Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Papa John's, Nfl's pizza sponsor, opts out
November 2, 2017

NFL loses MAJOR sponsor’s ads (boycott working!)
The NFL just received some bad news; a pizza chain linked to the league has blamed them for weak sales growth.
Papa John’s, an American pizza franchise has lost a lot of dough this week. CEO and founder, John Schnatter announced Tuesday that shares are down 11% and guidance on same-store sales has lowered.
Schnatter did not shy away from blaming the league for his company’s recent decline–he has made it known that the outcry surrounding players kneeling during the national anthem has widely affected the company’s pizza sales.
“The NFL has hurt us by not resolving the current debacle,” he said, “NFL leadership has hurt Papa John’s shareholders,” . Papa John’s is the NFL’s official pizza sponsor.
The company has reported that their customers have a negative view of the NFL  and the company’s association with it.
The pizza chain has made their opinion clear on the issue by releasing the statement, “The controversy is polarizing the customer, polarizing the country,” said Schnatter.
Ratings are down for the NFL, but the spineless commissioner, Roger Goodell still has not declared that players must stand. Unfortunately for the league, critics have made it clear that the famous pizza franchise will be pulling their advertisements associated with the NFL.
Papa John’s hit the nail on the head when they stated “This should have been nipped in the bud a year and a half ago,” and we could not agree more.
National anthem protests have not only affected the ratings of the NFL, but have also affected the growth of companies supporting the league.
Americans boycotting the league and their sponsors has finally begun to make a statement. Loss of sponsors means a loss of cash flow for the league–as more Americans voice their opinions, we hope this will leave the NFL no choice, but to cave.
The Horn News
Reply/Quote
AND YET ANOTHER THREAD BY THE GUY WHO CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE PROPER PLACE ON THE FORUM TO POST TOPICS.

STOP QUOTING FAR RIGHT ARTICLES IN JUNGLE NOISE.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BENGALS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Papa John's product is garbage... I guess the same can be said about the NFL at the moment though too. But good job guys... You're "boycott" is working.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:55 AM)jason Wrote: Papa John's product is garbage... I guess the same can be said about the NFL at the moment though too. But good job guys... You're "boycott" is working.

In Canada, the product tastes damn good.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
No skin off my ass. Bring LaRosa's back to Paul Brown Stadium.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
If the demonstrations get human garbage John Schnatter off my television I'll call it a net win. Someone else will take his place.
Reply/Quote
I believe this has very little to do with political protests or pizza.

First of all it is VERY unusual for a corporation to announce shrinking sales in the middle of a campaign. Not saying it isn't true, but marketing conventional wisdom dictates you don't publicly announce that people aren't buying your product...for any reason. It only exasperates the issue.  So why would they do it?

Let's connect the dots.... It's certainly no secret that Jerry Jones is lobbying very hard, both privately and publicly, to make sure Roger Goodell's contract is NOT renewed. He's on record saying he will put much effort into blocking Goodell's contract extention. Other owners are aligned with Jones, but none are as vocal or public about it.

John Shnatter (Papa John's) is a very good buddy and business associate of Jerry Jones. What better way to serve Jones' agenda then to announce to the world that the  NFL is failing one if it's most important constituents? Without  full support of the corporate sponsors, TV revenue goes down. Without TV revenue, profits go down, thereby fully supporting Jones agenda to oust Goodell. That is the one true way Jones can win over the pro-Goodell owners...by proving and predicting less profit.

Though there is some overlap there, I firmly believe the whole reason Shnatter publicly said ANYTHING about sales and threatened to pull out, is much more about helping his buddy Jerry Jones oust Goodell, than it is about protests.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:11 PM)Big Boss Wrote: No skin off my ass.  Bring LaRosa's back to Paul Brown Stadium.

OMG, been gone from the area for a long time ( grew up in Kentucky ) but does Buddy LaRosa have the best pizza sauce on the planet or what? They used to have it at King's Island when I was down there.....great memories! That, and Grippo's BBQ chips!!! As for Papa John's the NFL better wake up, players and Goodell alike. I opted over to NASCAR this week, and would probably go to baseball if it was available to watch, NFL has lost a lot of luster in my eyes this year, but of course the Bengals aren't helping much either. College basketball is on tonight, and if the NFL was on, it wouldn't be a consideration for me.
Reply/Quote
Well, looks like I was right...the whole Papa Johns thing was total BS, and just a ploy to help his buddy Jerry Jones. In fact, Papa Johns sales and stock fell AFTER he made the original announcement about the NFL causing falling sales.. He has already apologized to the NFL.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/11/14/papa-johns-apologizes-for-blaming-low-earnings-on-nfl-players-protests/
Reply/Quote
Dude is only interested in looking like he's good buds with Peyton etc. and getting his mug on TV.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 02:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dude is only interested in looking like he's good buds with Peyton etc. and getting his mug on TV.

Yeah, in the advertising game, guys like him are called 'jock sniffers'.  Car dealership owners are particularly notorious.... 

That said, jock sniffers are usually extremely successful and rich business owners...some on their second trophy wife...that have never gotten over being picked last for pick-up games when they were kids. Their success isn't enough...the real middle finger to all those kids back in the hood is that they now hang out with Peyton Manning on national TV. 

Seen it a thousand times.
Reply/Quote
All this coming from the guy who made the claim he'd have to go out of business if the ACA became law..
Sure, there's no possible way to turn a profit if your employees have health insurance.. 
I give him zero credence .. The pizza is plain old run of the mill, absolutely nothing special about it and we're to believe that the entire economy will crumble if his fortune is somehow threatened?  I think not. 
But go ahead and buy into the idea that shitty pizza isn't selling because football players want to be able to voice their opinions.. Sure..makes sense on some other planet, but not the one we live on. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 08:25 AM)grampahol Wrote: All this coming from the guy who made the claim he'd have to go out of business if the ACA became law..
Sure, there's no possible way to turn a profit if your employees have health insurance.. 
I give him zero credence .. The pizza is plain old run of the mill, absolutely nothing special about it and we're to believe that the entire economy will crumble if his fortune is somehow threatened?  I think not. 
But go ahead and buy into the idea that shitty pizza isn't selling because football players want to be able to voice their opinions.. Sure..makes sense on some other planet, but not the one we live on. 

He didn’t claim it would put him out of business. What he tried to do was get people to turn against the ACA because he’d have to raise the price of a pizza by 15 cents to cover his employees. What kind of asshole would refuse to pay 15 cents more if it meant giving someone health insurance?
Reply/Quote
I like how John Schattner donates to Trump and supports him and then Trump publicly tells people to boycott the major industry to which Schattner's business is bootstrapped. Even funnier is that ol' Papa John is one of the faces of right-wing greed and the neo-cons who are protesting the NFL are cheering his loss of business.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:45 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He didn’t claim it would put him out of business. What he tried to do was get people to turn against the ACA because he’d have to raise the price of a pizza by 15 cents to cover his employees. What kind of asshole would refuse to pay 15 cents more if it meant giving someone health insurance?

Either way the notion that the price of pizza is somehow devastating to the economy is absolutely ridiculous. Some of these guys would have you believe that your entire future is directly tied to their personal fortunes and if they lose a dime you'll be out on the streets. Why, if the richest people alive aren't allowed to get even richer they'll all stop wanting to be rich, close down every business and everyone will be out of work forever. 
The next time you find a billionaire who decides that being rich is an undo burden and they're going to stop being rich because of the price of pizza be sure to let us all know.. 
Strange, but there are people who actually believe that foolishness.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote