Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots exploring idea of fire sale. Multiple players reported on block but….
Gesecki is my knight in shining armor.

The compensation floated around is a 7th rounder due to Gesecki’s age, production, and only being on a 1 year contract.

Would you trade a 7th rounder for half a season of Mike Gesicki?

Yep i sure would.

Source is Patriots beat writer Doug Kyed. https://x.com/dougkyed?s=21&t=nYAt5_wi3MjjIfOKBI8DBA

This is just his X page. But this was discussed and he had tweets acknowledging that he did report the information so I’m going to believe it. Also the Patriots freaking suck so why wouldn’t they be? They don’t suck like us either. We win our next 3 games and we’re 6-3 and look like contenders for the 1 seed. They win their next 3 games and they are still 5-5 and have little hope to make a real run
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Easy yes! Mike Onwew at LG would be a nice addition!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If I were the Bengals, I'd look more at approaching Carolina about reacquiring Hayden Hurst.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say no to the Bengals making a move for Christian Barmore.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 10:20 AM)Housh Wrote: Gesecki is my knight in shining armor.

The compensation floated around is a 7th rounder due to Gesecki’s age, production, and only being on a 1 year contract.

Would you trade a 7th rounder for half a season of Mike Gesicki?

Yep i sure would.

Source is Patriots beat writer Doug Kyed. https://x.com/dougkyed?s=21&t=nYAt5_wi3MjjIfOKBI8DBA

This is just his X page. But this was discussed and he had tweets acknowledging that he did report the information so I’m going to believe it. Also the Patriots freaking suck so why wouldn’t they be? They don’t suck like us either. We win our next 3 games and we’re 6-3 and look like contenders for the 1 seed. They win their next 3 games and they are still 5-5 and have little hope to make a real run

I'd prefer Henry
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 01:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'd prefer Henry

Same here. I’d hope we contact them about getting Henry for a late pick.
Reply/Quote
I love all these trade scenarios, but i don't think there's a chance in Hell the Bengals will do one thing before the deadline. Hope i'm wrong, but i see the FO going in savings mode for Chase's next contract. I just wish once the FO would go "all in" on a season during the season!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 12:10 PM)Synric Wrote: I wouldn't say no to the Bengals making a move for Christian Barmore.

That would be a good pickup.  The question is do they want to deal Barmore and at what cost.
Reply/Quote
Any move would have happened during the bye. That would have made the most sense to get someone acclimated for his week.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 10:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Any move would have happened during the bye. That would have made the most sense to get someone acclimated for his week.

Yeah but sometimes teams think they’ll get out of a hole and then they realize they either can’t or them getting out of a hole will do nothing but screw up their draft pick they decide to be open to trades
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 01:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'd prefer Henry

(10-25-2023, 02:17 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Same here. I’d hope we contact them about getting Henry for a late pick.

Sign me up for Hunter Henry over Gesicki as well.

(10-25-2023, 02:34 PM)Tomcat Wrote: I love all these trade scenarios, but i don't think there's a chance in Hell the Bengals will do one thing before the deadline. Hope i'm wrong, but i see the FO going in savings mode for Chase's next contract. I just wish once the FO would go "all in" on a season during the season!

Same way I feel, wish we would go all in for once.

(10-26-2023, 03:17 PM)Housh Wrote: Yeah but sometimes teams think they’ll get out of a hole and then they realize they either can’t or them getting out of a hole will do nothing but screw up their draft pick they decide to be open to trades

It is all good if we beat the 49ers and go on a tear, but if we lose and get desperate for a trade then it was a poor none move.

Like JJ22 said, the trade should of happened during the bye week regardless. Highly doubt anything happens now dang it all.
Reply/Quote
I think if a trade for Hurst was in the works we could do that at any time because he knows the system.

If we were wanting to trade for anyone else I’d assume that we would’ve done that trade before the bye for obvious reasons.

But also remember some teams don’t really make guys available until close to the deadline
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 04:08 PM)Housh Wrote: I think if a trade for Hurst was in the works we could do that at any time because he knows the system.

If we were wanting to trade for anyone else I’d assume that we would’ve done that trade before the bye for obvious reasons.

But also remember some teams don’t really make guys available until close to the deadline

We are not gonna bring Hurst back. We don't value him at $7 mil. For 3 years. 
Reply/Quote
https://overthecap.com/player/hunter-henry/4748

Hunter Henry is 29 years old and on the last year of his Pats contract. The Pats have no chance at doing anything in 2023. Henry is not a cheap 2023 rental, but Pats may eat some his salary. If not, it appears he would cost around 5 million and then he is a FA in 2024 (potential comp. pick or sign him). We could keep Smith as he is very inexpensive and no cap savings by cutting him. Or cut him and give Henry the roster spot.

He can block and he can catch the football.

I know Bengals rarely make trades during the season, but I hope they consider it. If not a TE, we need a disrupting pass rusher at DT.

After yesterday, I am optimistic but the AFC is loaded with great QB's and we have 3 very good defenses in our division.

Thoughts?????
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 02:34 PM)Tomcat Wrote: I love all these trade scenarios, but i don't think there's a chance in Hell the Bengals will do one thing before the deadline. Hope i'm wrong, but i see the FO going in savings mode for Chase's next contract. I just wish once the FO would go "all in" on a season during the season!

Acquiring these guys really won't cost much money.  Most of the players are on short deals and the team moving on from them picks up a decent amount of the remaining salary.

Money really isn't an issue.
Reply/Quote