays I ever saw. And he followed it up with a clever shovel pass. So, go Carson and go Cardinals! I want to see you annihilate the Steelers in the SB.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:57 AM)Roland Wrote: And yet the Bengals have gone to the play-offs every year since he left and some say that his replacement is the reason we didn't win some of those games.  According to that logic Palmer and the Bengals would have won a play-off game years ago if he hadn't had his little tantrum.
Another way to look at it we only went to two playoffs with Palmer after he left is when we started to going to the playoffs so he might have been as much as the problem as the solution
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 10:21 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Another way to look at it we only went to two playoffs with Palmer after he left is when we started to going to the playoffs so he might have been as much as the problem as the solution

Ehh, Carson is 29-9 as a starter in Arizona.  I'm not saying we'd be better off if we kept him, but the whole "Carson leaving is the reason we got better" narrative was only plausible in 2012.  Mike Brown stopped being the only decision-maker, and we replaced Bratkowski with 2 OC's who are apparently worthy of HC jobs, for starters.

Even as a Carson supporter I'll admit Carson keeping his mouth shut after the 2010 season would have been a bad thing because nothing would have changed, and changes had to be made.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:05 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: Palmer is a great QB. Im happy for him.

Arians is a great Coach. Im happy for him.

I hope they win the Super Bowl.

Also, i love they way Patrick Peterson and Honey Badger play.....sucks for Honey Badger being out.

And I will be rooting for him to lose to Carolina.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:01 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And I will be rooting for him to lose to Carolina.  

Why, so the Dalton haters can have another reason to blather on about how much better Scam Newton is than Andy?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:48 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: His team won. He played relatively well. That spin move in OT. He wanted that. 

That deflection TD in regulation....he got lucky.

(Probably because he's two teams removed from the Bengals and his curse has worn off).
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:17 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Why, so the Dalton haters can have another reason to blather on about how much better Scam Newton is than Andy?

No, because I will never under any circumstances root for that quitter, Carson Palmer.  He was especially classless this year when playing Cincy again and acting like he hasn't lost to us before.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:21 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: No, because I will never under any circumstances root for that quitter, Carson Palmer.  He was especially classless this year when playing Cincy again and acting like he hasn't lost to us before.

That's right, just keep holding on to that 2012 season when it was obvious Carson made a huge mistake by doubting Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown's commitment to winning.
Reply/Quote
Good for him.

I hope they win the Super Bowl. Not because of a fondness for Carson Palmer, but due to a general dislike for all other 5 teams remaining.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 10:09 AM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: When the Cardinals were in St. Louis (again, why the eff did they not re-name and re-uniform the team for AZ) they were my second-favorite team behind the Bengals.  I also like Carson and think that 75 yard play to Larry Fitzgerald was one of the greatest plays I ever saw.  And he followed it up with a clever shovel pass.  So, go Carson and go Cardinals!  I want to see you annihilate the Steelers in the SB.

You want the Steelers to make it to the Super Bowl?  You may be in the wrong forum, dude.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:30 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You want the Steelers to make it to the Super Bowl?  You may be in the wrong forum, dude.

My pals who like the Steelers were telling me I should root for them to win this week so they would have a more heartbreaking loss in NE or in the Super Bowl.  I didn't fall for it.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:40 AM)Trademark Wrote: This is kind of sad when you really think about it -_-

I made a thread last night hoping P would win. I have been one of his biggest bashers as I hate quitters. But, it was time for me to move on. Palmer played very bad for a veteran QB overall (until Fitz play in OT), but the team effort and some luck (deflected TD pass and a dropped pick by Shields) went hos and Arizona's way. So, good for him and I hope he goes on to win it all proving we all need a luck sometimes to get started in the right direction.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's right, just keep holding on to that 2012 season when it was obvious Carson made a huge mistake by doubting Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown's commitment to winning.

He brought it all up again this year in the media and was acting the victim. He was pretending like this was his revenge game when we have already cleaned his clock before.  He hasn't changed in attitude or in play.  The only difference now is that at present the Cardinals have other players who can overcome Palmer's two picks a game.  And aren't you the one who said you weren't sure who you would root for if the Cardinals played the Bengals in the Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:35 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He brought it all up again this year in the media and was acting the victim. He was pretending like this was his revenge game when we have already cleaned his clock before.  He hasn't changed in attitude or in play.  The only difference now is that at present the Cardinals have other players who can overcome Palmer's two picks a game.

So Carson left Cincinnati with a dream in his heart of finding a team capable of carrying him and his 32 interceptions per year into post-season relevance?  Wow, good for him for succeeding at that...that's some inspirational stuff.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So Carson left Cincinnati with a dream in his heart of finding a team capable of carrying him and his 32 interceptions per year into post-season relevance?  Wow, good for him for succeeding at that...that's some inspirational stuff.

You didn't answer my question.  Aren't you the one who said you weren't sure who you would root for if the Cardinals played the Bengals in the Super Bowl?  I know he didn't average two picks a game this year, but he has thrown a lot of picks in the past and he threw two last night.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:35 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He brought it all up again this year in the media and was acting the victim. He was pretending like this was his revenge game when we have already cleaned his clock before.  He hasn't changed in attitude or in play.  The only difference now is that at present the Cardinals have other players who can overcome Palmer's two picks a game.  And aren't you the one who said you weren't sure who you would root for if the Cardinals played the Bengals in the Super Bowl?

The guy had a 63.7 completion percentage in the regular season.  He passed for 4,671 yards, 35 TDs, and only 11 INTs and had a 104.6 passer rating. He's a top-3 MVP candidate and would likely win the comeback player of the year award if not for Eric Berry returning from Cancer treatments 9 months ago.

Those stats aren't really indicative of someone who "has other players that overcame him".  I can't tell whether that statement stems from ignorance or butthurt.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If you take Carson's performance tonight and put it in any of our 7 Marvin-era playoff losses we probably win.  I'm not saying Palmer is better than Dalton or anything, but the guy had a active hand in winning a playoff game.  Put on your big boy pants and suck it up.

Also, it was 4th and 20 on the Packers' own 4 yard line and they scored the tying TD in 2 passes to the same no-name WR.  Carson did more than he had to to be carried to that win.

I wouldn't go that far at all. I'm a CP fan but he struggled out there. If Carson would have played for us Last week this way we would have lost by more than we did. He was careless with the ball because his footwork was bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:43 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You didn't answer my question.  Aren't you the one who said you weren't sure who you would root for if the Cardinals played the Bengals in the Super Bowl?

Palmer and the Bengals in the Super Bowl?  Improbable.  Palmer throws 3 picks per game and would quit before halftime and Marvin Lewis can't coach his way into a single playoff win, much less a Super Bowl run.  You may as well ask me if I'd rather eat a unicorn burger with Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster!

(01-17-2016, 11:48 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wouldn't go that far at all.   I'm a CP fan but he struggled out there.    If Carson would have played for us Last week this way we would have lost by more than we did.     He was careless with the ball because his footwork was bad.

I'm not sure I'd say he was careless, but he wasn't great.  The guy is old, was a washed-up jounrneyman they got for a 6th round pick who has ligament damage in his right index finger.  The main point of the Cardinals' offense is literally a man being held together by tape at this point. His stabilizing finger on his throwing hand is a lot worse than Arians will let on and the results prove thus. I'm not making excuses, but I had as similar sense of understanding reserved for Dalton if/when he was thrust into a playoff game with a half fractured thumb.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:35 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He brought it all up again this year in the media and was acting the victim. He was pretending like this was his revenge game when we have already cleaned his clock before.  He hasn't changed in attitude or in play.  The only difference now is that at present the Cardinals have other players who can overcome Palmer's two picks a game.  And aren't you the one who said you weren't sure who you would root for if the Cardinals played the Bengals in the Super Bowl?

Lol are you serious? What is he supposed to do? Beg Mike Brown for forgiveness and ask to be back on the Bengals? 

Carson Palmer is 1 game away from the super bowl. Like it or not, the Cards couldn't have done it without him.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:56 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Carson Palmer is 1 game away from the super bowl. Like it or not, the Cards couldn't have done it without him.

I'm pretty sure Kevin Kolb was about to turn the corner. If you don't buy that, then Stanton coulda done what Palmer did.
Reply/Quote