Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Parting Thoughts for the 2015 Season
(02-08-2016, 06:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The Steeler's 2 wins were with the Bengals backup QB.  I don't agree with anything you said at all in this post.
Sure, we always have excuses for why Bengals go one and done in play-offs. We have a million excuses for losing. Carson got injured, Dalton got injured and many more excuses over the years. Forget that Kitna had team in the lead at halftime. Forget that McCarron threw the game winning touchdown and only way Bengals lose that game with just seconds left is by sloppy, boneheaded play and playing like Bungles. .....So the excuse before was it was Daltons fault....now the excuse is Dalton was injured....but McCarron to AJ Green should have won the game. McCarron had won the game. ...but, this is the Bengals, and they were determined to blow that game at the end. .....Hill, Burfict and Adam Jones stunk up the place the last few seconds and just handed the Steelers an easy field goal. The Steelers did nothing to mount a comeback, the Bengals just turned to Bungles, and that's not McCarrons fault. ....Blaming McCarron excuse isn't going to cut it. ......and this team could not run or block very well, and team still plays like Bungles to often. Much work to do before this team is in a Super Bowl.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:02 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yes but since the Bengals only lost by 3 to Denver while sucking wind in Denver, only being able to play Geno half his usual snaps too. 

This was a very important game to both teams as well and was not overlooked by either team. Will not bring up the back up QB since they started one too. Even if theirs had more games to get acclimated. 

Think it is fair to say Bengals had a legit shot this season if not for losing starting QB. 

Marvy and his p-poor coaching staff lost the season before Dalton got injured!!! Sad
Didn't Marvy say he would leave if he didn't win a playoff game this year???? Smirk I am waiting...
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 07:41 PM)Derrick Wrote: Marvy and his p-poor coaching staff lost the season before Dalton got injured!!! Sad
Didn't Marvy say he would leave if he didn't win a playoff game this year???? Smirk I am waiting...

No Marvin never said that.

But thanks for proving how much you know about the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 07:41 PM)Derrick Wrote: Marvy and his p-poor coaching staff lost the season before Dalton got injured!!! Sad

Referring to what would happen if they won the Super Bowl, Marvin said “I want to hand Mike the trophy, then just walk away”.

My impression is that Marvin did not mean he would retire, but rather he would walk away from the podium and let Mike Brown hold the trophy and soak in the glory.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't matter folks. Football season is over and we all have about 8 months to get all excited and start arguing over whether they are going to win game 1 or lose the next 15 or if it's written in the stars that we're destined to be the long suffering fans of the Bengals forever or if this will be our year to hoot and holler that our team won it all finally..
In the meantime there's always the Reds! ..... yey.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Major disappointment 12 win season wasted
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have the Steelers-Bengals playoff game on DVR and I've watched the game about 4 times. Each time I watch it, I just can't believe how it ended and my stomach turns over.

2015 was our year. I can't believe we don't have a trophy. We'll get 'em next year for sure! (I know, I know....we've heard that one before).

Having said that, I think if Dalton keeps playing well, I don't think anyone in the AFC can stop us. I see Marvin Jones leaving (just like TJ did), but most of the others will stay I believe. It wouldn't surprise me to see Marvin draft a RB again. I'm not sure if Hill deserves an entire season to get back on track. His YPC was poor and he just didn't have that pop it seems. Another year like this one only hurts the team.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 05:55 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Thanks for the fun regular season.

They should just hang a banner of that over every gate at PBS for every home playoff game so we can all reflect on the way out.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote