Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
Tom Brady has officially announced he is leaving the Patriots

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wowowowowowowow... A Patriots team without TB to start the year since 2000...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 09:57 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Wowowowowowowow... A Patriots team without TB to start the year since 2000...

We’re officially in Bizzaro World...

Reply/Quote
Dalton and AJ to the Patriots.

Thurney and a 2nd rounder to the Bengals.

- - - - - - - - - -

Matter of time.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
You know, I'm surprised. I honestly thought that he and the Pats would figure out a way.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton and AJ to the Patriots.

- - - - - - - - - -

Matter of time.

[Image: 6gRCnAr.gif]
Reply/Quote

- - - - - - - - - -

Matter of time.

They don't have a 2nd. It is interesting though because the Patriots have been in on Hopkins and Diggs, however that may have been to try and keep Tom and with him gone they may not want the vet receiver anymore. A package with Dalton and AJ makes sense though in the thought that you could at least be competitive day 1.
Reply/Quote
did he announce where hes going?
Reply/Quote
At this point, I'll be happy to receive any pick for Dalton. I just want to see the Bengals do something!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:14 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: did he announce where hes going?

no he didn't, just that he was leaving.  The Bucs or Chargers seem like the most logical landing spots

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:24 AM)pally Wrote: no he didn't, just that he was leaving.  The Bucs or Chargers seem like the most logical landing spots

The most active team in FA is Miami. Maybe a Dolphin is Tom's next gig.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 09:53 AM)pally Wrote: Tom Brady has officially announced he is leaving the Patriots

This is GREAT news for the Bengals.  Although I can't see Brady going to Tampa, he could very well end up a Charger.  If that happens, the job at Tampa, NE, Indy, and possibly Chicago are all in play.  I honestly can't imagine any of the other FA QBs being better fits at NE or Indy.  I think Arians wants a cannon-armed guy, but not sure if there is one available.  

It would seem that Mariotta and Winston would not be the best fit in NE or Indy for that matter...And I just don't know what I think about Bridgewater.  Great guy, and solid QB, but is he your franchise QB?  If the Bengals somehow wrestle a 2nd or even 3rd round pick for Dalton, I would be ecstatic.  And I wouldn't have to trade back at #33 for the additional pick (although I still would consider it as there is so much talent around picks 70-80).
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:15 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: At this point, I'll be happy to receive any pick for Dalton.  I just want to see the Bengals do something!

We're going to do so many things. 

Cut Glenn, no compensation
Franchise broken down injury prone AJ Green
Cut Dalton, no compensation
Re-sign a bunch of bad players to inflated deals, hurray Vigil
Sign 2-3 bottom tier players to 2 year deals

Keep the rest of our cap for rookies and injuries. 

Blame the virus for a 2020 blunder. 
Reply/Quote
We say the Patriots "jump to the lead" for Dalton as though we're certain they're running in this race.

For all we know, they have no desire to acquire the Reddish Rocket.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

- - - - - - - - - -

Matter of time.

Most people would instantly shoot this down, but it actually makes a ton of sense.  You could release Miller and apply his dollars to Thuney.  The trade would have to be contingent on Thuney signing a new deal (not sure how that works if the pats would have to draw it up then trade him, but he has been franchised).  

LG solved for at least 6 years.  

The Pats don't have a 2nd rounder (right now) so maybe they give us their first for our 3rd in this scenario...or thier first for our 3rd and our 6th, maybe?  Whatever points equals out to a strong 2nd rounder.  The Bengals could use that pick on one of the stud WRs and then go after the safety or LB (whichever is rated higher) in Rd 2.  Man, can you imagine having two first rounders and three picks in the top 33?  

Financially, it works.  As much as I don't think the Bengals will part with Green....if you look at him objectively, he has been injured a lot.  He is 32 when the season starts.  He also has not been a dominant WR for several years.  

It is essentially Thuney for Green and a 2nd rounder for Dalton.  It is fair.  They need the WR, and we need the LG.  I like the idea.  I don' think the Bengals would do it...the pats might.  
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:55 AM)Sanforbd Wrote: We're going to do so many things. 

Cut Glenn, no compensation
Franchise broken down injury prone AJ Green
Cut Dalton, no compensation
Re-sign a bunch of bad players to inflated deals, hurray Vigil
Sign 2-3 bottom tier players to 2 year deals

Keep the rest of our cap for rookies and injuries. 

Blame the virus for a 2020 blunder. 
Cry
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 11:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Most people would instantly shoot this down, but it actually makes a ton of sense.  You could release Miller and apply his dollars to Thuney.  The trade would have to be contingent on Thuney signing a new deal (not sure how that works if the pats would have to draw it up then trade him, but he has been franchised).  

LG solved for at least 6 years.  

The Pats don't have a 2nd rounder (right now) so maybe they give us their first for our 3rd in this scenario...or thier first for our 3rd and our 6th, maybe?  Whatever points equals out to a strong 2nd rounder.  The Bengals could use that pick on one of the stud WRs and then go after the safety or LB (whichever is rated higher) in Rd 2.  Man, can you imagine having two first rounders and three picks in the top 33?  

Financially, it works.  As much as I don't think the Bengals will part with Green....if you look at him objectively, he has been injured a lot.  He is 32 when the season starts.  He also has not been a dominant WR for several years.  

It is essentially Thuney for Green and a 2nd rounder for Dalton.  It is fair.  They need the WR, and we need the LG.  I like the idea.  I don' think the Bengals would do it...the pats might.  

Only because he hasn’t been on the field. The last time he did play he had almost 700 yds and 6 TD in 9 games.

His problem has never been performance.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:04 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: You know, I'm surprised. I honestly thought that he and the Pats would figure out a way.

From what I understand, the "discount" contracts Tom has been taking, and taking one year at a time, essentially put the Pats in a corner where his contract is a huge one year hit.  Almost made it impossible financially.  I thought he would just retire.  He still might.  
Reply/Quote
Everything is coming up Milhouse.
Reply/Quote
A Dalton trade involving Thuney just doesn't make sense. We've never paid guards top dollar, and we'd have to. And since he's a FA, he'd have to agree to the deal - another unlikelihood.

Thuney is rumored to be on the block, and probably is if the Pats want a QB and to be able to add weapons around him. But they'll most likely need to flip him to somebody else before they can acquire Dalton.

I would take pick #100 overall in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote