Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passing game will get well against the Raiders
(11-11-2019, 04:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Raiders have ONE winning season in the last SIXTEEN YEARS.

Cracks me up when I see people around here claiming that the NFL needs to step in because the Bengals front office is so incompetent.

The Bengals Front Office IS the WORST in the NFL.  No play-off wins since Paul Brown died 30 years ago, and in that time more 0-4 starts than any other team.   Since mid season of 2018, the Bengals are 1-16 in regular season games.  Mike Brown, Katie Brown, Paul Brown Jr,  Charlie Brown, Buster Brown, Joe E Brown, Roscoe Lee Browne and their dog Duke are just nepotism at it's worst.  People say who they miss, I MISS PAUL BROWN.  Team hasn't been right since he died, except Marvin came in here and got more out of team than anybody since Paul Brown died.  That is the thing about Marvin here so long, people forget how bad Mike Brown had this team from 1991 to 2002. Marvin was also upset Mike Brown didn't keep Whitworth and let both Jones and Sanu go, one should have been resigned. So again, Mike is a huge factor in Marvins downhill slide since 2015, as Mike broke up the team.

Mike Brown, no play-off wins in 30 years and more 0-4 starts than any team also. P.U.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 06:36 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: The Bengals are the only nfl team that the franchise 
does not get a percentage of sales from concessions. Mikey has it on a set fee contract and if sales exceed a specified amount then aramark has to give them more. He could care less if concessions are down. It only hurts aramark.

Interesting. I didn't know that. Mike Brown must have expected to suck ass.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 04:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Raiders have ONE winning season in the last SIXTEEN YEARS.

Cracks me up when I see people around here claiming that the NFL needs to step in because the Bengals front office is so incompetent.

Gruden and Mayock have not been there 16 years. I thought you would know that. Sorry
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 07:12 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Gruden and Mayock have not been there 16 years. I thought you would know that. Sorry

Gruden and Mayock are 9-16 so far with the Raiders.  I thought you would know that.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 07:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Gruden and Mayock are 9-16 so far with the Raiders.  I thought you would know that.

They inherited a piece of crap team- just as bad as the Bengals- and are doing something about it.

They hired a great coach with credibility and a very smart GM well respected throughout the league.

For example, the Raiders  will kill the Bengals this week in part because of our going on 20 year game plan of not defending Tight ends.

How many years do we have to watch tight ends endlessly kill this team before they invest in some linebackers who can cover tight ends?

You make lots of good points and know more facts than anyone of this board.  I have great respect for you because of that.

but any attempt to defend the Bengals organization or say it isn't one of  the worst in professional sports ( not just the NFL:) is not supported by any facts over the last 30 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 05:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why would you make that bet?
Well it was before the season lol. I didnt think they would be good but, I was hoping they'd look at least as good as last year. It's a washable dye, not one those long lasting kinds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 02:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Even if the Bengals do win, which I doubt, it won't mean anything at all. This team is so dysfunctional that an accidental win is possible, but isn't anything more than an accident.

Personally, I believe Gunther and Gruden will be looking to pound the Bengals into submission and there Taylor will be clueless as to what to do about it.

Finley will be harassed all day.

Josh Jacobs is the real deal and will b e pounding it all day against our pathetic D Line and Lbs  Have you watched the Raiders this yr? They are a good respectable squad and Derek Carr has looked  good. Gunther is going to be dialing up some serious heat on Finely , If we had a decent coaching staff I would give them a chance but not with D Shula II.  running this mess.     
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 01:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Have you seen the Bengals’ defense?

Too bad we aren't playing them.

Fred didn't say we would win, just that we look better losing Tongue
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 08:18 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Josh Jacobs is the real deal and will b e pounding it all day against our pathetic D Line and Lbs  Have you watched the Raiders this yr? They are a good respectable squad and Derek Carr has looked  good. Gunther is going to be dialing up some serious heat on Finely , If we had a decent coaching staff I would give them a chance but not with D Shula II.  running this mess.     

I agree with you. Gruden is going to pound the Bengals. I really don't see the Bengals even making it close.

It's getting to the point where Dave Shula should feel insulted when people compare Taylor to him. Shula wasn't this bad.

Reply/Quote
Well....

Finley: 13-31 115 yards 0 TD 1 INT 39 Rating.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Raiders game could be "perfect storm" Bengals have been waiting for.  If everything goes as planned our passing game should come back to life.  Because.  .  .  

1.  We have found our running game (back-to-back 100+ yard games).

2.  Raiders pass defense ranks 30th is pass efficiency (allowing 109.1 rating), 30th in yards per game (283.2), and 31st in tds (24).

3.  Return of A J Green.

4.  Return of Cordy Glenn.  Not a star, but better than what we have been running out there.

5.  Finley is over the "first game jitters".

So, a more calm and confident QB, with a much better WR, a better run game. and a better LT, playing against one of the worst pass defenses in the league.

What could possibly go wrong?

Lets hear it for the "realist"

[Image: giggle.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 10:43 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well....

Finley: 13-31 115 yards 0 TD 1 INT 39 Rating.

My prediction was based on Green and Glenn playing.

Plus Finley has had so little work with the first team that it is really like he is still in college.  Next year will be his rookie season.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 10:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My prediction was based on Green and Glenn playing.

Plus Finley has had so little work with the first team that it is really like he is still in college.  Next year will be his rookie season.

Your prediction was stupid.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 10:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My prediction was based on Green and Glenn playing.

Finley isn't even looking like an option to start next year, if the plan is to avoid playing a new rookie qb.

We will need to sign a VET as a bridge QB.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote