Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passing this much is not sustainable
SF gave up 120+ on the ground yesterday. Should be a good chance to get the ground game going this Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Their line was bad.  One guy got ejected and one got injured and it was a mess. Baker apparently left the game with his throwing hand wrapped up.  Look at their upcoming schedule...I think they're dead before the hit the ground.

IT'S OVA!!!!!!  STAY DOWN, KID!!!

Who saw that one coming? 

Oh right...  Tongue
Reply/Quote
As far as the offense not be sustainable, I think it's time some people took a step back and admit that despite all the offseason grumbling this coaching staff might just know what they're doing. Other teams will adjust but it's not like our staff won't do the same. ZT and BC are 1 for 1 on proving they know how to take what the defense is giving them and that bodes well.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A lead backer or more pulling would have been more effective than a better line (to a point) IMO yesterday. I saw holes open up on the first level and the LB was right there waiting on our runner. Their leading tackler on the Dline had only 2 solo tackles.

Good point. I agree....backers and DBs made a living making tackles on us, a lead blocker might have helped some.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 03:46 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: And how bout Sweet Lou's defense? I certainly didn't expect that. 

Amen! That was sick. In haven’t seen defensive line stunts like that since Mike Zimmer was here and except for the no safety over the top on Seattle’s last touchdown pass, the secondary played extremely well.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Amen!  That was sick.  In haven’t seen defensive line stunts like that since Mike Zimmer was here and except for the no safety over the top on Seattle’s last touchdown pass, the secondary played extremely well.

I know it's only one game, but that was a vast improvement. Another thing I noticed, for the most part, the DEs played disciplined ball and maintained their lanes on contain. Also, Big Los did a helluva job on Wilson when he was asked to be the spy.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 03:46 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep, and we might not see it anyway after the barrage of yards in the air. Went deep, went short, and when the backers cheated up, they ran curls intermediate between them and the DBs. These cats know modern NFL offense. And how bout Sweet Lou's defense? I certainly didn't expect that. 

I was starting him on my fantasy team, but I loved it when Vigil stuck Carson behind the LOS... I've not seen that kind of enthusiasm on the defensive side of the ball in years.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:43 PM)jason Wrote: I was starting him on my fantasy team, but I loved it when Vigil stuck Carson behind the LOS... I've not seen that kind of enthusiasm on the defensive side of the ball in years.

Whatever Lou has done, he has them playing fast and decisive. Sure they blew a couple of assignments, but it was overall a much improved performance.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:01 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Who saw that one coming? 

Oh right...  Tongue

The only reason I wanted to see the Browns not be awful is because so many Steeler lovers think it's bold to predict they would be awful.

Of course they said they were going to be better on offense without AB and Bell, too.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:10 PM)NKURyan Wrote: As far as the offense not be sustainable, I think it's time some people took a step back and admit that despite all the offseason grumbling this coaching staff might just know what they're doing. Other teams will adjust but it's not like our staff won't do the same. ZT and BC are 1 for 1 on proving they know how to take what the defense is giving them and that bodes well.

Consider that the last year's coaching staff opened up with two sound wins against two 10-6 playoff teams. This year's staff opened with a loss to a 10-6 playoff team. Not saying all those teams are equal, but last year's team at this point was rolling.

Reply/Quote