Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat- Your Opinion On The Lamar Extension?
(03-27-2023, 03:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Didn't he already say he wants to be traded if the Ravens don't give him 50m/year?

I thought they put the non-exclusive tag on him so they could match it when no other team gives him 50m/year, but it's hard to keep up with all this bullshit.

I don't think any team is going to bite and give him that kind of money, so maybe we luck out and he holds out long enough to piss off his teammates that he won't take a contract worth more in one year than they'll ever see in their lifetime, or maybe he holds out long enough that the Ravens can't get a decent replacement, or who knows what the other possibilities are, but I'm loving this!

Here's the timeline.

TAG can be applied from late Feb-March 7th.
-  Lamar and Ravens had/have been in negotiations for months
-  Lamar asks for a trade March 2 before the Tag deadline of March 7th
-  Ravens decide NOT to do Lamar's work for him, give him the non-exclusive TAG, basically saying "Trade yourself."
-  Lamar waits 3 weeks to let the world know he asked for a trade, when usually agents let it slip immediately, so the timing looks weird in this case.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m interested in seeing how this works out. It doesn’t look like any team wants to give up 2 #1s and have to pay him but he’s burning the Baltimore bridge so where does that leave him? Maybe sign with Balt then they work out a deal with the Colts?

And I think that this place has always been a shit show!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 09:37 AM)Stewy Wrote: Here's the timeline.

TAG can be applied from late Feb-March 7th.
-  Lamar and Ravens had/have been in negotiations for months
-  Lamar asks for a trade March 2 before the Tag deadline of March 7th
-  Ravens decide NOT to do Lamar's work for him, give him the non-exclusive TAG, basically saying "Trade yourself."
-  Lamar waits 3 weeks to let the world know he asked for a trade, when usually agents let it slip immediately, so the timing looks weird in this case.

Lamar the Player is pretty good..

Lamar the Agent... isnt getting recommended to anyone
Reply/Quote