Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers vs Falcons Article
Yes, this is Jungle Noise, but since we have both of these teams coming up in the next couple of weeks, I think it is pertinent and interesting. Seems both teams already have major injury issues...

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article218334915.html

It would seem that our D-Line should have a very good game against the Panthers.....
Reply/Quote
Devontae Freeman is already ruled out for the next 3 weeks, so we have that going for us
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Newton's not so hot with the dink and dunk type game . We seem to cover the deep ball pretty good  most of the time ..not so much with the short stuff.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The Panther's oline is beat up, and the refs are notorious for not calling roughing on hits on Newton...… so I expect we can rattle him with a few quick sacks ((legal, of course)
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The Panther's oline is beat up, and the refs are notorious for not calling roughing on hits on Newton...… so I expect we can rattle him with a few quick sacks ((legal, of course)

I mentioned somewhere else that I like the matchup of our DEs versus their OTs.  However, their interior OL is top notch, and I would fully expect them to try and exploit our yet to be demonstrated run defense.  Even more troubling is when you consider the fact that the Panthers have possibly the best set of LBs in the league, and their DL is for real, as well.

Probably the best thing going for the Bengals in this game? No Greg Olsen to contend with. However, McCaffery is lightning quick.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The Panther's oline is beat up, and the refs are notorious for not calling roughing on hits on Newton...… so I expect we can rattle him with a few quick sacks ((legal, of course)

It's too bad the refs don't call roughing the passer when the QB starts running. Boohoo for Newton.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's too bad the refs don't call roughing the passer when the QB starts running. Boohoo for Newton.

He gets slammed in the pocket quite often without calls. It is what it is....
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He gets slammed in the pocket quite often without calls. It is what it is....

I don't watch Carolina games. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 09:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't watch Carolina games. LOL

Scam Newton is the Vontaze Burfict of quarterbacks.... no respect from the refs.... He's been quite vocal about them not calling roughing on him due to his size....
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Scam Newton is the Vontaze Burfict of quarterbacks.... no respect from the refs.... He's been quite vocal about them not calling roughing on him due to his size....

Go figure - he's not in a big market either.  Where have we seen that before?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Scam Newton is the Vontaze Burfict of quarterbacks.... no respect from the refs.... He's been quite vocal about them not calling roughing on him due to his size....

You watch, they will this game......
Reply/Quote
I think the Panthers are a better chance for us right now. If you can keep Cam contained, I think we win.

Honestly, even with our hot start, I just have no clue how we handle the Falcons. So many weapons, and I'm just confused on which Matt Ryan shows up. Their defense is banged up, but they have a good coach.

I'd be happy going 1-1 in the next two, and ecstatic if we go 2-0. Beating two pretty good NFC teams means a lot.
Reply/Quote
Nice thread, definately pertinent.

Just keep Cam in the pocket and let our pass rush feast from the edge while Geno destroys the middle.

Sure, they have a good interior but Geno is the best and Billings will just get better with time.

Just cannot let Cam escape the pocket. Keep McCaffrey contained.

On Offense we can beat them deep, over the middle will be more of a challenge with the great LB duo.

Should be a low scoring game but if Green and Ross can get free it might not be.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 01:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice thread, definately pertinent.

Just keep Cam in the pocket and let our pass rush feast from the edge while Geno destroys the middle.

Sure, they have a good interior but Geno is the best and Billings will just get better with time.

Just cannot let Cam escape the pocket. Keep McCaffrey contained.

On Offense we can beat them deep, over the middle will be more of a challenge with the great LB duo.

Should be a low scoring game but if Green and Ross can get free it might not be.
Keeping Scam in the pocket will be key to winning the game, because of how deep our Lbers drop into coverage.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 11:16 AM)sandwedge Wrote: You watch, they will this game......

I will, they won't....
Reply/Quote
This whole running QB problem goes back to them (running QBs) gaming the QB protection rules. They want to be able to act like a RB but get protected like a QB.

Maybe just take it all the way - the QB has to wear one of two colors on a sash, which they can change between plays. One is “run” which means they can run at will but get no QB protections. The other is “pass” where they get the protections but in exchange cannot run forward more than 2 yards past the LOS.
Reply/Quote