Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passing game will get well against the Raiders
Raiders game could be "perfect storm" Bengals have been waiting for. If everything goes as planned our passing game should come back to life. Because. . .

1. We have found our running game (back-to-back 100+ yard games).

2. Raiders pass defense ranks 30th is pass efficiency (allowing 109.1 rating), 30th in yards per game (283.2), and 31st in tds (24).

3. Return of A J Green.

4. Return of Cordy Glenn. Not a star, but better than what we have been running out there.

5. Finley is over the "first game jitters".

So, a more calm and confident QB, with a much better WR, a better run game. and a better LT, playing against one of the worst pass defenses in the league.

What could possibly go wrong?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What could possibly go wrong?

Have you seen the Bengals’ defense?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Raiders game could be "perfect storm" Bengals have been waiting for.  If everything goes as planned our passing game should come back to life.  Because.  .  .  

1.  We have found our running game (back-to-back 100+ yard games).

2.  Raiders pass defense ranks 30th is pass efficiency (allowing 109.1 rating), 30th in yards per game (283.2), and 31st in tds (24).

3.  Return of A J Green.

4.  Return of Cordy Glenn.  Not a star, but better than what we have been running out there.

5.  Finley is over the "first game jitters".

So, a more calm and confident QB, with a much better WR, a better run game. and a better LT, playing against one of the worst pass defenses in the league.

Well, I know you're trying to spread some light in the darkness.

Raiders are actually 10th in rushing yards allowed. Probably because everyone just throws on them. Mixon having one game over 100 doesn't exactly set a trend so we'll see there.

3 and 4 just made me laugh. They return to the practice field? Or the doctor?

2 and 5, Finley is who we thought we was. At least most people. 

You are an eternal optimist.
Reply/Quote
If Glenn comes back I wonder if they will slide John Jerry over to LG.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 01:58 PM)Synric Wrote: If Glenn comes back I wonder if they will slide John Jerry over to LG.

Interestingly, they put Andre Smith in for Hart in the past game.
Reply/Quote
Glenn... ?

AJ... ?

Uh... okay.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Raiders game could be "perfect storm" Bengals have been waiting for.  If everything goes as planned our passing game should come back to life.  Because.  .  .  

2.  Raiders pass defense ranks 30th is pass efficiency (allowing 109.1 rating), 30th in yards per game (283.2), and 31st in tds (24).

3.  Return of A J Green.

4.  Return of Cordy Glenn.  Not a star, but better than what we have been running out there.

1.) It took 30 carries for Mixon to get there. (3.8 YPC) We''ve  also had zero rushing td's over that span. Anything under 4 a carry is nothing to be celebrated. It's the equivalent of applauding more rushing attempts.  

2.) They haven't played us. That D will look more than respectable against this turd sandwich of an offense.

3.) He aint playing.

4.) He aint playing either

5.) Who cares? He's got a LONG way to go and he's playing on the worst team in the league. Even with the "jitters" out of the way he's not capable of elevating this dumpter fire.  Dalton couldn't, there's no way he can this quickly.

Our offense will look like garbags and our defense will look worse. The Raiders will win by at least 2 scores and the game will never be in question.

Raiders - 31
Bengals - 13

Tell me I'm wrong, but feel free to revisit this post in a week.
Reply/Quote
Even if the Bengals do win, which I doubt, it won't mean anything at all. This team is so dysfunctional that an accidental win is possible, but isn't anything more than an accident.

Personally, I believe Gunther and Gruden will be looking to pound the Bengals into submission and there Taylor will be clueless as to what to do about it.

Finley will be harassed all day.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 02:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Even if the Bengals do win, which I doubt, it won't mean anything at all. This team is so dysfunctional that an accidental win is possible, but isn't anything more than an accident.

Personally, I believe Gunther and Gruden will be looking to pound the Bengals into submission and there Taylor will be clueless as to what to do about it.

Finley will be harassed all day.

Oh no...we'll be hearing about how Zac knocked off a playoff contender and how we're turning the corner.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 02:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh no...we'll be hearing about how Zac knocked off a playoff contender and how we're turning the corner.

Just a bunch of words that mean nothing at all. We'll turn around and just get punched by Pittsburgh again.

It's so freakin' hard to go 0fer for an entire season that it is rarely done. But I really don't think it will happen with the Raiders.

Reply/Quote

3.  Return of A J Green.

is aj or glenn comfirmed to be playing more so than they were this past week?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 01:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Have you seen the Bengals’ defense?

That's part of what makes the offense so disappointing.  We have a season where almost every game is total garbage time after the first quarter or first half and yet our offense almost never does anything interesting or encouraging.  Auden Tate is consistently good, Mixon at least looks like he is trying for now, and that's about it.

We were playing from behind the entire Ravens game and they only played 3 quarters of football and our offense still posted a delightful -1 net points.  This entire season has been a giant pre-season game and we aren't even flashing hope.  Bogus.
Reply/Quote
Ask Phillip Rivers about getting well against the allegedly bad Raiders pass defense.

Jacobs and Waller ( their TE) will have career games

Finley will get sacked at least 4 times.

Raiders have a great GM, a great coach, a great long term plan, and are way ahead of schedule in the playoff hunt.

We have a pathetic GM, an over his head drowning young coach , and no long term plan.

Good Bengal teams have done awful playing on west coast. This one will get crushed
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 04:06 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Raiders have a great GM, a great coach, a great long term plan, and are way ahead of schedule in the playoff hunt.

The Raiders have ONE winning season in the last SIXTEEN YEARS.

Cracks me up when I see people around here claiming that the NFL needs to step in because the Bengals front office is so incompetent.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 04:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Raiders have ONE winning season in the last SIXTEEN YEARS.

Cracks me up when I see people around here claiming that the NFL needs to step in because the Bengals front office is so incompetent.

Frankly, I can see the Bengals going sixteen years without a winning season under the current arrangement.

The NFL never steps in on owners because of bad team management. It's up to the fans to just refuse to show up. No concession money hits Mikey boy in the pocket book. Lower and lower ticket sales do so as well.

Reply/Quote

3.  Return of A J Green.

What could possibly go wrong ?.......THE RAIDERS IN OAKLAND

Bengals never have played very good at Oakland, or when in LA.

Jon Gruden will out coach Zac Taylor

The Raiders offense is the one that will have a great day against Bengals Worst Defense in the NFL.  Carr will have a huge game.  

The Bengals O Line, Worst In NFL, is why Bengals won't get going on offense

and it is Finley's first road game in NFL

and a team has to be GOOD to win on the road in the NFL, and the Bengals are AWFUL, not GOOD. 

The Raiders are a decent team and they win this home game easy against a Bengals team 1-16 over last 17 regular season games. 

In fact I don't see Bengals winning a game in November either.  They will go to 0-11 easy enough.  That's 1-18 over last 19 games. 

December, there may be a game or two they can win in December.  Maybe the Jets in Cincy.  If they don't beat the Jets in Cincy, they won't beat anybody.  Miami is a road game, and again you have to be GOOD to win on the road. Bengals are NOT good.  The Bengals are indeed not only the worst team in NFL, they are now the worst Bengals team ever over the last 2 years, and that's pretty BAD to be the worst Bengals team ever, because there have been some EL STINKO Bungles teams.

Look for Raiders Nation to have a Fun Day in the Black Hole. Smiles on the Silver & Black Crazies. DR Doom and Darth Vader dancing all over The Black Hole.

PS : It's Funny that Ravens smoke Bengals 49 to 13 and some are saying The Offense Is Rolling Now. ...13 points ....and factor in the offense turnovers gave up 14 points, so the Bengals offense gets a minus 1 in reality.

Again, I see Carr having a huge passing day as all QB's have against Bengals D. I look for Mayfield to have huge games in December on Bengals. The Bengals D has been awful last 2 or 3 years. They have tried 4 different Defensive Coordinators in 3 years, and always the D is Awful. I think we just don't have any good D players, Tobin & Brown over rate them. I'll tell you the truth, this team misses Mauluga, Hall, Nelson, Joseph who were PLAY MAKERS and GAME WINNERS. The players out there now STINK. Every QB Bengals play will have their best game of season against The Bengals. Carr has the ability to have huge games anyway, so I look for the Bengals D to get smoked again next week. Don't you just love last few years all the long bombs every week, and no Bengal 30 yards near the play. Boy, They Stink.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I really hope the Bengals win this game. My boss and I have a bet from before the season. I'll have to dye my beard black with a silver stripe down the middle. And he orange with black tiger stripes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 05:00 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I really hope the Bengals win this game. My boss and I have a bet from before the season. I'll have to dye my beard black with a silver stripe down the middle. And he orange with black tiger stripes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Why would you make that bet?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 01:56 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Well, I know you're trying to spread some light in the darkness.

Raiders are actually 10th in rushing yards allowed. Probably because everyone just throws on them. Mixon having one game over 100 doesn't exactly set a trend so we'll see there.

3 and 4 just made me laugh. They return to the practice field? Or the doctor?

2 and 5, Finley is who we thought we was. At least most people. 

You are an eternal optimist.

Time to see who is going to play and who will lay down,and yes this defense is just awlful and they will not ball out for this coordinator.Seems he is not getting to them and to me our D needs a massive overhaul starting with 2 top linebackers,an edge rusher a dominate NT. Two corners, and safety from ohio state as they have a super good one and please draft CHASE YOUNG WITH YOUR FIRST PICK.That my friends is a no-brainer. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 04:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Frankly, I can see the Bengals going sixteen years without a winning season under the current arrangement.

The NFL never steps in on owners because of bad team management. It's up to the fans to just refuse to show up. No concession money hits Mikey boy in the pocket book. Lower and lower ticket sales do so as well.

The Bengals are the only nfl team that the franchise 
does not get a percentage of sales from concessions. Mikey has it on a set fee contract and if sales exceed a specified amount then aramark has to give them more. He could care less if concessions are down. It only hurts aramark.
Reply/Quote