Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre K Greed
I think that Dre is and will be mediocre. The players that had a good first game get a thread about how they’re good and the players that had a bad first game get a thread about how much they suck. The fans on the game thread had the season over when the Bengals got down big early. This Dline should help the CB’s. There should be plenty of rushed and tipped passes this year. Seasons are long, with highs and lows. They will beat some very good teams and lose to a bad team or two. I just never understood people freaking out or buying in so soon. Dre had a decent game, here’s to hoping that he has an awesome year.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:02 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I am NOT a fan of dre k. However I am very happy to see him get better. I still miss Whit but it's gonna take another GREAT tackle to make me forget about the keeping of dre k!!

Dre had nothing to do with the decision to let Whit walk.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 03:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Let me start this thread by saying Dre K has been playing great this year! I think he really fits the system and has been playing lights out.

That said, he has to work on finishing the play! He almost had a pick6 in preseason and nearly had a game changer yesterday. Love the way he is playing and hope he can start converting some of those plays.

All that time working against Antonio Brown and other teams number #1s make Dre possibly the best #2 CB on any team. Happy his career has panned out like this with the drafting of WJ3. Could be a good duo for quite some time if Dre is willing to take a pay cut.

You can almost bet that next year's first round pick will be a CB, although they will work hard to re-sign Dennard.  They will need to develop an option behind Dre as an outside CB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 04:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well incomplete is incomplete...  hes just helping the refs.

As a long time season ticket holder (until this year, so when we win the Super Bowl, you're welcome), there was an annoying guy that would stand up and make the first down gesture every first down, facing the crowd (not the field).  I wanted to drill him with a snow ball, sending him to his death over the railing, on many occasion but decided that was a bit harsh.

So, my friends and I wanted to be a part of the action so we all selected an official "sign" that we would stand up and do whenever called for.  The trick was, to have the most obscure and least frequently used sign so you never had to stand up and do it.  

Mine was the "jiggling" sign.  Not incomplete, because that happens a lot, only the up/down with alternating hands...

My buddy had the best one:  Illegal forward pass, like when they cross over the LOS.  The strange sign for that is your arm waves behind your butt like you are crop dusting the people behind you. 

My dad was "safety".

Oh, the stupid shit that made me laugh...
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 10:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: As a long time season ticket holder (until this year, so when we win the Super Bowl, you're welcome), there was an annoying guy that would stand up and make the first down gesture every first down, facing the crowd (not the field).  I wanted to drill him with a snow ball, sending him to his death over the railing, on many occasion but decided that was a bit harsh.

So, my friends and I wanted to be a part of the action so we all selected an official "sign" that we would stand up and do whenever called for.  The trick was, to have the most obscure and least frequently used sign so you never had to stand up and do it.  

Mine was the "jiggling" sign.  Not incomplete, because that happens a lot, only the up/down with alternating hands...

My buddy had the best one:  Illegal forward pass, like when they cross over the LOS.  The strange sign for that is your arm waves behind your butt like you are crop dusting the people behind you. 

My dad was "safety".

Oh, the stupid shit that made me laugh...

I often wonder why it is a player who stops a guy short of the 1st down, can't stand over the guy he tackled because it's "taunting". bit the runner or receiver can get up and signal 1st down right in the defenses face and it's not "taunting"..... seems odd...
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 10:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Dre had nothing to do with the decision to let Whit walk.

listen toast, dre k's money had EVERYTHING to do with Whit leaving! Have a nice day!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 04:16 PM)RASCAL Wrote: listen toast, dre k's money had EVERYTHING to do with Whit leaving! Have a nice day!

No it did not.  

1.  Teams do not calculate one players value based on another players value.

2.  Kirkpatrick did not get his contract extension until AFTER Whitworth signed with the Rams.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it did not.  

1.  Teams do not calculate one players value based on another players value.

2.  Kirkpatrick did not get his contract extension until AFTER Whitworth signed with the Rams.

thats because whit had left! thats why dre k got paid! it's all good. Go Bengals!

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 04:10 PM)RASCAL Wrote: thats because whit had left! thats why dre k got paid! it's all good. Go Bengals!

VERY wrong.

Marvin made it VERY clear that the team had the would be releasing others if necessary to re-sign both Whitworth and Kirkpatrick.

Whit did not re-sign as he was mad that he was allowed to go to free agency.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 06:31 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Per PFF Dre was a top 5 Corner this week. I am however a bit worried that 3 of the other top 5 are Ravens players.

[Image: D9FdshN.png]

Didn't AD throw for 4 TD's against those 3 great DB's?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
His time here has been riddled with poor tackling techniques and getting burnt. This isn't "bad luck". This is WJ3 letting him be a #2 corner. How quickly we forget his poor play. Every offensive NFL player has probably broken one of dre's arm tackles in their life.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 04:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: His time here has been riddled with poor tackling techniques and getting burnt. This isn't "bad luck". This is WJ3 letting him be a #2 corner. How quickly we forget his poor play. Every offensive NFL player has probably broken one of dre's arm tackles in their life.

So that's who gave my post a thumbs down... No surprise.

It is bad luck and he gets called for way too much BS that shouldn't be called at all.

The hate is ridiculous.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 10:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: VERY wrong.

Marvin made it VERY clear that the team had the would be releasing others if necessary to re-sign both Whitworth and Kirkpatrick.

Whit did not re-sign as he was mad that he was allowed to go to free agency.

nothing very wrong about it! dre k signed right after whit left because the money was now there! Have a nice day and tell toast the same!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 10:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't AD throw for 4 TD's against those 3 great DB's?

He did indeed. And I love it.  Who Dey 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 03:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Let me start this thread by saying Dre K has been playing great this year! I think he really fits the system and has been playing lights out.

That said, he has to work on finishing the play! He almost had a pick6 in preseason and nearly had a game changer yesterday. Love the way he is playing and hope he can start converting some of those plays.

All that time working against Antonio Brown and other teams number #1s make Dre possibly the best #2 CB on any team. Happy his career has panned out like this with the drafting of WJ3. Could be a good duo for quite some time if Dre is willing to take a pay cut.

I have been a bit of a hater on Dre in the past but he is playing very good.

That was some great coverage on the John Brown TD... Just amazing concentration by Brown.
Reply/Quote