Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat McAfee comments on Burrow injury; criticizes organization
https://youtu.be/nwPMAuCnuo4
Reply/Quote
Let me guess, it happened because we have no indoor training facility?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let me guess, it happened because we have no indoor training facility?

He basically said they didn't protect him enough and said he was tough
Reply/Quote
I didn’t hear much criticism. They actually said Zac is in a tough situation trying to win and move the ball on offense while also needing to protect the QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I didn’t hear much criticism. They actually said Zac is in a tough situation trying to win and move the ball on offense while also needing to protect the QB.

...and that's pretty much the deal. It all boils down to "we don't value the guard position that much". ***** moron owner strikes again. Water is wet. The sun is bright.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
According to him Cincinnati is flat
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: ...and that's pretty much the deal. It all boils down to "we don't value the guard position that much". ***** moron owner strikes again. Water is wet. The sun is bright.

Their approach this offseason was so incredibly ass backwards, IMO. If you're going to draft a QB at 1OA and spend money in free agency, you focus that money on beefing up the o-line as much as possible. You overspend on a G and T, not a CB. The defense could have waited till 2021 to address. Protecting your franchise QB in his first year should have been priority 1, 2 and 3. Going into the season thinking Jordan and Hart were good enough options, and a mediocre XSF would solidify the line...it was just irresponsible and incompetent, whether Burrow got injured or not.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Their approach this offseason was so incredibly ass backwards, IMO. If you're going to draft a QB at 1OA and spend money in free agency, you focus that money on beefing up the o-line as much as possible. You overspend on a G and T, not a CB. The defense could have waited till 2021 to address. Protecting your franchise QB in his first year should have been priority 1, 2 and 3. Going into the season thinking Jordan and Hart were good enough options, and a mediocre XSF would solidify the line...it was just irresponsible and incompetent, whether Burrow got injured or not.

I said this all last off-season.  They didn't address the OL, they didn't do enough to address the WR room, and they didn't address their RB depth.  

What's even worse is they had the perfect fall guy for not winning this year in Lou.  If the offense was humming, you could just chuck him under the bus and can him at the end of the year.  It wasn't like he was their first choice, anyways.  
Reply/Quote
I watched it live today. He literally said Zack stinks bad...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Their approach this offseason was so incredibly ass backwards, IMO. If you're going to draft a QB at 1OA and spend money in free agency, you focus that money on beefing up the o-line as much as possible. You overspend on a G and T, not a CB. The defense could have waited till 2021 to address. Protecting your franchise QB in his first year should have been priority 1, 2 and 3. Going into the season thinking Jordan and Hart were good enough options, and a mediocre XSF would solidify the line...it was just irresponsible and incompetent, whether Burrow got injured or not.

It's how the league is now too. The Big12 pro edition.. You need a powerhouse offense... No defense is really gonna shut down KC.. You gotta be able to score with them. The raiders are close...
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: ...and that's pretty much the deal. It all boils down to "we don't value the guard position that much". ***** moron owner strikes again. Water is wet. The sun is bright.

Not to start a derail from the OP, but your comment brought something that I recently read to mind.  If you get the opportunity to read it, The Athletic recently wrote an article on Marvin Lewis, most of the article was on his time with the Bengals.  Long story short, it pretty much confirmed what most of us had long suspected, as far as Marvin's struggles with the front office over player/personnel decisions.  The telling quote was along the lines of Mike Brown wanting a team of Ferraris, and Marvin preferring to have a team of players made by Caterpillar..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to start a derail from the OP, but your comment brought something that I recently read to mind.  If you get the opportunity to read it, The Athletic recently wrote an article on Marvin Lewis, most of the article was on his time with the Bengals.  Long story short, it pretty much confirmed what most of us had long suspected, as far as Marvin's struggles with the front office over player/personnel decisions.  The telling quote was along the lines of Mike Brown wanting a team of Ferraris, and Marvin preferring to have a team of players made by Caterpillar..

well then I guess all Bengal fans are F'ked, cause he groomed Katie to be just like him..
Reply/Quote

I agree. Here's a pretty good article on it by Ben Baby. I noticed the line "Taylor has been forced to defend an oline that....". That pretty much sums it up when you work for Son of Paul. The stats say the line has improved, and it has, but Jordan is like Billy Price, another OSU failure. 

The problem with spending that kinda coin on the defense this season is that the two biggest hauls have not played or barely played. Mackenzie has been hurt some.....this season, this whole year in general has just flat out sucked. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/32758

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to start a derail from the OP, but your comment brought something that I recently read to mind.  If you get the opportunity to read it, The Athletic recently wrote an article on Marvin Lewis, most of the article was on his time with the Bengals.  Long story short, it pretty much confirmed what most of us had long suspected, as far as Marvin's struggles with the front office over player/personnel decisions.  The telling quote was along the lines of Mike Brown wanting a team of Ferraris, and Marvin preferring to have a team of players made by Caterpillar..

It's always been that way with this moron.

Reply/Quote