Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots @ Steelers Game Day
(12-18-2017, 11:14 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I never put money on games, but I don't have to go to work today, or tomorrow, or again at all until 03 January. So there is that.

I do have a job interview, today, though.

I saw that!

God speed!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:14 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I never put money on games, but I don't have to go to work today, or tomorrow, or again at all until 03 January. So there is that.

I do have a job interview, today, though.

Will they let you sit around reading long monotonous policy papers?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Wives will be beaten tonight because they lost in such a way.  I feel sorry for them.
You've had me loling at a few of your posts lately!

This one has me ROLLING more than just my usual means of moving around!
(12-17-2017, 10:01 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: A dumb rule I agree, but as long as it stands as a rule, it's going to be called every time, at least it should.
How is it a dumb rule?

If you can't keep control when it hits the ground or is contacted, did you ever really have control?

On Around The Horn, they were talking about how a runner can dive into the endzone or just hold it out, and once they cross the line, it's a touchdown, but they had control prior to the crossing the line.
(12-17-2017, 10:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Stupid rule but it was called as written.
Not stupid.

Having control of the ball throughout he catch and end of the play is just football.  

If you want to argue that it's not, then you have to count every ball that a receiver drops in the endzone or catches for half a second in the air that then gets knocked out or he drops as a touchdown.

Control the ball throughout the process and there is no murky waters.
(12-18-2017, 10:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: Moving is not incomplete unless he is out of bounds or the ball hits the ground.

It was not indisputable.

But, again, doesn't matter because I didn't have money on the game and I had to go to work either way.   Smirk

It was indisputable that he didn't have control of it throughout the process.

If he was bobbling it like that and went out of bounds, would it be a catch or incomplete?  

It would be incomplete, and there's your answer.
Reply/Quote
Here's my 2 cents....

The rulebook says that he must "maintain control until after his initial contact with the ground." Did James do that? Well here's what happened. James catches the pass, James knee hit the ground (still has control), James reaches the ball over the goalline (still has control), simultaneously James elbow hits the ground (still has control), James hands hit the ground in the end zone (he loses control). In order for the call to be correct, ALL of this has to be considered 'initial contact.' And if James were a few feet closer to the endzone when he caught it and his momentum carried the ball into the endzone, it would be correct. But the act of him deliberately reaching the ball over the goalline (a football move) makes it different and changes it. Common sense dictates that the reaching (a football move) is a separate event from his knee hitting the ground and therefore separates the initial contact from the elbow and hands hitting the ground, secondary contacts. 

IMO, bad call. Now Im not blaming the loss on this, nor am I implying a conspiracy against the Steelers and for the Patriots, I just simply think that they blew the call. For what it's worth, Ed McCaffrey and Brian Billick both agree as per their discussion on Sirius NFL Radio yesterday morning (I actually hijacked this from Ed. It's his opinion and I agree).  
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 09:16 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Here's my 2 cents....

The rulebook says that he must "maintain control until after his initial contact with the ground." Did James do that? Well here's what happened. James catches the pass, James knee hit the ground (still has control), James reaches the ball over the goalline (still has control), simultaneously James elbow hits the ground (still has control), James hands hit the ground in the end zone (he loses control). In order for the call to be correct, ALL of this has to be considered 'initial contact.' And if James were a few feet closer to the endzone when he caught it and his momentum carried the ball into the endzone, it would be correct. But the act of him deliberately reaching the ball over the goalline (a football move) makes it different and changes it. Common sense dictates that the reaching (a football move) is a separate event from his knee hitting the ground and therefore separates the initial contact from the elbow and hands hitting the ground, secondary contacts. 

IMO, bad call. Now Im not blaming the loss on this, nor am I implying a conspiracy against the Steelers and for the Patriots, I just simply think that they blew the call. For what it's worth, Ed McCaffrey and Brian Billick both agree as per their discussion on Sirius NFL Radio yesterday morning (I actually hijacked this from Ed. It's his opinion and I agree).  

And here's your change....

One blown call? Must be rough. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
[Image: 25443290_938853556269753_507759407059709...e=5AFF1405]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote