Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers pull franchise tag off of Josh Norman.
Josh Norman is officially a free agent according to Ian Rapoport and Gregg Rosenthal. I have no clue what happened. Something has to have happened behind the scenes, right? He was considered a top five CB in the league.
Reply/Quote
Maybe the Giants will sign him Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He wanted a bajillion dollars because he played just one really good season, and apparently refused to sign his franchise tag since they were able to rescind it. Every time I have heard/seen him speak, it made me think he was a bit of a D-Bag with an over inflated opinion of himself... so now that I think about it, I am confused too. Match made in heaven. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
How much cap room do we have? Tongue
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2016, 10:45 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: How much cap room do we have? Tongue

About $30 million and nobody to spend it on.

Reading comments from Panthers fans they think he was a good player, but a product of the system.  And 28 years old.  I don't know if that's sour grapes or accurate.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Panthers were also convinced he was going to hold out as be a problem in the locker room if he didn't get his money.

Don't forget he got into a fight in TC and Cam Newton had to beat him up.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 12:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Panthers were also convinced he was going to hold out as be a problem in the locker room if he didn't get his money.  

Don't forget he got into a fight in TC and Cam Newton had to beat him up.

You have to question the intelligence of someone who picks a fight with 6'5" 250lb men, and not a lot of that 250 is fat.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 02:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You have to question the intelligence of someone who picks a fight with 6'5" 250lb men, and not a lot of that 250 is fat.

I always figured he was a d-bag. But when he came on NFLN he just came off like a fruit cake.... Which makes him look more and more like a poser.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 09:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: About $30 million and nobody to spend it on.

Reading comments from Panthers fans they think he was a good player, but a product of the system.  And 28 years old.  I don't know if that's sour grapes or accurate.

It's a little bit from column A and a little from column B.

Most fans will knock players that are cut or leave via FA. It happens all the time. However, Norman also didn't really show anything until the last half of the 2014 season. He was up and down as a rookie in 2012, benched in 2013 and first half of 2014. This season was his first major season in the spotlight. Yes, he looked good, but "shut down" corners tend to not last long. Teams figure them out mostly and then they have to find new ways to regain their dominance.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Given the short shelf life, you can't blame a guy for wanting to become a FA. It takes two in FA though. We'll see if someone pays him close to what he wants, or what he would've earned under the tag. If so, then Norman wins.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like the Redskins have an agreement with Norman.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if pulling it off hurt. Where was he tagged? The ear?
Reply/Quote
Honestly I think he's pretty good, but the Panthers have a beastly front 7 so my thinking is he wanted a ton of money and they felt that they didn't need to pay a guy who could just be an okay CB top money seeing as he's playing behind one of the better front 7's in the league. I guess we'll see this year since he's with the Redskins
Reply/Quote