Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots cutting C- Bryan Stork
Per PFT the Patriots are releasing their starting center Bryan Stork. Now obviously there must be a majorly big reason they are doing so. he was 7th rated center on PFF last season. He would be an upgrade over Bodine if there isn't a smoking gun. Possibly worth kicking the tires on him at least

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/24/patriots-to-cut-starting-center-bryan-stork/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It would be worth much more than kicking the tires.
Reply/Quote
Head case who cannot control his emotions.... pass...
Reply/Quote
Has to be something wrong with him. Otherwise why cut a 25-year-old who's under cheap salary for the next two years?

That said, don't buy into PFF's OL rankings too much. Tom Brady is the only QB who has a quicker release time than Andy Dalton last I heard, so both of them make their OL look a lot better than an average QB in that category would.

Also I can't remember the last time a player was cut from the Patriots for a non-monetary or non-age related reason and they went on to have success elsewhere.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He has a history of concussions, with the last one occurring last month. Now he cannot control his emotions and is fighting with everyone. Head case....
Reply/Quote
He's had a concussion history but he's healthy now. The Piano man won't bring serious competition in for Bodine though. Heck they haven't even worked Westerman in at C when most analysis said that was his best position and compared him to Mack.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Each time you are concussed, it is easier for the next one. He has a history of them, and just suffered one last month. There's a reason Belicheat showed him the door. We do not need that problem.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Each time you are concussed, it is easier for the next one. He has a history of them, and just suffered one last month. There's a reason Belicheat showed him the door. We do not need that problem.

And with the way offensive lineman bust heads with d-lineman every single play his history would be a liability. He's being cut for a reason, and that reason could be he's done. Head injuries are nothing to sneeze at, if his concussion issue is as bad as it seems, he could be headed for early retirement. 

Plus, It's much harder to just plug a center into your system from the outside than many think. When it comes to calling out protections and getting everyone set, they are the QB before the QB.  only the fans are looking to replace bodine and I can't argue with the team if only because of continuity.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Each time you are concussed, it is easier for the next one. He has a history of them, and just suffered one last month. There's a reason Belicheat showed him the door. We do not need that problem.

This has actually been found to be false. Your likely hood of getting concussions increase from not taking enough time to properly heal and rehab.

On Stork, no way he clears waivers, I bet Miami grabs him with Pouncey being injured and getting some info on Pats.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:22 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: And with the way offensive lineman bust heads with d-lineman every single play his history would be a liability. He's being cut for a reason, and that reason could be he's done. Head injuries are nothing to sneeze at, if his concussion issue is as bad as it seems, he could be headed for early retirement. 

Plus, It's much harder to just plug a center into your system from the outside than many think. When it comes to calling out protections and getting everyone set, they are the QB before the QB.  only the fans are looking to replace bodine and I can't argue with the team if only because of continuity.

Even though that "continuity" is easily the weak link on the offensive line?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:52 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: This has actually been found to be false. Your likely hood of getting concussions increase from not taking enough time to properly heal and rehab.

He just had one...... and now he's getting into fights with everyone and getting kicked out of practices. PASS!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:59 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Even though that "continuity" is easily the weak link on the offensive line?

Yes because the center/quarterback relationship is much more important than most think. If a center gets inserted into a brand new scheme, with a brand new QB, it is normally not a smooth transition. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for them getting a new starting center, but being over halfway through camp, only if it's someone that we already have on the roster that knows the system and is a more than capable replacement. And to this point it seems nobody fits that bill, or at least that is what we are to believe.

Reply/Quote
Better than Bodine, probably, but you'll never convince Paul Alexander.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 12:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He just had one...... and now he's getting into fights with everyone and getting kicked out of practices. PASS!!!

we all know those patriot dudes are all dicks...  no wonder hes fighting with them all the time maybe hes the cool guy lol
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:59 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Even though that "continuity" is easily the weak link on the offensive line?

Obviously, didn't the Bengals learn their lesson when they replaced Akili Smith with Carson Palmer? Ruined the continuity. Then went and ruined it again by getting Dalton to replace Palmer.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't hurt to bring him in for a meeting. Worst case scenario, his injuries still linger and have changed his personality, so we're back to just Bodine.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 12:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Obviously, didn't the Bengals learn their lesson when they replaced Akili Smith with Carson Palmer? Ruined the continuity. Then went and ruined it again by getting Dalton to replace Palmer.

1. Carson Palmer did not replace akili smith, he replaced Jon kitna 

2. Carson Palmer sat an entire year and learned the system before starting.

C. Fair enough on Dalton but I would argue he had more time to learn the scheme and more time to gel with his teammates, so the situation is a little different.

A for effort though!

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 12:47 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Wouldn't hurt to bring him in for a meeting. Worst case scenario, his injuries still linger and have changed his personality, so we're back to just Bodine.

It would take an act of congress to convince us to go away from Bodine. Once PA backs a dude, we can go ahead and put him in the Ring of Honor, no matter how terrible he is.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 01:07 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: 1. Carson Palmer did not replace akili smith, he replaced Jon kitna 

2. Carson Palmer sat an entire year and learned the system before starting.

C. Fair enough on Dalton but I would argue he had more time to learn the scheme and more time to gel with his teammates, so the situation is a little different.

A for effort though!

Disagree because he came into a situation where they were still trying to get Palmer back, EVERYONE was learning a new scheme, and Dalton couldn't work with coaches and had a shortened offseason due to the CBA contract. There was actually a lot of set backs for Dalton's rookie season, so it's certainly surprising how well the entire team did in a rebuilding year.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
 Depends on how you define success, but I'd say these guys have all had success after leaving NE.

Wes Welker (just one season really, he was getting old)
Danny Woodhead
Shane Vereen
Law Firm
Ben Watson
Ty Law 
Lawyer Milloy
Richard Seymour
Vince Wilfork

They do have a good track record, but like every team, they do ditch useful players sometimes.

(08-24-2016, 11:22 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Plus, It's much harder to just plug a center into your system from the outside than many think. When it comes to calling out protections and getting everyone set, they are the QB before the QB.  only the fans are looking to replace bodine and I can't argue with the team if only because of continuity.

Because Bodine struggled picking up the system as a rookie, right? Heck, Jeff Faine was serviceable and he learned on the fly.

(08-24-2016, 01:07 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: C. Fair enough on Dalton but I would argue he had more time to learn the scheme and more time to gel with his teammates, so the situation is a little different.

You're forgetting about the lockout.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote