Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
Given NE's cap situation, I wouldn't be surprised if they offered Dont'a Hightower. We'd then pay him (I think) 8.75 million as our new SAM.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
Dark horse in New England could be Jacoby Brissett. The Patriots drafted Brissett and he started games a few years back during Brady's suspension when Garapolo got hurt. He knows the staff and the culture and the Colts are looking to move on from him (Potentially signing Rivers). A similarly beneficial contract like Dalton but with the upside of youth and familiarity.
Reply/Quote
There may not be a line.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is GREAT news for the Bengals.  Although I can't see Brady going to Tampa, he could very well end up a Charger.  If that happens, the job at Tampa, NE, Indy, and possibly Chicago are all in play.  I honestly can't imagine any of the other FA QBs being better fits at NE or Indy.  I think Arians wants a cannon-armed guy, but not sure if there is one available.  

It would seem that Mariotta and Winston would not be the best fit in NE or Indy for that matter...And I just don't know what I think about Bridgewater.  Great guy, and solid QB, but is he your franchise QB?  If the Bengals somehow wrestle a 2nd or even 3rd round pick for Dalton, I would be ecstatic.  And I wouldn't have to trade back at #33 for the additional pick (although I still would consider it as there is so much talent around picks 70-80).

Great post Racer, I agree on most of it. We couldn't get a 2nd for him though. But, NE has (3) 3rd Rounders.
And now, maybe there becomes a bidding war for Dalton between Chicago and NE, both rumored to want him. If you add Indy into the mix, now you're really talking about something. Lol

And, regardless of Dalton trade, I'd still like to see the Bengals trade back at #33 unless there's just some crazy talent that somehow falls out of 1st round that is shocking and they have to take.
There's too much talent in this draft and I think a team will want to trade up to their spot so badly they'll give up a 3rd round pick to them.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There may not be a line.

There is still time for a team to make Hue Jackson their GM before the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Now Cam Newton, 1st overall pick in same AD 2011 draft has permission to seek trade. Get the popcorn, this could be interesting.

I know it is way out there, but what if Bengals traded Dalton for Cam straight up, then drafted Young with 1st pick???

I know unlikely, but who knows.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I just saw a rumor that the Patriots are showing interest in Teddy Bridgewater. I hope somehow the work a trade for Dalton though.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Maybe Bengals sign Brady.

Then we don't need to upgrade any other positions because great QBs make everyone around them better.
Reply/Quote
There are still many QB options out there for a squad like the Patriots. Perhaps we're jumping the gun and being overly optimistic we'll get a decent pick from them for Dalton?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I just saw a rumor that the Patriots are showing interest in Teddy Bridgewater.  I hope somehow the work a trade for Dalton though.

Even if they thought Dalton was slightly better than Teddy they don't have to give up pick/player to get him and they could get him cheaper on a multi-year deal instead of 1 yr/$17 million.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Now Cam Newton, 1st overall pick in same AD 2011 draft has permission to seek trade. Get the popcorn, this could be interesting.

I know it is way out there, but what if Bengals traded Dalton for Cam straight up, then drafted Young with 1st pick???

I know unlikely, but who knows.

Time would only tell if that was a good move or not, but between the fans being furious and the plague upon us I can't see the franchise making it through the next year or so.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:37 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: There are still many QB options out there for a squad like the Patriots.  Perhaps we're jumping the gun and being overly optimistic we'll get a decent pick from them for Dalton?

I have said this all along.

This is probably the worst year ever to be trying to trade a QB.  I have never seen so many starting QBs possibly changing teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if they thought Dalton was slightly better than Teddy they don't have to give up pick/player to get him and they could get him cheaper on a multi-year deal instead of 1 yr/$17 million.

Bridgewater is reportedly seeking a deal in excess of $20 Mil per year, so I don't think it would be cheaper.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have said this all along.

This is probably the worst year ever to be trying to trade a QB.  I have never seen so many starting QBs possibly changing teams.

Yep.  Methinks our chance to get a blockbuster deal for Dalton only existed when the Skins lost Alex Smith and had Gruden at HC.
Reply/Quote
Dalton was a second round pick, has had a decent career, and is older; he's not an up and coming talent. I'd be happy if we landed a fifth round pick for him.
Reply/Quote
I will say it would be very interesting to see what the hoodie could do with AD.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton and AJ to the Patriots.

Thurney and a 2nd rounder to the Bengals.

- - - - - - - - - -

Matter of time.

Man, the Patriots will REALLY be in full "Tanking for Trevor" mode then.  
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I will say it would be very interesting to see what the hoodie could do with AD.

If the Pats want Dalton as their starter, I'd wager the hoodie is certain Dalton's prime-time and playoff woes are staying in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:07 PM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: Man, the Patriots will REALLY be in full "Tanking for Trevor" mode then.  

We said the Patriots are interested in Dalton, not Zac Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:44 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Bridgewater is reportedly seeking a deal in excess of $20 Mil per year, so I don't think it would be cheaper.

That's crazy.

Bridgewater never looked close to  $20 million QB until he was surrounded by multiple Pro Bowl weapons with an offensive genius head coach in New Orleans.
Reply/Quote