Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers fire Frank Reich
11 games into his tenure as Caroline Panthers head coach, Frank Reich has been fired. The Panthers have a 1-10 record

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 02:29 PM)pally Wrote: 11 games into his tenure as Caroline Panthers head coach, Frank Reich has been fired.  The Panthers have a 1-10 record

Maybe they'll go after Callahan or Lou?  Ninja

Edit: Sarcasm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll never understand these teams that hire a guy and give them less than a season when they're clearly rebuilding.

Who would take that job when they know they are at an equal risk of producing immediate results or will also face termination? Especially when that job has a struggling QB, no weapons, no Oline, and missing multiple valuable picks in the next few drafts.
Reply/Quote
Another team that probably should've given the interim a legit shot at the head job rather than chasing a name.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 03:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'll never understand these teams that hire a guy and give them less than a season when they're clearly rebuilding.

Who would take that job when they know they are at an equal risk of producing immediate results or will also face termination? Especially when that job has a struggling QB, no weapons, no Oline, and missing multiple valuable picks in the next few drafts.

understand what you are saying but he was fired by both Indy and Carolina during his 1st season with each.. that to me is a Red Flag..
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: understand what you are saying but he was fired by both Indy and Carolina during his 1st season with each.. that to me is a Red Flag..

He was head coach of the Colts from 2018 to 2022.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: understand what you are saying but he was fired by both Indy and Carolina during his 1st season with each.. that to me is a Red Flag..

He fired mid season by both, but he was with the Colts for 4 and a half years.

It does make you wonder why two teams were comfortable firing him mid season though.

Granted, the Colts then went on to name Jeff Saturday their interim head coach, so they were obviously tanking haha.
Reply/Quote
Lordy the Panthers and their meddlesome owner. As an OC Frank Lloyd Reich wins a SB with a backup QB over the GOAT and after some hit or miss HC stuff in Indy he's brought to the Panthers where he wants CJ Stroud and the owner takes Bryce Young and also trades away McCaffrey and DJ Moore in the process of "rebuilding."

This guy wasn't great, but he clearly got a raw deal and David Tepper is sending a message that the HC gig in Carolina is a pretty dangerous one to accept. Just my 2 cents.

On the plus side, this guy will probably get hired to be the OC in Jacksonville with his former SB buddy HC Doug Pederson, which will free up ZT's little brother Press-Don't-Pull Taylor to come be our OC.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On the plus side, this guy will probably get hired to be the OC in Jacksonville with his former SB buddy HC Doug Pederson, which will free up ZT's little brother Press-Don't-Pull Taylor to come be our OC.

[Image: 5eef429efaa1d8e507bdee6f09093bb032f448c6...2f1823.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 12:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He fired mid season by both, but he was with the Colts for 4 and a half years.

It does make you wonder why two teams were comfortable firing him mid season though.

Granted, the Colts then went on to name Jeff Saturday their interim head coach, so they were obviously tanking haha.

In both cases I believe it was for arguing with the meddlesome owner.

Can't guarantee that is the case with either, but Irsay tends to have that kind of attitude, and Tepper has pretty much given that "my way or the highway" vibe.

Tepper probably pissed him off about this latest loss and Reich probably responded with "I wanted Stroud".
Reply/Quote