Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pardoning Flynn?
(12-15-2017, 06:31 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Do you mean the ones who still see nothing wrong with a former American general colluding with the Russians to decide the outcomes of our elections?

Has that actually been proven?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-15-2017, 07:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Trump has the authority to stop the Mueller investigation at any time. He has the authority to fire Mueller if he wanted to.

Actually he can’t fire Mueller directly, only Rogenstein can fire him. Trump can fire Rogenstein if he refuses and replace him with somebody that will. Same move Nixon tried that lead to his resignation. So, please Trump, take this route.
(12-15-2017, 06:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Any federal crime. A POTUS can't pardon a state level crime.

Nor one involved in an impeachment.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-15-2017, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One would think that a pardon is likely coming.  However, I think it will be reserved until things cool down a bit.

A preemptive pardon of a possible co-conspirator/crony in order to obstruct an investigation into his own behavior might not work in Trump's favor.
And things are not going to cool down for a while.

Also, there is lots of legal fuzziness here. A pardon for unnamed crimes committed til new would not cover new crimes, such as new lies to Congress/the FBI.