Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Peterson
105.7 the fan Baltimore was just saying the Bengals are trying to work something out with the cardinals before 4pm,they said there sources are telling them the cardinals want a 1st and 2nd round pick because Peterson's deal won't be up until 2020,that's alot to give but I'm for it...
Reply/Quote
Yes please
Reply/Quote
And Andy Dalton is black
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not seeing it, but I'd sure welcome it! I agree, OP, a 1st and 2nd are a lot to give. Maybe we can package a player and a pick?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
"The Bengals could shoot for the stars and offer a massive package of a first-round pick, a future third-round pick, John Ross, and then another capable lineman. Toss in the Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald who could use a solid offense to be productive and you might have the trade of the season."

Wouldn't that be that great?

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/30/patrick-peterson-solve-bengals-defensive-woes-nfl-trade-deadline/

Reply/Quote
The only thing Mike Brown values more than draft picks is his money. Sorry, no soup for you. Sad
Reply/Quote
Oh please let this happen. Veteran leadership AND All-Pro skill in our secondary? Yes please
Reply/Quote
Don't believe this.
Reply/Quote
Not just no but F no..... a 1st and 2nd for a corner, when we have decent corners as soon as they are healthy? So basically you all want to give up any hopes of getting a good offensive Guard, a good right tackle, a new Tight End, and the upcoming Defensive Line picks in the next draft are killer. For a corner.... maybe if it were a linebacker who could stop a TE across the middle, but a corner...… really?
Reply/Quote
Fact no corner on this roster is as good as patrick peterson
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 04:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Fact no corner on this roster is as good as patrick peterson

And Patrick Peterson is not worth throwing away our chances of fixing our lines in the next draft....
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 04:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not just no but F no..... a 1st and 2nd for a corner, when we have decent corners as soon as they are healthy? So basically you all want to give up any hopes of getting a good offensive Guard, a good right tackle, a new Tight End, and the upcoming Defensive Line picks in the next draft are killer. For a corner.... maybe if it were a linebacker who could stop a TE across the middle, but a corner...… really?

(10-30-2018, 04:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Fact no corner on this roster is as good as patrick peterson

This is the answer......we're talking the 3rd ranked corner in all of football.  Hell, offer them one of our corners....lol.

All for naught though, ain't happenin'.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 04:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is the answer......we're talking the 3rd ranked corner in all of football.  Hell, offer them one of our corners....lol.

All for naught though, ain't happenin'.

The moot point is Wyche, we give up a 1st and a 2nd to get Peterson, and yeah, we have terrific corners. Still can't do shit with our Oline, or replace some on the dline, but hey, look at our superstar corner. We simply have bigger needs and giving away a 1 and a 2 would have been insane.
Reply/Quote
This would not be a good deal for us. Not as bad as taking Ross with the #9 pick in the draft, but not good either.
Reply/Quote
Even if it would have happened, defense would still have had some big issues. As Peterson is doing his job, the rest of the defense is playing to Benny Hill music. Probably not worth it until other players get smarter and coaching gets better.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The moot point is Wyche, we give up a 1st and a 2nd to get Peterson, and yeah, we have terrific corners. Still can't do shit with our Oline, or replace some on the dline, but hey, look at our superstar corner. We simply have bigger needs and giving away a 1 and a 2 would have been insane.

I said I wouldn't like giving up a 1st and 2nd in my first post.....but a package deal with a player or two and 2nd or future pick?  I'd entertain the idea. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: I said I wouldn't like giving up a 1st and 2nd in my first post.....but a package deal with a player or two and 2nd or future pick?  I'd entertain the idea. :andy:

Right, and I would love to have Peterson here, but like I said in my 1st post, no way we should give up a 1 and a 2, which is what they are, or were,  asking.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, and I would love to have Peterson here, but like I said in my 1st post, no way we should give up a 1 and a 2, which is what they are, or were,  asking.

Yep, and no one took them up on it, it seems.  No way I'd mortgage the first two rounds of next year for him with the other holes we have, but I would definitely entertain the idea of a couple players and a 2nd, or some future picks.  Like I said though, all for naught.  Guys like Buchannon or Cook is who I would have targeted due to poor LB play and depth concerns at TE.

Reply/Quote
Well this obviously wasn't going to happen. It's not necessary either, IMO.

Simply firing Teryl Austin would do wonders
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 04:30 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: 105.7 the fan Baltimore was just saying the Bengals are trying to work something out with the cardinals before 4pm,they said there sources are telling them the cardinals want a 1st and 2nd round pick because Peterson's deal won't be up until 2020,that's alot to give but I'm for it...

Would i love to have Peterson here? Hell yes, but not for that especially when we have decent Corners.

We need a cover Linebacker or a playmaking TE.
Reply/Quote