Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-17-2020, 01:19 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Oh, I agree. Just goes to show that Dalton at 17 MIL a year is a bargain given his experience and 5 trips to the playoffs. Plus, given he is under contract for just 1 more year, it can be a prove it type year for Dalton before the team he goes to decides if they want to re-sign him.

Teams are also free to  negotiate prior to the trade since Bengals gave permission. So a team wanting longer deal could come into play. It would add to AD's trade value.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If the Colts sign Rivers as it looks like they will, the Patriots may just snag former Pats guy, Brisett, and figure plugging him in is easier than trying to trade for Dalton. I'll admit I tend to slag on MIke Brown so I'm imagining him demanding something absurd for Dalton and then just playing the "I've got all the time in the world" card until he gets what he deems to be a fair deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Asking for" $20 million and "getting" $20 million are two different things.  

I think most teams would prefer Dalton over Bridgewater.

Didn’t Tannehill just get almost $30 mil/yr? If he’s worth that then Teddy is worth $20 mil and Dalton is a huge steal at $17 mil.

Also if Tannehill is worth that then the actual star QB’s should be looking for $40mil/yr when they negotiate extensions
Reply/Quote
Maybe Cam Newton ends up the next NE QB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:25 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe Cam Newton ends up the next NE QB.

Yer darn tootin they could get Cam Newton!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yer darn tootin they could get Cam Newton!

I'm kinda shocked the Panthers prefer Bridgewater over Cam.  So much for concocting some magic scheme to trade up for Burrow.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe Bengals sign Brady.

Then we don't need to upgrade any other positions because great QBs make everyone around them better.

Brady at this stage is playing for title shots. The Bengals under Mike Brown have never been close to playing for one. Brady isn’t signing here.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:36 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Brady at this stage is playing for title shots.  The Bengals under Mike Brown have never been close to playing for one.  Brady isn’t signing here.

Plus, there's that little issue of Brady being washed up.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:36 PM)McC Wrote: I'm kinda shocked the Panthers prefer Bridgewater over Cam.  So much for concocting some magic scheme to trade up for Burrow.

Maybe the Panthers know something the rest of us don't about Newton. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe the Panthers know something the rest of us don't about Newton. 

He wants out and they've made it clear they aren't desperate to keep him.  They're rebooting and Brdgewater is a stopgap. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If the Colts sign Rivers as it looks like they will, the Patriots may just snag former Pats guy, Brisett, and figure plugging him in is easier than trying to trade for Dalton.  I'll admit I tend to slag on MIke Brown so I'm imagining him demanding something absurd for Dalton and then just playing the "I've got all the time in the world" card until he gets what he deems to be a fair deal.

Well, the Bengals aren't surging out of the gate yet in free agency. Maybe Mike holds on to Andy to excuse any lack of excitement in free agency.

Then we'll trade him in August for a 4th rounder and act like we won big. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He wants out and they've made it clear they aren't desperate to keep him.  They're rebooting and Brdgewater is a stopgap. 

Is it necessary to sign a stopgap when you already have one?  Plus, Cam has said his being traded was not his idea.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:38 PM)McC Wrote: Plus, there's that little issue of Brady being washed up.

Honestly, I think the Pats schemed around Brady's deteriorating arm strength.

If he keeps playing and goes elsewhere, I expect his decline to be more apparent.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, the Bengals aren't surging out of the gate yet in free agency. Maybe Mike holds on to Andy to excuse any lack of excitement in free agency.

Then we'll trade him in August for a 4th rounder and act like we won big. Mellow

My sources tell me that the Bengals brass had a teleconference meeting yesterday and Duke said he wanted to call so and so and so and so yesterday and Mike said FA doesn't start until Wednesday.  They reminded Mike that it was the legal tampering period.  Mike, lawyer that he is, told them there's no such thing as legal tampering and that is that.  And then Mike said wake me up Wednesday and we'll jump right in.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, I think the Pats schemed around Brady's deteriorating arm strength.

If he keeps playing and goes elsewhere, I expect his decline to be more apparent.

He still made plays last year, but he had a lot of un-Brady-like moments and throws.  The last throw he will ever have made as a Pat was a hideous pick 6.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe the Panthers know something the rest of us don't about Newton. 

I get a we're smarter than everybody else vibe from the new Panthers operation.  Time will tell if it turns out to be true.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, the Bengals aren't surging out of the gate yet in free agency. Maybe Mike holds on to Andy to excuse any lack of excitement in free agency.

We can't do much in FA with Daltons salary on the books, can we? So yeah...holding onto Dalton for that Palmer style cash in trade leads to free agency paralysis.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 03:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, I think the Pats schemed around Brady's deteriorating arm strength.

It wouldn't shock me at all if we get a retirement announcement in a bit. What does he have to keep playing for ? Another blown out knee from some stud DE ?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:03 PM)McC Wrote: I get a we're smarter than everybody else vibe from the new Panthers operation.  Time will tell if it turns out to be true.

For good or ill they are owned by a self made success new to the NFL and not some 90 year old fossil that inherited the team. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:01 PM)McC Wrote: He still made plays last year, but he had a lot of un-Brady-like moments and throws.  The last throw he will ever have made as a Pat was a hideous pick 6.

Forgot about that, and good to see you again.
Reply/Quote