Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots Not Considering Dalton
WhoDey2  I still have to think there's already some kind of deal in place with NE for Dalton. Player-player trade would be best. Dalton for some kind of draft pick this year or next at the least.

I say this because of an article I read by a Boston Sports writer who thinks TB12 left NE because of BB decision to not play a certain CB in their Super Bowl loss to the Eagles. Anyway, the line in the article was "no real information gets out of BB's mothership in Foxbourough".

I think the deal hinges on clearing medical exams by teams med staff, and we all know that's not happening in the near future. Announcements won't be made by any party until everything is in place...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 12:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Joe Burrow is upset because a 32 year old QB who acts like Mr. Rogers and hasn't had a winning season in 5 years is "looking over his shoulder" he might not have what it takes. 

Where did I say Burrow would be upset?  I'm just saying, you're asking for unnecessary attention if Dalton sticks around. It's just plain stupid and even the Bengals know it.  
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 12:15 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  I still have to think there's already some kind of deal in place with NE for Dalton. Player-player trade would be best. Dalton for some kind of draft pick this year or next at the least.

I say this because of an article I read by a Boston Sports writer who thinks TB12 left NE because of BB decision to not play a certain CB in their Super Bowl loss to the Eagles. Anyway, the line in the article was "no real information gets out of BB's mothership in Foxbourough".

I think the deal hinges on clearing medical exams by teams med staff, and we all know that's not happening in the near future. Announcements won't be made by any party until everything is in place...

The dolphins have done all medicals and signed all FAs to this point
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 12:19 PM)spazz70 Wrote: The dolphins have done all medicals and signed all FAs to this point

WhoDey2  They've had to do them through a fax machine. If BB is trying to replace a GOAT candidate, he's gonna want to see this person in person...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 12:19 PM)spazz70 Wrote: The dolphins have done all medicals and signed all FAs to this point

The NFL, after prohibiting teams' doctors from examining prospects, announced that third party doctors can be used.  I believe that's how Brady passed a physical and that's what's probably going to have to happen with everyone.  Sounds like that's what will happen with Tua.  The first name that springs to my mind who will have to go this route is Cam Newton.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Fwiw, it just came out that Cam Newton is being released.

They share some similarities on the market: Same age as Dalton, also has only one year left on deal, and his contract is in the same ball-park (20 mil vs 17.5)

Obviously a lot more goes into a trade, like skillset and fit, but I have a feeling the market for QB's has dried up. At least to the point where you'll see any trades of note.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty convinced at this point that we'll hang on to Dalton long enough to trade him during the draft, or shortly after, find no takers, and release him around the end of April.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 12:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, it just came out that Cam Newton is being released.

They share some similarities on the market: Same age as Dalton, also has only one year left on deal, and his contract is in the same ball-park (20 mil vs 17.5)

Obviously a lot more goes into a trade, like skillset and fit, but I have a feeling the market for QB's has dried up. At least to the point where you'll see any trades of note.

While in same draft class and close in age, far different medical history. Cam has not looked good since his second shoulder surgery. A team can't count on him to beat others with his feet anymore as his body has gone through hell.

Cam is not a true pocket passer, he is (was) and elite athlete that caused defenses to always account for his straight RB plays or scrambles. 

I think Cam will get a job, but I see him more like a Robert Griffin III now at this stage of his career. A very good back up, but a risk to be a starting QB.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 01:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: While in same draft class and close in age, far different medical history. Cam has not looked good since his second shoulder surgery. A team can't count on him to beat others with his feet anymore as his body has gone through hell.

Cam is not a true pocket passer, he is (was) and elite athlete that caused defenses to always account for his straight RB plays or scrambles. 

I think Cam will get a job, but I see him more like a Robert Griffin III now at this stage of his career. A very good back up, but a risk to be a starting QB.

I beg to differ about Cam and he vs Dalton. In 2018, he threw at a 68% accuracy as opposed to Dalton's 61%. He threw for way more yardage and TD's as well. As long as he can throw for any interested team and pass a physical, he'll be a better prospect than Dalton. Everyone always says that Dalton is a better fit for BB. But, in 2017, they almost had Identical years, and Cam blew Dalton away in every category in 2018.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 12:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, it just came out that Cam Newton is being released.

Agreed, though there is one difference.  Cam has to prove he is healthy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 01:26 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I beg to differ about Cam and he vs Dalton. In 2018, he threw at a 68% accuracy as opposed to Dalton's 61%. He threw for way more yardage and TD's as well. As long as he can throw for any interested team and pass a physical, he'll be a better prospect than Dalton. Everyone always says that Dalton is a better fit for BB. But, in 2017, they almost had Identical years, and Cam blew Dalton away in every category in 2018.

When did Cam have shoulder surgery?

I loved Cam, but a QB with shoulder injuries is a huge risk. Ask Andrew Luck and the Colts.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 12:15 PM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: Where did I say Burrow would be upset?  I'm just saying, you're asking for unnecessary attention if Dalton sticks around. It's just plain stupid and even the Bengals know it.  

I don't see how much attention it would get.  Besides, Bengals fans are constantly lamenting how the media never talks about us and only cares about the Cowboys and Steelers.  I sincerely doubt the Dalton vs. Burrow battle would becomes some giant spectacle.
Reply/Quote