Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers fire Head Coach Matt Rhule
Info in article: https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-fire-head-coach-matt-rhule-after-1-4-start-to-season
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He’s been pretty terrible. He was hired to inject some offense into this team and they’re terrible this year. He never had a good QB but alas.
Reply/Quote
Side note why the hell did they give him a 7 year contract? Didn’t even make it halfway. Way too long of a contract knowing how often most college coaches flame out of the NFL
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:43 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Side note why the hell did they give him a 7 year contract? Didn’t even make it halfway. Way too long of a contract knowing how often most college coaches flame out of the NFL

I guess he was the hot commodity at the time and ownership went all in? 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:48 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I guess he was the hot commodity at the time and ownership went all in? 

Eh still a college football coach. I’m not sure any first time nfl coach should get more than 3-4 years
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:04 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Eh still a college football coach. I’m not sure any first time nfl coach should get more than 3-4 years

They also jumped all over Brady as an assistant before firing him. I guess the owner saw shiny new toys.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:48 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I guess he was the hot commodity at the time and ownership went all in? 

You mean like Zac Taylor after the 2019 Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You mean like Zac Taylor after the 2019 Super Bowl?

Was Zac a hot commodity? I think I assumed he only had the interview with the Bengals. I recall Rhule being a name multiple teams had interest in.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Was Zac a hot commodity? I think I assumed he only had the interview with the Bengals. I recall Rhule being a name multiple teams had interest in.

I didnt hear his name anywhere else...

His only accomplishment was being on Sean McVays staff..
Reply/Quote