Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots fined and lose 2021 3rd round pick for filming incident last year
https://nfltraderumors.co/patriots-fined-1-1m-lose-2021-3rd-rd-pick-for-videotaping-incident-last-year/

Looks like they actually followed up on the incident last year where they got caught filming the Bengals sideline.  

$1.1 million fine and loss of 2021 3rd round pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Something tells me that the entire Patriots organization is going to be in rebuild mode, quite soon.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2020, 09:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Something tells me that the entire Patriots organization is going to be in rebuild mode, quite soon.

They just signed Cam Newtown.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
They are also banned from filming any games this season and "senior club officials" will have required training on league operation and game policies.

Doesn't sound like the type of punishment for that you would be required for an innocent mistake, as NE claimed...
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2020, 10:07 PM)jason Wrote: They just signed Cam Newtown.

Cam is alright, but he's no Tom Brady.  He's a "draw it up in the sand" kind of QB, while Brady is more of "run the system to perfection" type of QB.  That is a pretty stark transition for Bill B. to have to get acclimated to.  Can't wait to see how this one plays out.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2020, 10:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Cam is alright, but he's no Tom Brady.  He's a "draw it up in the sand" kind of QB, while Brady is more of "run the system to perfection" type of QB.  That is a pretty stark transition for Bill B. to have to get acclimated to.  Can't wait to see how this one plays out.

Bill's seems to have done pretty well with whatever he's been given. That defense is still good, and I'd expect them to be run heavy on offense this year. I'm guessing Cam comes in with a chip on his shoulder. I'm most interested to see how Bill deals with Newton's wardrobe... You know that shit's not gonna fly. He didn't even want Chad to have Ocho Cinco on his jersey.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2020, 10:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Cam is alright, but he's no Tom Brady.  He's a "draw it up in the sand" kind of QB, while Brady is more of "run the system to perfection" type of QB.  That is a pretty stark transition for Bill B. to have to get acclimated to.  Can't wait to see how this one plays out.

And I wonder how going "off script" with some regularity will fit in with the hoodies game plans ?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2020, 07:49 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And I wonder how going "off script" with some regularity will fit in with the hoodies game plans ?

Who knows?  Maybe it's in Darth Hoodie's master plan to "tank for Trevor"?  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I predicted it months ago and was basically laughed at.  Belichick would never be interested in a weirdo like Cam.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Cheaters gonna cheat.
Reply/Quote

yes to a one year cheap contract.. Cam might have seen his best days behind him... I see him as a gap QB for a year.. as they probably have a losing record and get a decent draft pick for their future QB.. 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2020, 12:59 PM)McC Wrote: I predicted it months ago and was basically laughed at.  Belichick would never be interested in a weirdo like Cam.

It just seemed whatever they were trying to do never worked out.. signing Cam (  has been hurt last two years) to a cheap 1 year and with the lack of moves they have made sure seems like a gap year before a rebuild.. they are in a bad division so they still might get to 9-7/10-6  but im predicting 7-9 or 8-8 and will be picking their future QB in 2021 draft.. I don;t see Cam holding up with their line.. Brady was great at getting ball out quick to the right WR.. this has never been Cams real strength.. but he does have the GOAT as the Coach so he might be able raise Cam's game if he can stay healthy
Reply/Quote