Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis
He hasn't been a Bengal for years. Therefore, he means nothing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
You want to feel trolled by Palmer getting the better of the Bengals 5 years later. But the truth is the team had it's shot (to beat Palmer to a first playoff victory) and couldn't capitalize.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure I'd say he was careless, but he wasn't great.  The guy is old, was a washed-up jounrneyman they got for a 6th round pick who has ligament damage in his right index finger.  The main point of the Cardinals' offense is literally a man being held together by tape at this point.  His stabilizing finger on his throwing hand is a lot worse than Arians will let on and the results prove thus.  I'm not making excuses, but  I had as similar sense of understanding reserved for Dalton if/when he was thrust into a playoff game with a half fractured thumb.

Don't read that I somehow have contemp for CP . He is what he is .... He has always taken chances and lost his lower body foot work in crunch time. Ever since the Kimo shot at his legs. It's a shame that it happened but it obviously affects the guy and that's the biggest shame of all. Love the guy as a player and will always be a Bengal in my mind and heart.

I am happy he got with Arians. But he won't be carrying the team like he did in 2005. Without a doubt he was a generational Qb talent.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 10:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, Carson is 29-9 as a starter in Arizona.  I'm not saying we'd be better off if we kept him, but the whole "Carson leaving is the reason we got better" narrative was only plausible in 2012.  Mike Brown stopped being the only decision-maker, and we replaced Bratkowski with 2 OC's who are apparently worthy of HC jobs, for starters.

Even as a Carson supporter I'll admit Carson keeping his mouth shut after the 2010 season would have been a bad thing because nothing would have changed, and changes had to be made.

And again maybe Carson was the problem as much as others.. I believe it was going to change, he just did not want to be with the change.. one telling thing that I have noticed when he did leave is how the players he played with pretty much abandoned him.. that is very telling in itself.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And again maybe Carson was the problem as much as others.. I believe it was going to change, he just did not want to be with the change.. one telling thing that I have noticed when he did leave is how the players he played with pretty much abandoned him.. that is very telling in itself.

It is telling. But had CP came back with Jay we would have won playoff games vs the Texans and chargers without a doubt. But I think we are better off with Dalton, he plays at the highest CP level now.

He had a chance to come back with changes and didn't. That is what annoyed the players. Not CP's play.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If you take Carson's performance tonight and put it in any of our 7 Marvin-era playoff losses we probably win.  I'm not saying Palmer is better than Dalton or anything, but the guy had a active hand in winning a playoff game.  Put on your big boy pants and suck it up.

Also, it was 4th and 20 on the Packers' own 4 yard line and they scored the tying TD in 2 passes to the same no-name WR.  Carson did more than he had to to be carried to that win.

Wasn't Carson the QB for one of those? I agree, we would've beaten the Jets if he'd played better. He was terrible that night.

(01-17-2016, 11:48 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wouldn't go that far at all.   I'm a CP fan but he struggled out there.    If Carson would have played for us Last week this way we would have lost by more than we did.     He was careless with the ball because his footwork was bad.

Right...

QB A: 349 yards, 3 TDs, 2 turnovers, 92.3 rating, led his offense to 26 points
QB B: 212 yards, 1 TD , 2 turnovers, 68.3 rating, led his offense to 16 points

Apparently, Carson't carelessness led to the same amount of turnovers and much better numbers everywhere else.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wasn't Carson the QB for one of those? I agree, we would've beaten the Jets if he'd played better. He was terrible that night.

Right...

QB A: 349 yards, 3 TDs, 2 turnovers, 92.3 rating, led his offense to 26 points
QB B: 212 yards, 1 TD , 2 turnovers, 68.3 rating, led his offense to 16 points

Apparently, Carson't carelessness led to the same amount of turnovers and much better numbers everywhere else.

The way CP played allowed a team they blew out a couple weeks ago take them to OT.

I hate to get in the way of your mike brown/marvin lewis/bengals bashing. But CP wasn't good last night and his team won in spite of him.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 01:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I hate to get in the way of your mike brown/marvin lewis/bengals bashing.   But CP wasn't good last night and his team won in spite of him.

Why is using facts considered "bashing" by you? I'm not saying CP was a hero last night or anything (I think he was "ok"), but lets be honest.

The performance we saw from CP last night was better than any QB performance we've seen in any of the 7 playoff games, and judging on how some reacted to that less-than-mediocre showing from McCarron, they would've built a statue for him if he threw for 349 and 3 TDs in a playoff game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Carson. He had a few bad throws for sure, but overall was good enough for his first playoff win. Playoff win.

That said, hey Bengals, you suck.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
So the bar for Dalton is 13 years...good to know.

Oh and it's more like "Larry Fitzgerald put the Cardinals on his back and won the damn thing"
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So the bar for Dalton is 13 years...good to know.

Oh and it's more like "Larry Fitzgerald put the Cardinals on his back and won the damn thing"

A shame the 13-year bar doesn't apply to Marvin.  Anyways, Carson doesn't have the chance to be carried to a postseason win if he doesn't win 13 games in the regular season. That what counts around here, right?  Getting to the playoffs and hoping for the best?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: A shame the 13-year bar doesn't apply to Marvin.  Anyways, Carson doesn't have the chance to be carried to a postseason win if he doesn't win 13 games in the regular season. That what counts around here, right?  Getting to the playoffs and hoping for the best?

It is a shame. 

His playoff history in his few shots, isn't far off from Dalton's. 
This game really wasn't much different that 2013 Dalton except for Larry Fitz taking over. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:27 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It is a shame. 

His playoff history in his few shots, isn't far off from Dalton's. 
This game really wasn't much different that 2013 Dalton except for Larry Fitz taking over. 

Palmer isn't great and Fitz is. Then again, Palmer winning the first post season game he plays without Marvin might carry some intellectual weight.  Dalton could probably use a new HC, too. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Palmer isn't great and Fitz is. Then again, Palmer winning the first post season game he plays without Marvin might carry some intellectual weight.  Dalton could probably use a new HC, too. 

Given the similarities to the overall performance of Palmer to Dalton in 2013, yeah I agree coaching could make a huge difference. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:36 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Given the similarities to the overall performance of Palmer to Dalton in 2013, yeah I agree coaching could make a huge difference. 

So we agree.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So we agree.  

I think we agreed the whole time. 
Reply/Quote
Lest we forget had the officials been on the job the game never gets to OT, as the AZ TD late in the fourth should have been called back because of blatant (even the pro-Arizona announcers caught it) and uncalled OPI.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 02:09 AM)GodFather Wrote: Funny how some people have such disdain for him because he knew he wouldn't go anywhere with Lewis as a HC, and yet those same guys also want Lewis out of Cincy.

Palmer left here for OAKLAND.  Yeah, he is a real genius when it comes to ensuring that he was going to win with that move.

I am actually one of the people who don't hate on Palmer.  But claiming that he is soem kind of genius for thinkiing that oakland had a better chasnce of winning than the Bengals is a complete joke.
Reply/Quote
Why all the hate on Carson Palmer?
The man deserves a Superbowl ring in my opinion.
I wish things in Cincinnati turned out differently for him, but we can't dwell or change the past.
I was mad at first just like many of you when he refused to play.
But I thought it was because Mike Brown refused to give up total control of player personnel decisions to Marvin Lewis after he said he would.
I could be way wrong, if I am please correct me.

-Magikod
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Palmer had two picks....the difference? The Cards didn't fold, the Bengals do. It's the coaching. PERIOD.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote