• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers at Steelers
Loving some McCaffrey right now.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ok, not so excited now.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 10:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ok, not so excited now.

Gosh I hate the Steelers
Reply/Quote
Panthers will come back

Reply/Quote
Steelers offensive line is just good.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 10:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Steelers offensive line is just good.

That they do.

Reply/Quote
And these same Panthers smoked our "defense"...
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 11:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: And these same Panthers smoked our "defense"...

Yes they did. And?

Reply/Quote
Starting to look like the Steelers are the best team in the division again, yay....
Reply/Quote
Two man rush and coverage underneath lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 10:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Steelers offensive line is just good.

Yes it is. And to think we had Paul Alexander wasting draft picks on Cedric Ogbuehi and Fake Fischer. Maybe if we had a competent o line coach we would be mired in this mess
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 11:38 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Yes it is. And to think we had Paul Alexander picking  waste of picks like Cedric Ogbuehi and Fake Fischer. Maybe if we had a competent o line coach we would be mired in this mess

2015 draft was bad especially for the first round. Before Ogbuehi Alexander had a perfect track record for first round linemen.

As for the game TJ Watt dropped his head and lead with his helmet on that sack fumble. Not called and in plain view.

Reply/Quote
No penalty on TJ Watt for the hit on Cam Newton? He lowered his head and speared Newton in his shoulder
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 11:46 PM)Froob Wrote: No penalty on TJ Watt for the hit on Cam Newton? He lowered his head and speared Newton in his shoulder

Please tell me this isn't a serious question.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 11:46 PM)Froob Wrote: No penalty on TJ Watt for the hit on Cam Newton? He lowered his head and speared Newton in his shoulder

And landed with his body weight on him
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 11:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Please tell me this isn't a serious question.

It was quite obvious. He dropped his head and lead with the helmet.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 11:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Please tell me this isn't a serious question.

From NFL Rulebook: "A defensive player must not use his helmet against a passer who is in a defenseless posture—for example, (1) forcibly hitting the passer’s head or neck area with the helmet or facemask, even if the initial contact of the defender’s helmet or facemask is lower than the passer’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the passer by encircling or grasping him; or (2) lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/"hairline" parts of the helmet against any part of the passer’s body. This rule does not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or non-crown parts of the helmet in the course of a conventional tackle on a passer. "

TJ lowered his head and speared Cam directly in the shoulder, violating part 2 of that rule. Also, Cam has had previous injuries to that right shoulder recently this season and even surgery last year. I have no doubt in my mind that Joey Porter "reminded" his linebackers that Cam's shoulder is injury prone.
Reply/Quote
How was that a TD? Clearly bobbling it all the way to the ground yet they confirm it? Not to mention he did shove the defender off right before the ball got there which is OPI. How much can they get away with?
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 12:11 AM)Froob Wrote: From NFL Rulebook: "A defensive player must not use his helmet against a passer who is in a defenseless posture—for example, (1) forcibly hitting the passer’s head or neck area with the helmet or facemask, even if the initial contact of the defender’s helmet or facemask is lower than the passer’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the passer by encircling or grasping him; or (2) lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/"hairline" parts of the helmet against any part of the passer’s body. This rule does not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or non-crown parts of the helmet in the course of a conventional tackle on a passer. "

TJ lowered his head and speared Cam directly in the shoulder, violating part 2 of that rule. Also, Cam has had previous injuries to that right shoulder recently this season and even surgery last year. I have no doubt in my mind that Joey Porter "reminded" his linebackers that Cam's shoulder is injury prone.

And you saw this in Watt's hit?  You're damaging my opinion of Bengals fan's IQ.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 12:12 AM)cinci4life Wrote: How was that a TD? Clearly bobbling it all the way to the ground yet they confirm it? Not to mention he did shove the defender off right before the ball got there which is OPI. How much can they get away with?

I'm the first one to scoff at people who pull the "the Steelers get away with everything" whine card...but lordy, that was a bit of a gift there.  Geez.  Oh well, doesn't matter because the Steelers have this one.  I wager we one-n-done in Pittsburgh in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote