Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passport
Im an idiot and just realized my passport is expired. I leave for my honeymoon on September 14th to Aruba.

Anyone ever do the expedited option for a passport? Its an extra 60 bucks and they say it takes 2-3 weeks. Im wondering how long it really takes and if I should start freaking out yet....
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I wouldnt wonder, I would pay the $60 and get on it.....today....or youre not going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
stop reading this post and get that thing sent in expedited. now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You should worry. My wife paid the fee for the expedited delivery and didn't get it for over a month. I'm not saying that that's always the case, but it was this time. You should get it today, and if you can, slide your honeymoon back a couple of weeks.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Im paying the fee and sending it in tomorrow. I was never doubting paying the fee, just curious how long it actually takes.
Reply/Quote
I got a passport same day when I realized that my passport was expired and was travelling the next week. It just sucks that you have to pay more for expedited. Don't sweat it too much, but get it done.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 06:03 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I got a passport same day when I realized that my passport was expired and was travelling the next week. It just sucks that you have to pay more for expedited. Don't sweat it too much, but get it done.

How in the hell did you get it same day?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 06:05 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: How in the hell did you get it same day?

You go in early (I drove into Boston,) pay an absolutely absurd amount of money (price of stupidity, let's be honest, if you're planning an international trip the first thing you should do is make sure you have passport/visa) and they do it for you same day.

Edit: I'm pretty sure you have to apply in person to do same day/ next day. It was about 5 years ago so my memory is not 100% reliable. It was either same day or next day, but I know both are possible.
Reply/Quote
Well, disaster avoided.

Just looked at my current passport and it doesnt expire until 2018. Thank the lord.
Reply/Quote
I know it may mean extra, but couldn't you pay a little extra to zip the speed up on your passport. Meaning get it earlier.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 07:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Well, disaster avoided.

Just looked at my current passport and it doesnt expire until 2018. Thank the lord.

Double check the expiration date. Some countries require that your passport be valid for at least 6 months after the date of your trip.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 08:48 PM)Beaker Wrote: Double check the expiration date. Some countries require that your passport be valid for at least 6 months after the date of your trip.

2018. Im good. Might want to have the fiance check hers tho. Hers expires in October of this year. 
Reply/Quote