Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots look beatable
Anyone watch the pats colts game last night? I watched it until half time but they certainly look beatable. Gronk didn't have any catches in the first half. I think they're the only threat in the AFC, especially since the Broncos look like garbage with Peyton throwing ducks. Let's hope the Steelers don't continue to get lucky.

WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
I was thinking the same thing last night... It wasnt the revenge butt whooping that everyone was making it out to be. Colts hung in there and had a chance, and the Colts are terrible this year.
Reply/Quote
The deal is the Steelers are making the playoffs this year. Like they say, as long as you get in, you have a chance.

It will be a whole new ball game. But I think the Bengals are starting to realize who their mascot is; the tiger is done being beat up and is beginning to growl back.
  • Stealth
  • Speed
  • Power
  • Beauty
  • Intelligence
  • Fearsomeness
The attitude of Adam Jones is proliferating through the offense.

[Image: Bengal_Tiger_in_Bangalore.jpg]
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Having home field advantage in the playoffs is huge! Would love to get the first round bye and play everyone in the jungle.

Every team is beatable if we stay healthy.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
We need to hope the Jets and Dolphins both do what they did yesterday. That's 4 very difficult division games for the Patriots.

vs Jets (week 7)
vs Dolphins (week 8)
at Giants (week 10)
at Broncos (week 12)
at Jets (week 16)
at Dolphins (week 17)

Those are the 6 games the Pats "could" lose, IMO. The Bengals have to keep it up, so that those week 16 and week 17 games matter. I think they will be huge games for New York and Miami, so New England having something to play for will benefit Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:19 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Anyone watch the pats colts game last night?  I watched it until half time but they certainly look beatable.  Gronk didn't have any catches in the first half.  I think they're the only threat in the AFC, especially since the Broncos look like garbage with Peyton throwing ducks.  Let's hope the Steelers don't continue to get lucky.

WHO DEY

I would not sleep on the Steelers. I see the AFC as follows:

1. Pats
2. Bengals
3. Steelers
4. Broncos

The Steelers defense held the Cardinals to 13 points (playing with 2 back up QB's) in spite of their offense struggling and putting Cards back on the field quickly. They get Ben back and they may have a better offense than anyone in the NFL.

As for the Pats, all teams are beatable, but Brady sure looks like he is on a mission and determined. Injuries will play a huge part as the year progresses. The Steelers just lost a very good LT for the year and likely Pouncey is done in 2015 also. They can not afford to lose another OL.

The Pats also have OL issues so we need to keep an eye on it.

Let's hope we stay healthy and even get healthier getting Burfict and our 1st round OL pick back in the coming weeks. Many forget he was a top 5 projected pick prior to getting hurt in his bowl game last year. If healthy, he could be another stud OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would not sleep on the Steelers. I see the AFC as follows:

1. Pats
2. Bengals
3. Steelers
4. Broncos

I definitely agree. Those were two big wins the Steelers got without Roethlisberger and their defense has taken a major step forward. The two game lead should mean that the Bengals win the division with a split but it won't be easy.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are going to be a threat, but how well will they match up in the playoffs with:

1. Their secondary
2. Their O-line. Pouncey had another surgery for an infection and their LT is out with an ACL.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 10:43 AM)corpjet Wrote: Having home field advantage in the playoffs is huge!  Would love to get the first round bye and play everyone in the jungle.

Every team is beatable if we stay healthy.

Simple.  Straightforward, and accurate. 

My only concern is run defense, which could be hugely improved with the addition of a healthy Burfict and (just my opinion) PJ Dawson.  I love the kid's athleticism, but Eman Lamur is simply lost in terms of assignment football.  Lined up at WILL on Buffalo's first play, he aimlessly flies in to the middle of the defensive line and vacates his spot.  McCoy says "thank you" and scampers 40 yards.  Dawson may not be as experienced, but he has the instincts.  He needs to start getting some snaps.

The offense looked better and ran the ball pretty well.  It was good to see Hill get on track a little, although Gio simply looks faster and more decisive. 

Special teams is often overlooked, but Adam Jones returning kicks, Huber's punts, and Nug hitting his stride all equals winning in all three phases. 
Reply/Quote
I'm mostly worried about the Steelers. I hope we can secure a bye week. I don't see the Broncos going undefeated the way they are playing. I absolutely HATE that the Steelers are winning without Ben. His receivers, especially Bryant are doing really well.

The Patriots will get a bye for sure. Seems like they always have a cupcake schedule. I just hope somebody takes out Pitt in the wild card round.
Reply/Quote
The Dolphins are a different team since they have different coaches. They get to play the Patriots twice and have a good chance of winning the game in Miami at least.
Reply/Quote
Orrrrrrrr.... Do the Bengals just look unbeatable? Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:52 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I'm mostly worried about the Steelers.  I hope we can secure a bye week.  I don't see the Broncos going undefeated the way they are playing.  I absolutely HATE that the Steelers are winning without Ben.  His receivers, especially Bryant are doing really well.

The Patriots will get a bye for sure.  Seems like they always have a cupcake schedule.  I just hope somebody takes out Pitt in the wild card round.

I think the Steelers will make the playoffs, but I would much rather play them then the Patriots.

Their defense doesn't match up well with us and their O-line is in pretty rough shape.  Either way, I like our chances this year if we can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
I see the steelers knocking off a lower playoff seed division winner, like Indy or Denver, but then losing to the Pats or Bengals.

AFC Title game: Pats and Bengals....Can the Bengals make it a home game? I think so. And I would love that!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:35 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The  Steelers are going to be a threat, but how well will they match up in the playoffs with:

1.  Their secondary
2.  Their O-line.  Pouncey had another surgery for an infection and their LT is out with an ACL.

We'll know more November 1st.  Wasn't aware of them losing their LT, but they are kicking butt with back up quarterbacks and their defense is underrated.

They are one tough team - and will be tougher when Ben returns.

Can't wait to play them!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 02:30 PM)3wt Wrote: We'll know more November 1st.  Wasn't aware of them losing their LT, but they are kicking butt with back up quarterbacks and their defense is underrated.

They are one tough team - and will be tougher when Ben returns.

Can't wait to play them!

Their defense didn't really do a good job vs. New England, and I think we have similar personnel as the Patriots.

I don't expect a win on the road, but I think we will beat them soundly at home.
Reply/Quote
1) Its not like we didn't look unbeatable against Seattle, so every team has their close few games that end up determining the upper standings

2) Don't forget the Steelers gave the Baltimore game away, which would have put them at 5 - 1

Right now, there are 4 threating teams in the AFC, (Cincinnati, New England, Pittsburh, and Denver) Hopefully when the dust settles, we have the #1 or #2 seed.
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Best way to beat Tom Brady is to get to him with the pass rush, which we have, so we can definitely beat them.

Also, getting Burfict back at 100% should make this defense insanely good, and I don't think their defense can stop us, especially if we pound Hill when we face them in the cold in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
any given Sunday!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:18 PM)magikod Wrote: any given Sunday!

Exactly !

Just like any team can win any given week. Any TEAM can lose any given week, Patriots, Packers included. San Diego just took the Pack right to the wire just like our game with them.

The Colts, yes the friggin Colts that aren't that great a team, were fully in the game with the Pats until the Colts decided to give the game away with that abortion of a fake punt.
Reply/Quote