Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pass blocking scores
So mixon had the highest grade of pass blocking in 2016 coming out. Makes me more sure we let hill go. Interested in anyone can find zekes pass blocking score?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
In case the picture dosent show up.mixon had a score of 98.4, followed by fournette at 96.8, followed by mccaffery at 94.5, followed by cook at 92.8
Reply/Quote
Hill won't be cut. He may get traded if someone needs a back but more likely the bengals hope he does well enough that someone signs him next year for the almighty comp pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 10:19 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Hill won't be cut.  He may get traded if someone needs a back but more likely the bengals hope he does well enough that someone signs him next year for the almighty comp pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Jpoore was more meaning letting Hill go when his contract expires at the end of the year. But I could be wrong?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 09:52 AM)Jpoore Wrote: So mixon had the highest grade of pass blocking in 2016 coming out. Makes me more sure we let hill go. Interested in anyone can find zekes pass blocking score?

I don't know McShay said Zeek was the highest graded pass blocker he had ever scouted at HB, he didn't talk that glowingly of Mixon so I am guessing it isn't quite as high.
Reply/Quote
Found this. It may not be an exact score, but it should give an idea...
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ohio-state-buckeyes-ezekiel-elliott-pass-blocking-stat-nfl-draft-010616

PFF Wrote:Ezekiel Elliott was able to complete the perfect pass blocking season as a running back. He didn’t allow a sack, hit or even a hurry on 103 pass blocking snaps.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 10:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Jpoore was more meaning letting Hill go when his contract expires at the end of the year. But I could be wrong?
This is what i was alluding to.
(05-11-2017, 10:45 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't know McShay said Zeek was the highest graded pass blocker he had ever scouted at HB, he didn't talk that glowingly of Mixon so I am guessing it isn't quite as high.
Yeah, but in reality, did anyone talk about mixon on the field a ton?? It was almost always off the field. Hea not gona be zeek, but if hes even anywhere in the vicinity that would be huge.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 11:22 AM)Jpoore Wrote: This is what i was alluding to.
Yeah, but in reality, did anyone talk about mixon on the field a ton?? It was almost always off the field. Hea not gona be zeek, but if hes even anywhere in the vicinity that would be huge.

Plenty of people did, they normally started by saying "off field issues aside..." .
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I don't think his pass blocking is as big a deal because one of his best traits is his ability to run routes. That is one place where Mixon is undoubtedly better than Zeek. Coming out a scout said that Mixon could be a #3 WR on a lot of teams and so with that, getting him matched up on a LB is a mismatch all day. I think he is running a route more often than we keep him in to block especially if Eiffert misses time. I'd rather keep one of our back up TE's in to block and let Mixon run a route if we are going with 4 guys running routes.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully this means Mixon can help us make teams pay with blitzes by picking us his man to allow deep bombs to AJ and Ross.  I like it
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 11:33 AM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, I don't think his pass blocking is as big a deal because one of his best traits is his ability to run routes. That is one place where Mixon is undoubtedly better than Zeek. Coming out a scout said that Mixon could be a #3 WR on a lot of teams and so with that, getting him matched up on a LB is a mismatch all day. I think he is running a route more often than we keep him in to block especially if Eiffert misses time. I'd rather keep one of our back up TE's in to block and let Mixon run a route if we are going with 4 guys running routes.
Well we see all the time where we put gio in to block. Id rather put gio as a short pass and have mixon blocking. But mixon is a elite route runner in wrs, let alone rb.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 12:59 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Well we see all the time where we put gio in to block. Id rather put gio as a short pass and have mixon blocking. But mixon is a elite route runner in wrs, let alone rb.

I am still waiting to see Gio back on a field before I get to excited. Coming back from an ACL is a big deal. Many people lose some of the explosiveness and it takes a year + to get it back.
Reply/Quote
As a note for everyone remember for RBs blocking it's not just the ability to block, but recognition and intelligence. Rookies typically are not going to be there in their first year so Mixon will not see as many 3rd down snaps as Gio will. Long term he will be great though
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 09:52 AM)Jpoore Wrote: So mixon had the highest grade of pass blocking in 2016 coming out. Makes me more sure we let hill go. Interested in anyone can find zekes pass blocking score?

Mixon is quietly a great RB in all phases....Talent wise, he is the steal of the draft

Attached Files Image(s)

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Mixon's vision and pass blocking will be too good for Hill to start this year and Gio is coming off injury.

I bet Mixon is the starter day one, he is a great pass catcher too. Another reason Hill does not start.

Let Hill punch it in, he is good at that.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Mixon's vision and pass blocking will be too good for Hill to start this year and Gio is coming off injury.

I bet Mixon is the starter day one, he is a great pass catcher too. Another reason Hill does not start.

Let Hill punch it in, he is good at that.

Watch, the Bengals will do their typical "2 drives Player X, 1 drive Player Y" crap.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 03:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Watch, the Bengals will do their typical "2 drives Player X, 1 drive Player Y" crap.

Probably right. Whatever

If we are not in a hurry up it really isn't hard to alternate backs. But if a guy is doing well you should stick with him.
Reply/Quote
With him being an elite prospect as a blocker and receiver, how do you defend him? Add that with the other skill guys and it's only going to help the OL and Andy.
Reply/Quote
HUGE importance in an offense, is the ability for a running back to block. I'm not sure why it isn't more pushed in the NFL. I know in High School they always pushed it, especially with offense that run any sort of shotgun set(s). I'd have running backs train with a line coach once a week to get techniques down. I don't think they need the size or strength that a guard/tackle have. They just need the footwork and hands to make it work.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
One other thing to add is he ran exclusively in shotgun at oklahoma as opposed to the i in hill. Everything is shotgun now, so less choreographing the plays....
Reply/Quote