Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pass blocking scores
(05-11-2017, 09:52 AM)Jpoore Wrote: So mixon had the highest grade of pass blocking in 2016 coming out. Makes me more sure we let hill go. Interested in anyone can find zekes pass blocking score?

Hill will not be let go (cut) in 2017. If Mixon works out and Gio gets back 100% from injury, he likely will not get a second contract and thus will be a FA in 2018.

It would stupid to cut Hill right now, I won't be surprised if Jeremy has a great year for us in 2017 and then many will be yelling at Bengals FO for not resigning him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 10:09 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Hill will not be let go (cut) in 2017. If Mixon works out and Gio gets back 100% from injury, he likely will not get a second contract and thus will be a FA in 2018.

It would stupid to cut Hill right now, I won't be surprised if Jeremy has a great year for us in 2017 and then many will be yelling at Bengals FO for not resigning him.

Jpoore meant that Hill would not be re-signed after his contract is up at the end of 2017. The OP is vague but he clarified this later in the thread.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 01:48 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: HUGE importance in an offense, is the ability for a running back to block. I'm not sure why it isn't more pushed in the NFL. I know in High School they always pushed it, especially with offense that run any sort of shotgun set(s). I'd have running backs train with a line coach once a week to get techniques down. I don't think they need the size or strength that a guard/tackle have. They just need the footwork and hands to make it work.

It's one of the most heavily pushed things in the NFL. That's why those super talented RBs thst make big plays don't get snaps - because they can't pass block worth a crap
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 01:48 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: HUGE importance in an offense, is the ability for a running back to block. I'm not sure why it isn't more pushed in the NFL. I know in High School they always pushed it, especially with offense that run any sort of shotgun set(s). I'd have running backs train with a line coach once a week to get techniques down. I don't think they need the size or strength that a guard/tackle have. They just need the footwork and hands to make it work.

Sproles is one of the best pass blockers in the league and he is like what? 5'8"?

Gio is a better pass blocker than Hill, you are correct, doesn't matter about size.

But Eox is right, this is probably pushed more than anything in the NFL, rightfully so.

Your QB is your most important position.

In the end this doesn't sound good for Hill who i have seen whiff on blocks lots of times.
Reply/Quote
A lot of Hill's issues seem mental. I wonder if he lost confidence after that fumble in the playoff game?

He seems to hesitate too much before hitting holes.

It's like he's thinking instead of just playing football and doing what comes natural to him.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 02:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A lot of Hill's issues seem mental. I wonder if he lost confidence after that fumble in the playoff game?

He seems to hesitate too much before hitting holes.

It's like he's thinking instead of just playing football and doing what comes natural to him.

I distinctly remember when he was coming into the summer of 2015 saying his goal was to try and break more tackles so he could have bigger gains.
http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/17810/bengals-jeremy-hill-hue-jackson-break-tackles-lower-body-acceleration

I think Hill put(s) so much focus into trying to find clear openings and strive for big gains that he's trying to do too much and not getting back to what he does well.
Just be the hammer and churn out consistent yards. He doesn't have to try to take it to the house every play.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I remember as a rookie, Dillon didn't play a lot early in the year because of pass blocking concerns. It's great to hear that Mixon already has that.
Reply/Quote