Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-17-2020, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That's crazy.

Bridgewater never looked close to  $20 million QB until he was surrounded by multiple Pro Bowl weapons with an offensive genius head coach in New Orleans.

Bridgewater does seem like one of those "awesome off the bench, middling as a starter" sort of QBs ala Nick Foles or Matt Flynn.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bridgewater does seem like one of those "awesome off the bench, middling as a starter" sort of QBs ala Nick Foles or Matt Flynn.

"Asking for" $20 million and "getting" $20 million are two different things.  

I think most teams would prefer Dalton over Bridgewater.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Now Cam Newton, 1st overall pick in same AD 2011 draft has permission to seek trade. Get the popcorn, this could be interesting.

I know it is way out there, but what if Bengals traded Dalton for Cam straight up, then drafted Young with 1st pick???

I know unlikely, but who knows.

Patriots have don't have enough cap money to afford Newton's $21+ million salary and he is coming off 2 years of injuries.  Dalton would be the better bet

Brissett would be the same hit as Newton

Winton or Bridgewater could probably be gotten cheaper but they both have red flags.  Winston with his interceptions and field decision making which would make adapting to a Belichik system tough.  Bridgewater has played only 1 complete season in his career

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton and AJ to the Patriots.

Thurney and a 2nd rounder to the Bengals.

- - - - - - - - - -

Matter of time.

Pretty please....
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That's crazy.

Bridgewater never looked close to  $20 million QB until he was surrounded by multiple Pro Bowl weapons with an offensive genius head coach in New Orleans.

Oh, I agree. Just goes to show that Dalton at 17 MIL a year is a bargain given his experience and 5 trips to the playoffs. Plus, given he is under contract for just 1 more year, it can be a prove it type year for Dalton before the team he goes to decides if they want to re-sign him.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Asking for" $20 million and "getting" $20 million are two different things.  

I think most teams would prefer Dalton over Bridgewater.

Yeah, you always ask high...especially in the bedroom *nudge nudge*

(03-17-2020, 01:19 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Oh, I agree. Just goes to show that Dalton at 17 MIL a year is a bargain given his experience and 5 trips to the playoffs. Plus, given he is under contract for just 1 more year, it can be a prove it type year for Dalton before the team he goes to decides if they want to re-sign him.

True, but time will tell if that is offset by having to actually pry him from a GM who isn't desperate to keep his job.
Reply/Quote
Dalton has a lot going on. He's not aged out in his 40s and doesn't have an extensive injury history. Much of his lack of playoff success can easily be pinned on the Bengals as a team and not all on Dalton. If I were Andy Dalton right now I'd be feeling like I owned the cat bird seat.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I just saw the Colts are finalizing a deal with Rivers. So the QB pool is shrinking a bit.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:33 PM)pally Wrote:

Smart. Joe Brady going after a guy that knows and has run a similar system to what he did at LSU.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:36 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I just saw the Colts are finalizing a deal with Rivers.  So the QB pool is shrinking a bit.

It's looking like Dalton's options would be the Patriots or LA/TB that Brady leaves in the lurch.  Hot take....we cut Dalton and he ends up on the Steelers.

EDIT - Bears just signed Robert Quinn, so they seem to be eating up too much cap to make that bold QB move they said they would.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:36 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I just saw the Colts are finalizing a deal with Rivers.  So the QB pool is shrinking a bit.

I expected this.  Rivers has ties to the current Colt coaches.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's looking like Dalton's options would be the Patriots or LA/TB that Brady leaves in the lurch.  Hot take....we cut Dalton and he ends up on the Steelers.

EDIT - Bears just signed Robert Quinn, so they seem to be eating up too much cap to make that bold QB move they said they would.

weird cause they didn't have much cap space... if they are making a QB move their will be some cap causalities.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: weird cause they didn't have much cap space... if they are making a QB move their will be some cap causalities.

They free'd 13 Million but cutting Floyd.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bridgewater does seem like one of those "awesome off the bench, middling as a starter" sort of QBs ala Nick Foles or Matt Flynn.

Was matt Flynn the guy that came in for Green bay 1 game then never started again dispite being paid well?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: weird cause they didn't have much cap space... if they are making a QB move their will be some cap causalities.

Maybe they'll sign that QB who was tearing it up in the XFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Was matt Flynn the guy that came in for Green bay 1 game then never started again dispite being paid well?

Yeah, filled in for Rodgers during some starter benching end season game or two and played lights out and managed to get contracts from Seattle and Oakland before he flopped out.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Was matt Flynn the guy that came in for Green bay 1 game then never started again dispite being paid well?

SIX TOUCHDOWN PASSES in one game off the bench.  Made himself more money in one day than any player in NFL history.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: SIX TOUCHDOWN PASSES in one game off the bench.  Made himself more money in one day than any player in NFL history.

yep that's who I thought it was.... Was trying to recall his name the other day...
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I just saw a rumor that the Patriots are showing interest in Teddy Bridgewater.  I hope somehow the work a trade for Dalton though.

I just read Carolina is going to sign Teddy
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote