Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pass Rushers...
(03-08-2021, 11:36 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I wouldn't mind the Bengals kicking the tires on Haason Reddick. Maybe not a 3 down guy, but I think he could replace lot of what Lawson does and should be cheaper.

Always liked Reddick from college, another good name, more of a Linebacker but he can rush the passer which is what we need.

We do a lot of 3-4 packages so he would fit.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Always liked Reddick from college, another good name, more of a Linebacker but he can rush the passer which is what we need.

We do a lot of 3-4 packages so he would fit.

I was looking at some articles on Reddick last week and came across one that talked about how he was miscast as on off-ball linebacker and only came into his own when the cardinals moved him to a pure pass rush role.  

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/21/arizona-cardinals-cant-lose-haason-reddick-pff/

Quote:The Cardinals drafted Reddick with the 13th overall pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, but the returns were very poor through his first three seasons. Reddick produced PFF grades of 54.0, 60.4 and 40.2, respectively.

Arizona finally moved the former Temple Owl from off-ball linebacker to a pure edge rusher this season, and the high-level play they were hoping for soon followed. He graded out at 72.8 overall and recorded an impressive 82.6 pass-rush grade, the 11th-best mark among all edge rushers who played at least 100 snaps.

Reddick is an interesting player to try and re-sign. The Cardinals are strapped for cap space and Chandler Jones has the largest cap hit on the team. The question comes down to how much he will cost. He had 12.5 sacks and 7.5 in the final four games, showing he can explode with production. However, his physical frame suggests he would have to play for a team with a 3-4 defensive scheme. He is too small to play as a 4-3 defensive end and we have seen him try and play an off-the-ball linebacker spot. It was not pretty.

I really don't know if the Bengals utilize enough 3-4 sets to make signing a 3-4 pass rushing OLB worth the cost.   

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 04:26 PM)Burma Wrote: I was looking at some articles on Reddick last week and came across one that talked about how how was miscast as on off-ball linebacker and only came into his own when the cardinals moved him to a pure pass rush role.  

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/21/arizona-cardinals-cant-lose-haason-reddick-pff/

I really don't know if the Bengals utilize enough 3-4 sets to make signing a 3-4 pass rushing OLB worth the cost.   

Thanks for this Burma, I know we are trying to play more 3-4 sets but we aren't a pure 3-4 that is for sure. He still would be a
good pass rusher to pick up though, but purely as a pass rusher. Honestly ADG is kind of in the same mold but can cover better 
once he gets used to the NFL as he is raw. Think we will be looking at more of a 4-3 End rather than a Reddick type.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see us correct a mistake we made it 2015 when we left Bud Dupree on the board and took Ced O.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 02:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd like to see us correct a mistake we made it 2015 when we left Bud Dupree on the board and took Ced O.

Me too but I'm thnking Dupree is gonna get paid 15 +
Reply/Quote
Seriously, it seemed like we did a lot of hybrid 3-4 stuff last year rather than our traditional rush 4 4-3 scheme, then in recent interviews Anarumo says that we are a 4-3. Really throws me for a loop because it's difficult to speculate on the draft and free agency players that would be a perfect fit. Guess Dunlap flipped out too. Bud Dupree, Carlos Basham Jr., Hassan Reddick seem to best fit a 3-4 more than a 4-3. Those are all good choices if we wanted to look more like Pittsburgh. Reader would look good in the middle.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 09:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wanted to start a thread about Pass Rushers in general we could go after in Free Agency, a few names already mentioned...

- Derek Wolfe DE
- Solomon Thomas DE
- Trey Hendrichson DE
- Sheldon Rankins DT 3-tech

Who are your guys? Lou specifically said we are looking at pass rushers in FA.

Good names but Wolfe makes too much sense with the Ohio (and Cincy U) connection but also fitting as UT or DE in a multi-set defense.  Would love Geno on a massive restructure but hopefully he goes to a contender.  If I had to guess, they'll wrap up UT early in FA and wait for the market to settle on adding a vet DE to help them on the edge.  
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 10:09 AM)phil413 Wrote: Good names but Wolfe makes too much sense with the Ohio (and Cincy U) connection but also fitting as UT or DE in a multi-set defense.  Would love Geno on a massive restructure but hopefully he goes to a contender.  If I had to guess, they'll wrap up UT early in FA and wait for the market to settle on adding a vet DE to help them on the edge.  

I think we are going to cut Geno so Sheldon Rankins also just makes too much sense.

Would be more than happy with a Rankins/Wolfe FA for the DL.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 02:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd like to see us correct a mistake we made it 2015 when we left Bud Dupree on the board and took Ced O.

I was screaming at the tv when they passed on Dupree, because I knew Pissburgh wouldn't. Now that he's been there this long, I don't really like him much anymore. He's still good, but he is now a nasty stealer.
Reply/Quote
I like Tarell Basham in the 5-6M range. Going into his age 27 season, he seems to be getting better each season rushing the passer and is a very solid run defender which has value in this division. Ohio U guy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 05:49 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: I like Tarell Basham in the 5-6M range. Going into his age 27 season, he seems to be getting better each season rushing the passer and is a very solid run defender which has value in this division. Ohio U guy

Never saw him play, what team was he on and is he related to Boogie?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 05:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never saw him play, what team was he on and is he related to Boogie?

He's been on the Colts, and most recently the Jets. I liked him coming outta college, but I think he went a bit early (3rd round). He stood out the coupla times I saw him last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 05:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never saw him play, what team was he on and is he related to Boogie?

He was with the Jets last season. He and Boogie are cousins.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 07:48 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: He and Boogie are cousins.

Boogie Cousins?

Doesn't he play basketball.
Reply/Quote
I believe Carl Lawson will cost much more than what many are thinking.

A guy I was interested in, Romeo Okwara from the Lions, was projected to sign a 3 year $30 mill deal. The Lions just re-signed him for 3 and $39 mill. Quite a bit for a guy who has only shown in flashes

Quote:Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Okwara has agreed to a three-year, $39 million deal to remain with the Lions. The edge rusher was No. 40 on PFT’s list of the top free agents.

Okwara was claimed off of waivers by the Lions in 2018 after recording one sack in two seasons with the Giants. He had 7.5 sacks in his first year with Detroit and posted 10 last season after dropping to 1.5 sacks in 2019.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Boogie Cousins?

Doesn't he play basketball.

Mostly sits around collecting a nice paycheck most of these days.
Reply/Quote
Judon just got 56 over 4 with 32 guaranteed. It really seems like Lawson for between 14-15 a year is the sweet spot.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 06:38 PM)jason Wrote: He's been on the Colts, and most recently the Jets. I liked him coming outta college, but I think he went a bit early (3rd round). He stood out the coupla times I saw him last year.

Thanks, haven't seen a Jets game in awhile so understandably I don't remember him.

Might be a good pick up.

(03-14-2021, 07:48 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: He was with the Jets last season. He and Boogie are cousins.

Awesome, lets get them both while adding to the O-line.
Reply/Quote