Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots promote Jerod Mayo to HC
The first coaching domino falls. the Patriots promote linebacker coach Jerod Mayo to replace Bill Belichick. This succession plan was reportedly written in Mayo's contract

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 02:06 PM)pally Wrote: The first coaching domino falls. the Patriots promote linebacker coach Jerod Mayo to replace Bill Belichick.  This succession plan was reportedly written in Mayo's contract

No doubt a good middle ground between Belichick's "Patriot Way" philosophy and the current trend of "Player's Coaches". Going to be quite a turnaround in NE though. Their future GM is not inheriting much other than the #3 pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 02:24 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: No doubt a good middle ground between Belichick's "Patriot Way" philosophy and the current trend of "Player's Coaches". Going to be quite a turnaround in NE though. Their future GM is not inheriting much other than the #3 pick.

from one of the oldest coaches to the now youngest

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Liked Mayo as a player coming out of college. After watching some recent interviews, I’m even more impressed with the person. Seems like a very smart and likable dude. I think he will do just fine.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 02:06 PM)pally Wrote: The first coaching domino falls. the Patriots promote linebacker coach Jerod Mayo to replace Bill Belichick.  This succession plan was reportedly written in Mayo's contract

I heard the same thing and it was on on file the the NFL office.  That's why didn't have to do the coaching interview process.  First time I've ever heard that happen.
Reply/Quote